Don Cherry
12-09-2002, 11:19 PM
Winners club

Don Cherry
12-09-2002, 11:20 PM
Weenies club

Don Cherry
12-09-2002, 11:29 PM
The biggest upset of the week belongs to the Cable Guys. After getting pummeled for weeks on end, the Cable Guys whupped up on the 3rd place Rochester Wildcats.

Miro Satan was the NHL player of the week with the Hat Trick vs the Rangers, finishing with 4 G/3A . Also chipping in were Mike Peca's 2 G/3A and Geof Sanderson with 2G/2A, with one being shorthanded. Biron tossed in 3 wins and a shutout.

Robert Lang's 2G/3A was the only player of note for the wildcats.

Don Cherry
12-09-2002, 11:36 PM
Sabre Ally finally gets some good news after a dismal start to her fantasy year. With the widest margin of victory for the week, Clump was clobbered. 3 of Ally's 5 goalies contributed 4 wins in a lean sweep of the goaltending stats.

She also got 3 goals from Anson Carter. Clump shoulda stayed in bed. After Pavel Bure's hot week (3g/1a) he tore up his knee and is gone for the year. He picked up Chris Phillips to replace the fallen Bure, and he was immediatly rammed into the boards in the Carolina Game.

Don Cherry
12-09-2002, 11:42 PM
The Kind Sharks won out vs the Zamboni Kings in a game much closer than the score indicates.

In a low scoring affair, Temu Selanne had 3 of the 8 goals for the Sharks. The assists were spred evenly throughout the Shark lineup. Scott Melanby's 3 G/2A paced the Kings.

The Kings just could not generate enough Goalie starts to garner much of the goaltending stats.

Don Cherry
12-09-2002, 11:48 PM
The East Bay sharks finally got a decisive win this week over the struggling Tup0 Slashers. The EBS received a lot of help from a cast of no-names, as MissBuffalo continues to show an excellent eye for talent in the scouting department.

Todd white (4A)Brad isbister (2 G/5a), and Peter Bondra(3g/2a) all had solid efforts. Typ0 received a strong effort from Jamir Jagr(3g/1a)

Both sides received strong goaltending for the week. Chris Osgood seems to have settled in for the EBS after a disasterous start.

Don Cherry
12-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Blame Canada scored a big victory over the vacationing Peace Bridge Bombers. The oiled down, yet well tanned PBB squad got some help from Vinny Damphousse(2g/3a), Brad Richards(1g/4a) and Pavol Demetria (1g/3a).

It seemed that Blame canada got 1 g 1 assist from every player on their roster. The leagues top goaltending tandem of Turco & Brodeur combined to sweep 4 of 5 goalie stats for CasDhf.

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 12:04 AM
The Puckheads were the latest victims of the 2nd place Atomics. The Atomics continued their success despite an unusually poor offensive week. Ed Jovanovski's Brawl, and Patrick Marleau's SH goal were key in winning some points. Goaltending was also huge for the Atomics, withTommy Salo's shutout Sunday a big reason for sweeping the goaltending stats.

Jason Arnott's hat trick for Dallas led the Puckheads. I'm proud of ya, Biron'sgirl! You went from 10 PIMs 2 weeks ago to 16, and then you doubled it again to 32. While you lost this category for the week, your team's toughness and PIM situation got a whole lot better withthe aquisition of Matt Johnson, Min. Doesn't it feel good just haulin' off and punchin' the other team's goon right in the pie hole? :spanku:

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 12:13 AM
The first place $ths other Biitches had their toughest game yet, barely escaping with a narrow 7-5 victory over the Rochester Sabres.

Defenseman Andy Dellmore 's 2 g/2a powered the slim victory. On the other side of the ice, Glen Murray, Ollie Jokinen, and the hot Eric Cole all notched 3 goals for the Sabres. Jocylen Thiebault's 5th shutout of the year tipped the scales in goaltending (and the game) in favor of the Biitches.

the Biitches were also victims of the injury bug, losing Adam Foote and Dave Andreychuck to IR. Will their good fortune take a turn south?

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 12:31 AM
The Dozerdogs blew away the league with 20 goals this week. Ilya Kovelchuk led the way with 5g/1a and added 11 minutes when he was involved with a fight with Edmonton's Mike Comrie. Marion Gaborik added the hat trick vs Vancouver, and Eric Lindross notched 3 more. 3 othe rplayers chipped in 2 goals each.

Joe Thornton led the bbors club with 1g/3a. The Ducks' Jean Sebastian Guigere notched 2 wins including a shutout as the bbors salvaged 3 goalie wins. Mats Sundin added 2 GWGs.

The Dozerdog lineuplost high powered scorer John LeClair for 3 months with a severe shoulder seperation. To compensate, the DDogs pulled the trigger with Blame Canada on a deal that sent Alexi Morozov in exchange for Paul Kariya.

