PDA

View Full Version : Surtain a goner; Dolphins sign Edwards

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2005, 06:02 AM
In what might be the precursor to the long-discussed trade of Patrick Surtain, the Miami Dolphins have signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Mario Edwards.

A five-year veteran, who played for Tampa Bay in 2004 after spending the first four seasons of his career with the Dallas Cowboys, Edwards signed a one-year contract. The financial details of the deal were not available.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2028891

Samphin1
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Well, I could have told you he was a goner before this signing. :P With Poole, Edwards and others on the depth chart, we wll hopefully have an in house replacement for Surtain. None of those guys will be as elite as Surtain to start, but hopefully they can hold their own. I really like Will Poole's talent and think he can be a fantastic CB in this league.

Mr. Cynical
04-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Long road ahead for the Fish.

mysticsoto
04-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Is the deal with the Chiefs finalized? Seems like now the Dolphins have less leverage to demand a 2nd rd pick for Surtain considering the new signing. Now a team can say we'll give you a 3rd for him, and if you don't like it, you can stay stuck with him...

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-04-2005, 09:55 AM
:bigwave:

SkapePhin
04-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Is the deal with the Chiefs finalized? Seems like now the Dolphins have less leverage to demand a 2nd rd pick for Surtain considering the new signing. Now a team can say we'll give you a 3rd for him, and if you don't like it, you can stay stuck with him...

I dont think "staying stuck with Surtain" is all that bad.. Face it, we will get a 2nd round pick or we will keep Surtain for another year and possibly franchise him next year.. Its a WIN/WIN in my opinion.

Nublar7
04-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Saban is counting on the trade with KC that would send us a 2nd rounder. However, if KC can't meet the demands, we will probably just release Mario. Dolphins still have the leverage, not KC.

Sportsuser101
04-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Not sure what Edwards signing means Surtain is gone. Edwards is not a starter and I don't think he's a very good nickle.

DraftBoy
04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Leverage is nothing basically if the Dolphins dont do the deal with KC they are gonna have one unhappy CB on their roster and may be looking at a hold out, allowing for the contract to be done before the trade could hurt the Phins in the end but we will see. They back out now they cost Surtain certain money he knows he woulda earned prolly not something that he'll take too well.

gr8slayer
04-04-2005, 11:38 AM
No more Surtain would be great news for us.

feelthepain
04-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Leverage is nothing basically if the Dolphins dont do the deal with KC they are gonna have one unhappy CB on their roster and may be looking at a hold out, allowing for the contract to be done before the trade could hurt the Phins in the end but we will see. They back out now they cost Surtain certain money he knows he woulda earned prolly not something that he'll take too well.

That won't happen, Surtain is a class act and has been a fin his whole career he has a lot of friends on the team and won't leave them hanging, besides his value would fall throught the floor if he sat out a year it would be counter productive. We are in the driver seat and will stay there. If Surtain signs with KC we will get fair value either this year or next. Saban is no fool and will not be had. M.Edwards is nothing more then depth, and has nothing to do with starting.

Dicknoze69
04-04-2005, 01:08 PM
This potential deal reminds me of our situation with Henry. Either the Dolphins get a 2nd rounder for him, or they keep him. Keeping him is not a bad idea, since he's highly regarded. He may be upset, but I seriously doubt he'd let it affect the team.

And if I'm the Chiefs, I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.

Sportsuser101
04-04-2005, 01:10 PM
That won't happen, Surtain is a class act and has been a fin his whole career he has a lot of friends on the team and won't leave them hanging, besides his value would fall throught the floor if he sat out a year it would be counter productive. We are in the driver seat and will stay there. If Surtain signs with KC we will get fair value either this year or next. Saban is no fool and will not be had. M.Edwards is nothing more then depth, and has nothing to do with starting.
So was Henry.

jamze132
04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I think Surtain is definitley worth a 2nd rounder.

Ed
04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
If the Dolphins do end up getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Surtain, does that open the door for a possible Travis Henry trade?

I know Saban had mentioned being interested in Henry a couple months ago and Donahoe said he wouldn't be opposed to trading him within the division. I guess it depends what they want to do with their first pick and how much they like the RB's coming out, but if they did want to go in a different direction, I think a trade for Travis could look pretty appealing.

Would the Dolphins be willing to part with a 2nd? Would we be willing to accept a 3rd for him?

Maybe the Surtain trade could at least give us some leverage with the Cardinals if we could generate some interest from the fins.

DraftBoy
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM

Sounds more like wishful thinking than anything.

#1. You dont know how Surtain will react you can only hope he will react how you posted

#2. We have nothing to judge Saban's abilities on whether he will make good personell moves or not

Also its not if Surtain signs with KC bc he already has signed but the deal cannot be completed unless a trade can be worked upon. I agree though Edwards is strictly a depth player but Miami allowing the contract to be done 1st would raise concern for me if Im a phins fan.

Samphin1
04-04-2005, 06:46 PM

#1. You dont know how Surtain will react you can only hope he will react how you posted

#2. We have nothing to judge Saban's abilities on whether he will make good personell moves or not

Also its not if Surtain signs with KC bc he already has signed but the deal cannot be completed unless a trade can be worked upon. I agree though Edwards is strictly a depth player but Miami allowing the contract to be done 1st would raise concern for me if Im a phins fan.

I look at it as if he was a RFA. The Chiefs did the negotiating here and we now know what it takes to get him signed. Now, you can talk trade with other teams who may need a CB and say look, this is what he will sign for. Surtain had no leverage here and neither does K.C. If, by the off chance that Pat did decide to holdout, we were prepared to go into the season without him anyway ( obviously with all this trade talk ), so it isn't like we would be really missing out. Plus, we could always Franchise him next year and either have him play for us or get extreme compensation for him. The Chiefs will habve to cave to Saban's demands in order to have Surtain, and based on that team's defense, they would be stupid not to.

feelthepain
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM

1) Sounds to me your the one wishful, wishful he leaves Miami! Surtain has been a fin a long time I think I know what kinda player and person is better then you. Any team in the league would love to add Surtain to their roster. And like I said above, what good would it do for Surtain to be a jerk during a contract year? In the end it would hurt him more then the team to hold out...use some common sense.

2) Saban and BB coached together in the NFL and Saban took the worst D in the league to the best D in the league with the Browns , He's won a National Championship at LSU and has made winners of every team he's ever coached add to that he was wanted by most teams looking for a HC and the Dolphins with all their history and an owner that gives freedom to coach without interference made the Fins the best choice for Saban or he would not be here. We now have Saban, Linehan and Houck three top notch coaches. Do you think the Fins have improved in coaching over the last five years? I do.

Surtain has signed nothing!!! And the last time I checked he's still a fin, and until we get a fair price for him he will remain a fin, do you have a copy of the signed contract between KC and Surtain? Your fear of his ability is strong you can see it in the words you type, there is a lot of hope in what you write. I think it's best we wait to see what happens before we make statments like Surtain has already signed a contract.

DMBcrew36
04-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Buffalo's coaches > Miami's coaches

Nublar7
04-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Buffalo's coaches > Miami's coaches:roflmao:

NJFINSFAN1
04-05-2005, 08:51 AM
NFL Network reports....
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Rich Eisen of the NFL Network reports that Miami's initial 4th round pick offer (for Surtain) from K.C. will now be moved up to a higher draft choice.

Did not say what that choice would be, or if it was this year or next?

justasportsfan
04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
NFL Network reports....
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Rich Eisen of the NFL Network reports that Miami's initial 4th round pick offer (for Surtain) from K.C. will now be moved up to a higher draft choice.

Did not say what that choice would be, or if it was this year or next?
KC's 3rd next year :up:

justasportsfan
04-05-2005, 08:57 AM
:roflmao:Until your coaches win a single game in the NFL it's not a false statement. Our coaches are 9-7 compared to your 0-0 coaching staff.

NJFINSFAN1
04-05-2005, 08:58 AM
KC's 3rd next year :up:
I doubt that, Saban has said he won't cave in on his demand for at least a 2nd. But you never know what he is thinking, maybe a 4th this year and a couple next??

Kolbiss
04-05-2005, 09:38 AM
:roflmao:

Are you implying something here??

jaja54
04-05-2005, 10:02 AM

If it's going to be a pick THIS year then it has to be their 2nd rounder. Their 3rd rounder is a compensatory pick and they can't trade it. It's been reported that Saban is loking for a the 2nd rounder AND a middle rounder for Surtain. Let's see if the Chiefs are that desperate!

DraftBoy
04-05-2005, 12:15 PM
1) Sounds to me your the one wishful, wishful he leaves Miami! Surtain has been a fin a long time I think I know what kinda player and person is better then you. Any team in the league would love to add Surtain to their roster. And like I said above, what good would it do for Surtain to be a jerk during a contract year? In the end it would hurt him more then the team to hold out...use some common sense.

2) Saban and BB coached together in the NFL and Saban took the worst D in the league to the best D in the league with the Browns , He's won a National Championship at LSU and has made winners of every team he's ever coached add to that he was wanted by most teams looking for a HC and the Dolphins with all their history and an owner that gives freedom to coach without interference made the Fins the best choice for Saban or he would not be here. We now have Saban, Linehan and Houck three top notch coaches. Do you think the Fins have improved in coaching over the last five years? I do.

Surtain has signed nothing!!! And the last time I checked he's still a fin, and until we get a fair price for him he will remain a fin, do you have a copy of the signed contract between KC and Surtain? Your fear of his ability is strong you can see it in the words you type, there is a lot of hope in what you write. I think it's best we wait to see what happens before we make statments like Surtain has already signed a contract.

Nobody here is scared of Surtain, we all respect his abilities and I never put those in doubt. Do i think its a good move for the Bills for Surtain to be moved to another team? Hell yea I do, he's a good corner, one id love to see not on the Phins any longer. Since we are apparently using common sense lets look at it this way: You are working for a company for X amount a year but they need to cut back due to budget reasons, so you look elsewhere and find a new job doing the same thing for what you were making (X) and a little more (Y). So essentially you'd be making X+Y, and have a new job with better job security bc where you are going they desperately need the help at your posistion. But the job you are currently employed wont let you go bc they dont feel the compensation back to them is enough even though they need to get rid of you bc of budget reasons. So essentially they are costing you more money and running the risk of you working and getting injured in the last year or your current contract and costing you more in the end. To be honest Id be more than hacked off by this. Samphin's situation made a ton more sense, so read his posts and take notes for next time. If the math is too hard for you PM me and Ill explain real slow.

As for Saban being a good HC at the pro level Im still waiting to see that. Was he a good DC? Yes, so was Gregg Williams. Was he a great college coach? Yes so was Butch Davis and Steve Spurrier. He worked for BB well thats a posistive but it doesnt mean he's gonna be the next BB. Once again you have nothing to go on saying that Saban in no fool as a pro football HC or a personell evaluator.

DraftBoy
04-05-2005, 12:16 PM
I doubt that, Saban has said he won't cave in on his demand for at least a 2nd. But you never know what he is thinking, maybe a 4th this year and a couple next??

4th this year, 3rd and 4th next year could be a real possibility for KC, they think they arent far off from playoffs. We'll see how Saban does in his 1st true test.

gr8slayer
04-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Nobody here is scared of Surtain, .I know Moulds isnt, he owns Surtain every time.

justasportsfan
04-05-2005, 12:28 PM
I know Moulds isnt, he owns Surtain every time. "and he spits....BULLSEYE!!"

jaja54
04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
I know Moulds isnt, he owns Surtain every time.
I think Moulds works better against Madison than Surtain. Seems every big play he makes has Madison trailing behind him. I may be wrong.

gr8slayer
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
I think Moulds works better against Madison than Surtain. Seems every big play he makes has Madison trailing behind him. I may be wrong.I dont think Moulds cares who it is against, he has owned them both plenty of times.

jaja54
04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I dont think Moulds cares who it is against, he has owned them both plenty of times.
Unfortunately, you're right.

feelthepain
04-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Nobody here is scared of Surtain, we all respect his abilities and I never put those in doubt. Do i think its a good move for the Bills for Surtain to be moved to another team? Hell yea I do, he's a good corner, one id love to see not on the Phins any longer. Since we are apparently using common sense lets look at it this way: You are working for a company for X amount a year but they need to cut back due to budget reasons, so you look elsewhere and find a new job doing the same thing for what you were making (X) and a little more (Y). So essentially you'd be making X+Y, and have a new job with better job security bc where you are going they desperately need the help at your posistion. But the job you are currently employed wont let you go bc they dont feel the compensation back to them is enough even though they need to get rid of you bc of budget reasons. So essentially they are costing you more money and running the risk of you working and getting injured in the last year or your current contract and costing you more in the end. To be honest Id be more than hacked off by this. Samphin's situation made a ton more sense, so read his posts and take notes for next time. If the math is too hard for you PM me and Ill explain real slow.

As for Saban being a good HC at the pro level Im still waiting to see that. Was he a good DC? Yes, so was Gregg Williams. Was he a great college coach? Yes so was Butch Davis and Steve Spurrier. He worked for BB well thats a posistive but it doesnt mean he's gonna be the next BB. Once again you have nothing to go on saying that Saban in no fool as a pro football HC or a personell evaluator.
"Nobody here is sacred of Surtain"....Who said you were? As for company "X" is that a Pro Sports Team team? Because unless your talking Pro Sports, you can't compare American pro sports, especially the big four sports franchises with any company in the world. Our professional sports are an entity unique to themself's. With the money, fame and glory that goes along with being an NFL superstar, their is also an understanding that you belong to a team that reserves the right to trade your butt, whenever and for whomever they feel fit to trade you for! It's a business! And every player in the NFL knows they can be traded, OR NOT, like it or not, at any time!!! Surtain and Saban both know and understand the sittuation, the Fins own the rights to Surtain and if they feel they are not getting fair market value for a probowl corner then they WILL NOT TRADE HIM!!!!!! You can type anything you wish and try to look like you know it all, but the bottom line......your not the Miami FO.

Surtain is a class act and will not, and I repeat, WILL NOT act like an idiot if he doesn't get traded he's only 28 and will be a FA next year if he's not traded this year. He may want to be somewhere else because of the money, but he's a professional you won't see or hear him complain.I know thats not what you want to hear, but oh well. It will probably be better for him to stay a Dolphin one more year because he can hit the market without any restrictions as to who ,where and when he goes. Teams can bid on him without having to add a draft pick to the price tag. Now tell me again, why would he be upset to stay a fin one more year? He's only gonna make 8+ mill! Your just hoping there are problems within the team and your trying to incorporate it into this thread. Try and look at it as if your didn't hate the fins, because your coming across like the hate you have for the fins and hope that they fall apart is the motivation for your thread.

Once again you have nothing to go on saying that Saban in no fool as a pro football HC or a personell evaluator.
And what do you have that proves he won't be better the BB? Where do you think BB went to get the low down on who to draft and who not to draft? Spurrier? Davis? Williams?.....No, it was Saban infact Saban and BB would spend a few weeks every summer at Saban's retreat talking football. You don't know as much as you think you do, and if you were smart you be a little worried about Saban and what he is planning for the Dolphins. We are no longer the DW Dolphins and I'll bet you 10$ you would rather have Saban and his knowledge, hard work ethic and ability to motivate and evalute over what you have now. I don't expect you to agree on this site, but the fact remains not every owner in the league looking for a HC was chasing your coach down and offering up their right arms,a boat load of money and a night with their daughters to get him to signed! I think the powers that be in the NFL know more about Sabans ability then you, most of them endorse him as a HC in this league. BB has far more respect for him as a coach and talent evaluator then you...now who do I think is cluless??? YOU or BB....hmmmm, thats a tough one.

