PDA

View Full Version : Patriots sign WR David Terrell

Ickybaluky
04-03-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm surprised a little by this, given his off-field issues (multiple driving infractions) and big-time attitude problems since entering the NFL. The flip side is he is big, talented and had great success with Brady at Michigan. My only guess is Brady gave him a strong recommendation, and he will be more focused in a winning situation (like Dillon). Curious move.

He certainly will have a better QB throwing him the ball than he did in Chicago.

Per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2029266), he signed a 1-year deal.

The Spaz
04-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Now he'll be great because he signed with the Pats..:rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
04-04-2005, 12:31 AM
if this guy can get his head out of his ass,he could be a productive player for the Pats.

Tatonka
04-04-2005, 01:05 AM
i could have sworn he signed with the giants..

well.. that sucks.. that is a great signing by them.. he will be a fine replacement for patten, with first round, big time upside.

i am sure with his old qb brady back with him again.. he will do very well as a 3rd wr behind patten and branch.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-04-2005, 05:26 AM
I have to tell you that this signing is great by New England. I think that Terrell will thrive in New England. He is going to be a very solid receiver there. I wouldn't be so concerened with a "bad attitude" because IMO there isn't one.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2005, 06:05 AM
Sigh...another Corey Dillon type rehabilitation signing. Good one for the Pats, sucks for everyone else. :cry:

Earthquake Enyart
04-04-2005, 06:08 AM
Just because the almighty Pats signed him, it doesn't mean he'll be any better. The guy drops easy balls, and is more concerned about what endzone dance he'll do.

He blows and hopefully he'll turn out to be a huge distraction for them.

lordofgun
04-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Just because the almighty Pats signed him, it doesn't mean he'll be any better. The guy drops easy balls, and is more concerned about what endzone dance he'll do.

He blows and hopefully he'll turn out to be a huge distraction for them.
EE knows about Terrell. :up:

The King
04-04-2005, 07:45 AM
The guy never had a QB in Chicago. He will flourish in NE although him Givens and Branch all share the same strengths. They dont have the diversity Buffalos 3 WR's have.

Tatonka
04-04-2005, 07:57 AM
i would love to have deon branch on the bills.. that guy is sweet.

Earthquake Enyart
04-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Terrell makes Travis Henry look like a Mensa member.

The King
04-04-2005, 07:59 AM
i would love to have deon branch on the bills.. that guy is sweet.

He is gonna get his pay day real soon. He wont be a Patriot for much longer.

dannyek71
04-04-2005, 09:29 AM
He is gonna get his pay day real soon. He wont be a Patriot for much longer.
I agree

Tatonka
04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
i would pay him.. i would love him and evans.. that is a ton of speed.

lordofgun
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
i would pay him.. i would love him and evans.. that is a ton of speed.
I wouldn't be surprised if TD drafted another receiver in Rd 2 of this year's draft. I don't necessarily think he should, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Ickybaluky
04-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Branch is under contract for two more years, and he is the one WR I think the Pats will keep above all others. They love him and believe he has 100-catch potential.

Givens might be a guy that goes after this season. The Pats have talked contract with him for a while now, but they do not believe Givens is as good as Branch and are unlikely to come up with top dollar. I'd put it at 50-50 that Given last year in NE is 2005.

SABURZFAN
04-04-2005, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if TD drafted another receiver in Rd 2 of this year's draft. I don't necessarily think he should, but it wouldn't surprise me.

me neither.if it happens,it's your fault. :mad:

MTBillsFan
04-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I think he's the next David Boston! A very talented waste of a uniform.

thebuffalobills4
04-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised a little by this, given his off-field issues (multiple driving infractions) and big-time attitude problems since entering the NFL. The flip side is he is big, talented and had great success with Brady at Michigan. My only guess is Brady gave him a strong recommendation, and he will be more focused in a winning situation (like Dillon). Curious move.

He certainly will have a better QB throwing him the ball than he did in Chicago.

Per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2029266), he signed a 1-year deal.
there waesting their money for players they do not need.they already have a good wr corp.

Dantheman1280
04-04-2005, 02:40 PM
You guys are all forgetting to mention Bethel Jhonson. Hes not quite there yet but this guy has major talent. I hate to say it, but even if Givens leaves, the pats are in fine shap as is.

pats-were-right
04-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Branch is under contract for two more years, and he is the one WR I think the Pats will keep above all others. They love him and believe he has 100-catch potential.

Givens might be a guy that goes after this season. The Pats have talked contract with him for a while now, but they do not believe Givens is as good as Branch and are unlikely to come up with top dollar. I'd put it at 50-50 that Given last year in NE is 2005.

Problem is NE, to have 100 catches you need to stay healthy an entire season. He's kinda fragile

lordofgun
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
me neither.if it happens,it's your fault. :mad:
I remember when you got all ticked off when we drafted McGahee. :chuckle:

thebuffalobills4
04-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I remember when you got all ticked off when we drafted McGahee. :chuckle:
nice :clap: