PDA

View Full Version : Losman prepares to take helm as Bills QB

justasportsfan
04-04-2005, 07:24 AM
http://www.rochesterinsider.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050401/INSIDER1202/504010358

The Buffalo Bills officially kicked off their pre-season workouts on March 21. It's called a voluntary off-season conditioning program, but don't let the name fool you.

If you want to get on head coach Mike Mularkey's good side, you'd better be in the weight room.

New starting quarterback J.P. Losman doesn't have to worry about that. He never left Orchard Park.

The second-year player has been studying film and preparing for the season since just after the Bills' season ended in January.

"I'm working daily mentally and physically on this upcoming season, trying to get my leg back to 100 percent, which is pretty close," Losman says.

Oh, yes, that leg: the one that was broken in training camp at St. John Fisher College last summer. But the 24-year-old did heal enough to play in four games last season, completing three passes for 32 yards and rushing for 15 yards. And although the stats are not impressive, Losman is the Bills quarterback of the future.

Tatonka
04-04-2005, 07:56 AM
"Losman was named starter in February after the Bills did not renew Drew Bledsoe's contract."

wrong.. :shakeno:

JJamezz
04-04-2005, 09:14 AM
"I'm working daily mentally and physically on this upcoming season, trying to get my leg back to 100 percent, which is pretty close," Losman says.

Yeah, about 2 months ago.. actually all of those quotes are really old. :down:

lordofgun
04-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Rochester :chuckle:

justasportsfan
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
So Sue me. It was in this weeks mag. :fury:

justasportsfan
04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Rochester :chuckle:Hey, Elmira's only source of news is through Billszone.

They didn't even know that the Pope passed away until they went to the twilightzone . :dance: .

Mr. Cynical
04-04-2005, 09:57 AM
This worries me a little. It looks like he is not one of those guys that heals quickly, so we really need to hope he doesn't get injured. Otherwise Holcomb will be getting alot of play time while JP heals.

As for his team — and it is "his" team now — Losman will use his brainpower to make an impression.
Classic.

:lolpoint: Drew

mybills
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
This worries me a little. It looks like he is not one of those guys that heals quickly, so we really need to hope he doesn't get injured. Otherwise Holcomb will be getting alot of play time while JP heals.

what if he's saying that so he can use it as an excuse if he sucks.:gag:

JJamezz
04-04-2005, 11:30 AM
So Sue me. It was in this weeks mag. :fury:

Sorry man, wasn't directed at you - I was talking to Ms. Buch, master of the obvious. :party:

Michael82
04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey, Elmira's only source of news is through Billszone.

They didn't even know that the Pope passed away until they went to the twilightzone . :dance: .
:rofl:

:lolpoint: Elmira

Mr. Cynical
04-04-2005, 05:07 PM
what if he's saying that so he can use it as an excuse if he sucks.:gag:

That was a violation of the JP is Perfect Code. :chuk:

:;

im4bflo
04-04-2005, 06:26 PM
JP is showing a great work ethic, and putting in a lot of overtime.
He'll be as prepared as anyone can posibly be, I think that's awesome!
:grovel:JPD :bow:

ScottLawrence
04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
JP is showing a great work ethic, and putting in a lot of overtime.
He'll be as prepared as anyone can posibly be, I think that's awesome!
:grovel:JPD :bow:

Didn't Robo show the same thing? :tired:

HurryUpTom
04-04-2005, 10:11 PM
I really could hardly care less how he looks in the offseason. I remember how Grant Irons tried so hard and worked his butt off in the offseason.

Is it a bad sign? Nope ... is it a good sign, well, it's like if a stranger walked up and gave you a 5-dollar bill ... yeah, it's better than nothing, but it's not really going to change your evening that much.

mybills
04-05-2005, 07:20 AM
That was a violation of the JP is Perfect Code. :chuk:

:;
nobody's perfect! :evil:

im4bflo
04-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Didn't Robo show the same thing? :tired:

:no:

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-05-2005, 09:10 PM
You gotta love Losman's ethic and determination.

It looks like he is not one of those guys that heals quickly, so we really need to hope he doesn't get injured. Otherwise Holcomb will be getting alot of play time while JP heals.

Considering Holcomb has more experience that might not neccesairly be a bad thing: :idunno:

justasportsfan
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
:no: OH yes he did! He worked out even in the hotel room he was living in during season.The cleaning ladies said that his bed was never touched. He slept on the carpet.

Don't you ever question his work ethic again.

im4bflo
04-05-2005, 09:21 PM
OH yes he did! He worked out even in the hotel room he was living in during season.The cleaning ladies said that his bed was never touched. He slept on the carpet.

If Robo is Rob Johnson, he was a gym rat, but he wasn't in Buffalo as soon as JP was, the carpet thing...:idunno:

Don't you ever question his work ethic again.
I could care less about a nonBILL :gobills:

justasportsfan
04-06-2005, 07:47 AM
If Robo is Rob Johnson, he was a gym rat, but he wasn't in Buffalo as soon as JP was, the carpet thing...:idunno:

I could care less about a nonBILL :gobills:couldn't read between the lines?

Carpet.....field turf.....sack?

TigerJ
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM

It's the best they can do. They have their correspondents crawl backwards to bring news back from Orchard Park.