X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkapePhin
    • Jan 2005

Is Losman the guaranteed starter?

Or will he be competing with Holcomb for the starting spot? I see bad things for you guys if you just hand JP the job like that.. It would mean to me that ole Mularkey is willing to sacrifice the season in order to develop JP.. but it seems to me that Bills fans are expecting a Playoff run.. So whats the deal?
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Troy Vincent may have something to say about who is starter

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

the thought is that Bledsoe was so bad through portions of last year- it's hard to see Losman playing worse as a rookie. We were one game shy of the playoffs last year without good QB play and without McGahee starting for 4 of the 7 losses.

Personally, I think that if we get a decent replacement for Jennings, JP can be at least as good of a caretaker QB as Bledsoe was and it'll be a decent season. But barring another upgrade to the O line, I think it will be a long year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

oh, and the rumor is that Losman is the starter, which is the reason Bledsoe left (officially he was cut, but he refused to restructure or be the back-up). It's a tough situation cuz Losman has to learn sometime- we didn't spend a #1 on him so he can hold a clipboard.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SkapePhin
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          oh, and the rumor is that Losman is the starter, which is the reason Bledsoe left (officially he was cut, but he refused to restructure or be the back-up). It's a tough situation cuz Losman has to learn sometime- we didn't spend a #1 on him so he can hold a clipboard.
          That is true.. But it must be tough on you Bills fans since you have been waiting for a Playoff team for awhile.. With JP starting, especially first year, I cant see that happening.

Honestly, I envision a bad season for you guys this year. I think the division will shake out as follows.

Pats
          Jets
          Phins
          Bills

Although McGahee is a stud, but if he gets injured for any length of time, the Bills will bottom out...

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

McGahee's health is a concern- we need him. Seriously, I don't see the Bills doing worse than the Dolphins. The Fish have upgraded over last year's squad but I see them struggling to get to .500 still- a year or two out, I think they'll be back to form. The Bills should at least equal last year's output. I think the Pats will win the division again. The Jets are so unpredictable- they look good on paper but you can never count on them.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SkapePhin
              • Jan 2005

The thing is when I look at the Dolphins, I cant see a reason why they couldnt do just as good as Wannestedt did with a good RB.. Wanny went 10-6 with Ricky, now if Saban can get a running game, with basically the same core players and some improved tweaks.. I dont see why they cant be just as competitive as the 2003 squad.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Dolphin fans should have zip, zero, nada to say.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkapePhin
                  That is true.. But it must be tough on you Bills fans since you have been waiting for a Playoff team for awhile.. With JP starting, especially first year, I cant see that happening.
                  not any tougher than it has been to watch your dolfish get there and suck a d**k for the past 30 years.

Post edited for inappropriate word. - Mr. Miyagi
                  Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 04-04-2005, 06:10 AM.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

How can you put the Bills at the bottom of the division when they had the #2 defense and the #1 offense last year?

It could be a tough season with Losman. I'm not discounting that. But I honestly can't see anything worse than 7-9. I think our record could be anywhere from 11-5 to 7-9 depending on how effective Losman is. Our defense and special teams alone should win us some games, they did last year.

Also, Losman is the starter but if he sucks in training camp and pre-season, they wouldn't hesitate to play Holcomb.
                    Originally posted by paladin warrior
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i think you mean number 1 special teams, not offense, romes.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SkapePhin
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Romes
                        How can you put the Bills at the bottom of the division when they had the #2 defense and the #1 offense last year?

It could be a tough season with Losman. I'm not discounting that. But I honestly can't see anything worse than 7-9. I think our record could be anywhere from 11-5 to 7-9 depending on how effective Losman is. Our defense and special teams alone should win us some games, they did last year.

Also, Losman is the starter but if he sucks in training camp and pre-season, they wouldn't hesitate to play Holcomb.
                        With a 7-9 record, the Bills could very easily be at the bottom of the division.. I see the Dolphins finishing within that same range (7-9/11-5).. As always, anything is possible in the AFC East.

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Honestly, I envision a bad season for you guys this year. I think the division will shake out as follows.

Pats
                          Jets
                          Phins
                          Bills

Although McGahee is a stud, but if he gets injured for any length of time, the Bills will bottom out...
                          Jesus, you Fins fans are all the same! You forgot that the same team that you refer to is two years older now than when Pothead Williams was playing for you. They were older than the hills to begin with. Who's to say that Saban won't be another Steve Spurrier? I can see the division shaking down like this:

Pats
                          Bills
                          Jets
                          Dullphins
                          That logo is the gayest logo I have ever seen for a football team by the way.
                          Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Romes
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            i think you mean number 1 special teams, not offense, romes.
                            yeah, i do. thanks.
                            Originally posted by paladin warrior
                            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Is Losman the guaranteed starter? Or will he be competing with Holcomb for the starting spot? I see bad things for you guys if you just hand JP the job like that.. It would mean to me that ole Mularkey is willing to sacrifice the season in order to develop JP.. but it seems to me that Bills fans are expecting a Playoff run.. So whats the deal?
                              Is Feeley the guaranteed starter? Or will he be competing with Frerotte for the starting spot? I see bad things for you guys if you just hand AJ the job like that.. It would mean to me that ole Saban is willing to sacrifice the season in order to develop AJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X