NJFINSFAN1
04-05-2005, 02:53 PM
4th this year, 3rd and 4th next year could be a real possibility for KC, they think they arent far off from playoffs. We'll see how Saban does in his 1st true test.
Not sure I would be happy with that, but it's better then letting him walk away for free! I would go for a 4th this year and a 2nd next.

Bulldog
04-05-2005, 03:32 PM
And what do you have that proves he won't be better the BB? Where do you think BB went to get the low down on who to draft and who not to draft? Spurrier? Davis? Williams?.....No, it was Saban infact Saban and BB would spend a few weeks every summer at Saban's retreat talking football.

So now Saban is the one who was calling the shots for the Pats the past couple of years? Thats too funny. I don't doubt that Saban will be a good head coach for the Dolphins, but lets no get crazy here. He and BB may have talked a fair amount of football, but to say BB went to Saban for advice on who to draft is just plain idiotic.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2005, 03:47 PM
And what do you have that proves he won't be better the BB?
No one can tell the future, but the fact is that he hasn't done jack in the pro level yet so no, he ISN'T any good of a pro head coach right now.

jaja54
04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
So now Saban is the one who was calling the shots for the Pats the past couple of years? Thats too funny. I don't doubt that Saban will be a good head coach for the Dolphins, but lets no get crazy here. He and BB may have talked a fair amount of football, but to say BB went to Saban for advice on who to draft is just plain idiotic.
Its been reported many times that BB met with NS, and in fact spent time at Saban's country home discussing football issues and the draft. Whether or not he acted on Saban's "advice".... who knows?

feelthepain
04-05-2005, 04:16 PM

Idiotic?...you don't read much huh? It's well known Saban was the one giving BB draft info maybe Sabnan didn't make the picks himself, but BB trusted Sabans knowledge in college players and used that knowledge to draft from.

feelthepain
04-05-2005, 04:28 PM
No one can tell the future, but the fact is that he hasn't done jack in the pro level yet so no, he ISN'T any good of a pro head coach right now.

He has coached at the pro level he may not have been a "HC", but he has caoached at the pro level, and had the best D in the league when he coached in the NFL.Your right though, no one can tell the future! So to think Sabans history in being one of the best at every level he's coached will not change just because he joined the NFL.

he hasn't done jack in the pro level yet so no, he ISN'T any good of a pro head coach right now.

Right...I'm sure you thought Mularkey wasn't any good when started his first year either, infact I'm sure that wasn't your opinion of him his first season. Stop trying to take the easy way out.

Kolbiss
04-06-2005, 09:24 AM
He has coached at the pro level he may not have been a "HC", but he has caoached at the pro level, and had the best D in the league when he coached in the NFL.Your right though, no one can tell the future! So to think Sabans history in being one of the best at every level he's coached will not change just because he joined the NFL.

Greg Williams D was number one to!

Bulldog
04-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Idiotic?...you don't read much huh? It's well known Saban was the one giving BB draft info maybe Sabnan didn't make the picks himself, but BB trusted Sabans knowledge in college players and used that knowledge to draft from.

Well thats alot different than Saban telling BB "who to draft and who not to draft". Perhaps you're the one who can't read. Those words are right from your previous post.

P.S. Negged :dance:

Mr. Miyagi
04-06-2005, 10:01 AM
God I've never hated a head coach as much as Saban now, including Bellichick, even though he hasn't coached a single game yet. Thanks to these idiotic fins fans.

Now I really hope Saban is the next Spurrier. Big time. :cynic:

NJFINSFAN1
04-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Well thats alot different than Saban telling BB "who to draft and who not to draft". Perhaps you're the one who can't read. Those words are right from your previous post.

Bellichick has been quoted that he used saban's knowledge as a evaluator.

Does this mean anything?? Only time will tell.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/thumbnails/photo/2005-04/17019239.jpg (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marino040405,0,7501282.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front)

feelthepain
04-06-2005, 11:46 AM
God I've never hated a head coach as much as Saban now, including Bellichick, even though he hasn't coached a single game yet. Thanks to these idiotic fins fans.

Now I really hope Saban is the next Spurrier. Big time. :cynic:
You think you hate him now? Wait till we make the SB under Saban before you make the SB under Mike! This is not a dig or smack it's just knowing how Saban coaches, he has a plan and will not rest until it's achieved. This is just my opinion!BTW I guess because your a MOD insults are allowed?!?!?!?

feelthepain
04-06-2005, 12:46 PM

When did I say Saban TOLD BB who to draft? All I said was Saban gave BB the downlow on who to draft...in other words, who Saban would draft if he were BB.
It's called advise! And if you still don't believe Saban is known for his ability to spot talent read the part about Saban strengths,

This quote from Mort Chat:

Chris Mortensen: (12:12 PM ET ) Well, Nick's not going to tell anybody, what he's doing, but yes, Ronnie is one of the top 10 players in the draft. There is still plenty of debate about his moderate production in college and Saban probably knows him and his Auburn teammate Cadillac Williams as well as anybody b/c he's had to play 'em for the last four years. One of Saban's strengths is as an evaluator, so I would trust him. ...... There is no question that he would love to trade out of that number two slot, by the way. "Mortensen isn't god, but he knows football and is respected, so take it for what it's worth!<!-- / message -->

Kolbiss
04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
You think you hate him now? Wait till we make the SB under Saban before you make the SB under Mike! This is not a dig or smack it's just knowing how Saban coaches, he has a plan and will not rest until it's achieved. This is just my opinion!BTW I guess because your a MOD insults are allowed?!?!?!?

I understand you want to be optamistic about your new head coach...I was thrilled that Greg Williams got the job, and I was pissed when Mularkey go it. My point is not only that I dont dont know jack crap, but wait and see what the hell Saban can do as a HEAD COACH before you start annointing him the next Lomabardi. Pete Carrol Is a FAR BETTER COACH THAN SABAN, and he cant hack it the pros, not to mention the countless other names. You never know what you are going to get, a Steve Spurrier or a Jimmy Johnson, so quit making stupid predictions.

justasportsfan
04-06-2005, 12:58 PM
You think you hate him now? Wait till we make the SB under Saban before you make the SB under Mike! This is not a dig or smack it's just knowing how Saban coaches, he has a plan and will not rest until it's achieved. This is just my opinion!BTW I guess because your a MOD insults are allowed?!?!?!?Based on what? His college stint? His DC stint? Mularkey is one of the very few 1st yr. HC's to have had a winning season . Does that mean he'll win a sb faster than BB because BB wasn't able to achieve that? NO!. :crazy:

Remember, Jimmy Johnson was a great HC when he was w/ the cowboys. What did he do when he went to Miami? Spurrier? Davis?

What has Parcels done in Dallas? You think Saban is a more accomplished HC than both JJ and Tuna? They are both proof that past success doesn't automatically mean success in the future.

NJFINSFAN1
04-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Based on what? His college stint? His DC stint? Mularkey is one of the very few 1st yr. HC's to have had a winning season . Does that mean he'll win a sb faster than BB because BB wasn't able to achieve that? NO!. :crazy:

Remember, Jimmy Johnson was a great HC when he was w/ the cowboys. What did he do when he went to Miami? Spurrier? Davis?

What has Parcels done in Dallas? You think Saban is a more accomplished HC than both JJ and Tuna? They are both proof that past success doesn't automatically mean success in the future.
That may be true, but I will say this! He is a hell of a lot better then Wanny so far!!! Fin fans should be pumped up, but I also want to see what he does on the field.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2005-04/17008494.jpg

Kolbiss
04-06-2005, 01:28 PM
That may be true, but I will say this! He is a hell of a lot better then Wanny so far!!! Fin fans should be pumped up, but I also want to see what he does on the field.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2005-04/17008494.jpg

I agree 100 percent!!!! Good post

feelthepain
04-06-2005, 01:32 PM
justasportsfan wrote:

Based on what?

My opinion!