Blame Canada gets Morozov, the 29th player ranked (at the time of the trade). DDogs get Kariya, the 102nd player. Morozov's ranking is skewed a bit due to his hot start. At the time of the draft, he was the #2 ranked player. This past month, he was ranked 150th. Why the drop off? The return of Martin Straka has robbed Morozov of Mario Ice time (He's been demoted at times to line #2 for Pittsburgh). Meanwhile, Kariya's ice time has remained steady at about 2025 minutes a game as Anaheim's primary weapon. . And the return of injured Adam Oates has helped Kariya's opportunities on the powerplay.

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 12:43 AM
Folks-

Keep your eyes peeled for some bargains available on the waiver wire. Players coming of injuries can be had at bargan prices.

Jason Allison, Bobby Holik, and Mike Dunham (g) were recent pick ups off the waiver wire after teams letthem go due to injury. All 3 will be productive pick ups.

Injured Guys to watch- Mike Leclerc- Anh, Lubomir Visnovsky, D LA,

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 12:48 AM
Another helpful hint-

When looking to pick up players, don't get suckred in to a respectable rank of a player when you sort by "Season stats". Right now, the top available (and healthy) players sorted by YTD stats are

Ron Petrovicky (rank 247)
Igor Larianov (rank 259)
Jody Shelly (rank 261)
Turner Stevenson (264)

But if you sort by last month instead of season, you get a completely different picture.

Ron Petrovicky (rank 140- a jump of 107!)
Sean Avery- (rank 152)
Donald Audette (rank 153)
Dave Legwand (rank 155)

These were players benched early on, or replaced /got increased ice time to another player's injury, ect....

It also gives you a great perspective of players who ar eon teams turning htings around after a slow start. Mike Sillinger of the Bluejackets comes to mind.

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 12:57 AM
Trades for the week-

Sabre Ally dealt Havelid, Niclas (D-Anh), Nagy, Ladislav (LW, C-Pho) to Blame Canada for Modry, Jaroslav (D-LA) Ohlund, Mattias (D-Van).

Dozerdogs sent Kariya, Paul (LW-Anh) to Blame Canada for Morozov, Aleksey (RW, LW-Pit).

clumping platelets
12-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Are trades reviewable by other owners?

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 01:35 AM
Not until it is consumated. If Dozerdogs proposes a trade to Zambini Kings, the rest of the league can't see it until it is accepted. Then there is a ridiculous 3-4 day waiting period for any owners to object the trade. If enough owners dont like the trade (say, Lemieux for Taylor Pyatt) they can protest it.

Or, the comissioner (Sabre Ally in league 2, Cas in League 1) can push it through immediatly. Hopefully they will halt any lopsided/unfair trades if that occurs s well.

Don Cherry
12-10-2002, 01:36 AM
If you want to generate interest, post your trade proposals out in the open here!

Could entice bidding wars for good players...

northernbillfan
12-10-2002, 01:42 AM
Life was justy too hectic this week to remeber to have line ups. And I still haven't recovered from the dismal week I had a couple of weeks ago.

Time to make some transactions, as Roy isn't doing what he should or could do!

I need scorers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clumping platelets
12-10-2002, 04:09 AM
I'm open to offers for Sakic.......but the offers better be good!

I need a top LW and D

northernbillfan
12-10-2002, 04:12 AM
Clump, I'll get back to you on that.

clumping platelets
12-10-2002, 04:20 AM
Y'all: If you would like to deal, please PM me. That way I can play bids against each other and make out like a bandit :evil:

clumping platelets
12-10-2002, 09:35 AM
I could be interested in Roy

Earthquake Enyart
12-10-2002, 09:37 AM
The Peace Bridge Bombers are open for a clearing house. I need C, LW, RW, D, and a goalie.

mchurchfie
12-12-2002, 09:38 PM
I haven't even checked my team in about three weeks and I am in second place...go figure:D Also....:D I haven't made any trades at all since I started...just call me Darcy Jr:D :bigwave:

mchurchfie
12-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I'm open to offers for Sakic.......but the offers better be good!

I need a top LW and D

I will trade you a $10 book of food stamps, one case of Spam, two cans of Colt45 in brown paper bags, a Lindy Ruff card, and Boulton straight up;) :D :bigwave:

4thAndLong
12-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
I haven't even checked my team in about three weeks and I am in second place...go figure:D Also....:D I haven't made any trades at all since I started...just call me Darcy Jr:D :bigwave:

Who's in first anyways....? :D

BillC
12-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Who's in last, anyways???

I just picked up Mike Dunham off the garbage heap the other day and presto!!! He's on the Rangers.

The Rangers are banged up, but they can still score. They need someone to replace Swiss Cheese Blackburn...

I hope this guy gets 10 straight starts and at least 5 wins....

4thAndLong
12-12-2002, 10:15 PM
Your the Cable Guys?

mchurchfie
12-12-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong

Who's in first anyways....? :D

Let me guess...you haven't checked yours in four weeks:rolleyes: :bigwave: :biggrin:

clumping platelets
12-13-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

I will trade you a $10 book of food stamps, one case of Spam, two cans of Colt45 in brown paper bags, a Lindy Ruff card, and Boulton straight up;) :D :bigwave:

:1: