PDA

View Full Version : Will Donahoe and Green compromise?

G. Host
04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
If Green will not agree to swap 2nd round picks, do you think he'd be willing to swap 2nds and swap our 3rd for his 4th? This way it is a mutual swap and he saves some face saying he gets an extra day 1 pick.

I can see Denny holding pick until June 1 or later before cutting him just to basically say I did not need to trade.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Green has no other trading partner, and Shelton is too expensive to be just a backup. If Green can't trade him, which he isn't with us with those demands, he'll HAVE to cut him.

TD knows that. That's why he's holding strong.

HurryUpTom
04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Green and TD have made it difficult for either one to cave. I only see this trade happening as a player for pick from either team (i.e. Cards get Henry for a 2nd, we get Shelton for a 2nd).

I don't think Shelton will be cut if a trade can't be worked out ... he was their starting RT pretty much until injury last season and cutting him saves 'Zona less cap room than we would save by cutting Henry.

Also, there were rumours that the Bears were interested in Shelton, what happened to those discussions?

mysticsoto
04-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Green and TD have made it difficult for either one to cave. I only see this trade happening as a player for pick from either team (i.e. Cards get Henry for a 2nd, we get Shelton for a 2nd).

I don't think Shelton will be cut if a trade can't be worked out ... he was their starting RT pretty much until injury last season and cutting him saves 'Zona less cap room than we would save by cutting Henry.

Also, there were rumours that the Bears were interested in Shelton, what happened to those discussions?

I'm starting to think that this trade is not going to happen. I know everybody seems to be hoping and waiting, but unless we get that 2nd rd swap pick, TD is not going to do it. Here's why I think it won't get done:

With the acquiring of Anderson for LG, and the ability to move Tucker to Center, TT is the odd man out. If we don't have the LT position to move TT to, he will sit on the bench. The Bills FO is too high on TT for him to sit. And they don't seem to be too high at all on Shelton or they would aggresively pursue him more. Unless Green does the 2nd round swap, in which then the Bills gain an advantage that makes the trade worth it, don't expect this trade to happen. Baas is a top lineman worth grabbing if available, but short of him being available, Anttaj Hawthorne, Matt Jones or the top CB available will probably be the 1st choice we grab. We'll probably grab best available player in the 3rd rd. and then I can see us grabbing a Center in the 4th. From there on, we are grabbing for depth at S, LB, etc.

generalmills
04-05-2005, 08:04 AM
I think they are just playing a game of: "my clipboard is bigger than yours" and both of them know it. Henry also knows that its just a test of will between Green and TD...thats why I think he is so frustrated and decided to take his comments public. Henry has split from the team and is getting just about the same amount of information from the bills as we are (and all the crap his agent :negrep: is feeding him). Therefore he assumes that the bills are just letting him sit and that a deal is not even close. I think the deal will get done..its only a matter of time. :pray:

Dozerdog
04-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Why would we want to give up Henry and trade down ? bad move.

Tatonka
04-05-2005, 08:19 AM
trey teague would not be the odd man out.. if we get shelton.. he is the starting center and there is no way that they would remove him and put in tucker unless teague was playing somewhere else.

The Spaz
04-05-2005, 08:22 AM
trey teague would not be the odd man out.. if we get shelton.. he is the starting center and there is no way that they would remove him and put in tucker unless teague was playing somewhere else.

Exactly!:up:

Novacane
04-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Green has no other trading partner.

either does TD

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2005, 09:09 AM
either does TD
Nor does he need one. Henry can sit with his low salary all he wants.

mysticsoto
04-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Then our line won't be as strong. Tucker is a better center for running up the middle. If you are going to have a strong interior line to allow WM to run up the middle, TT, will just not cut it. He will be fine for pass blocking and pulling on certain calls, but he is not going to push a DT out of the way for WM to run. No way, now how. That's not his strength. I like Teague, but I also recognize what he's good at and what he's not. Our right side will continue to be strong to run against with Chris/Mike but we will still not be able to run up the middle much with Teague there.

BuffaloRanger
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Exactly. TT is a FA after this season. He may not be resigned. Tucker would be a stop gap measure. A center could be selected in the draft to take over for TT even if we get Shelton.

Speaking of Shelton...Both GMs have publicly drawn lines in the sand (Kinda like the NHL strike) so why not trade the players and exchange 3rd round picks? Of course having the 44th pick would be better. But this waythe deal gets done both GMs save face. Green can say he didn't give up the 44th pick, TD can say he got more than just Shelton for Henry.

ShadowHawk7
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
I was going to suggest that as well, swap 3RD round picks instead.

gr8slayer
04-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I have faith that Donahoe will get this done, he has not let us down in the past and I doubt he will now.

BuffaloRanger
04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
So if TD doesn't get it done is it a failure? Has he let us down?

Or will it be "a wise move of not giving Henry up for less than he's worth."

Please go on record all you TD luvers.

jamze132
04-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, what did the Bills do when Jennings was injured and unable to play? I really don't see the need to move Teague to LT. Let him play center where he has played decent. He does have the backing of the FO on his center play. Everyone is making this out to be worse than what it really is. Even Jennings got beat one on one. It happens to every lineman in the NFL. I clearly remember Shobel making Pace look silly a couple of times lat year. I think we will be fine with or without Shelton.

HurryUpTom
04-05-2005, 06:07 PM
When Jennings was injured, we put in Price. He doesn't play for us anymore.