Mr. Miyagi
04-06-2005, 01:33 PM
I will give you that. :up:

feelthepain
04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Based on what? His college stint? His DC stint? Mularkey is one of the very few 1st yr. HC's to have had a winning season . Does that mean he'll win a sb faster than BB because BB wasn't able to achieve that? NO!. :crazy:

The difference is desire, JJ and B.Parcels had reached the pinnacle of their careers and were on their second or third go 'round when their coahing lost it's edge. They were/are not the same coches they were when they were at their peak. Saban has something to prove and he is a man that hates failure. He has a different drive at this point a drive B.Davis and S.Spurrier never had. It took the right job to get him to leave College and make a run at the pros. In Miami he will have complete control over his future and he believes in his system. He's not S.Spurrier in that golf is not always on his mind or does he believe socring a 100 pts. and having no D is the way to win in the NFL. I suggest you pick up his book and read it with an open mind, it's not about the Dolphins or his dream to be a Dolphin HC, it's about being a winner. At work in your family, in life.

Is there anything I can say short of being a prognosticator that would make you believe he will be one of the best coaches to ever coach at this level? No, ofcourse not, but he has far more going for him then the names that keep getting thrown around like Davis,Spurrier and Williams. He not only knows what to look for in young talent, but he has a nack for making people believe in what he's selling, and thats succsess. I hope you have enjoyed the few years of knowing the fins have weaknesses that can be exploited rather easily becuase those days are over. If nothing else, you won't ever face a Dolphins team under Saban ill prepaid for battle like the teams Wanny would march out on the field. And our balance will be a strength. Should what I say be written in stone? No, but I like the odds.

justasportsfan
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM

Even though he has done nothing , I will agree. He's better than Wanny.

justasportsfan
04-06-2005, 02:59 PM
The difference is desire, JJ and B.Parcels had reached the pinnacle of their careers and were on their second or third go 'round when their coahing lost it's edge. They were/are not the same coches they were when they were at their peak.
I didn't know you were close friends w/ the Tuna. Tell him Drew sucks.

Saban has something to prove exactly. Checkmate. Until he proves himself stop talking like he's already proven himself.

and he is a man that hates failure. He has a different drive at this point a drive B.Davis and S.Spurrier never had. It took the right job to get him to leave College and make a run at the pros. In Miami he will have complete control over his future and he believes in his system. He's not S.Spurrier in that golf is not always on his mind or does he believe socring a 100 pts. and having no D is the way to win in the NFL. I suggest you pick up his book and read it with an open mind, it's not about the Dolphins or his dream to be a Dolphin HC, it's about being a winner. At work in your family, in life.

Is there anything I can say short of being a prognosticator that would make you believe he will be one of the best coaches to ever coach at this level? No, ofcourse not, but he has far more going for him then the names that keep getting thrown around like Davis,Spurrier and Williams. He not only knows what to look for in young talent, but he has a nack for making people believe in what he's selling, and thats succsess. I hope you have enjoyed the few years of knowing the fins have weaknesses that can be exploited rather easily becuase those days are over. If nothing else, you won't ever face a Dolphins team under Saban ill prepaid for battle like the teams Wanny would march out on the field. And our balance will be a strength. Should what I say be written in stone? No, but I like the odds.
Damn, you're good friends w/ Saban too?

justasportsfan
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
justasportsfan wrote:

My opinion!Oh okay.

NJFINSFAN1
04-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Even though he has done nothing , I will agree. He's better than Wanny.
Well, I would not say nothing, he put one heck of a staff together and has made some decent signings.

But I agree, I want to see what he does on games days before saying he is the second coming! But I am encouraged so far!

justasportsfan
04-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Well, I would not say nothing, he put one heck of a staff together and has made some decent signings.

But I agree, I want to see what he does on games days before saying he is the second coming! But I am encouraged so far!Just hiring Saban already made your D better. That's not a good thing for us.

feelthepain
04-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Just hiring Saban already made your D better. That's not a good thing for us.We already a top five D, adding Saban will just make us consistent,Saban also put together a petty formidable coaching staff on O aswell. we already had the talent in players we just had bad coaching. Now that the coaching has improved I'd say were better on O too.