• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    • Mar 2005

Arizona drops additional demands for Shelton

According to a roundup article in the Washington Post:

The Arizona Cardinals say they've dropped their request for additional compensation in a proposed trade that would send offensive tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo for Bills tailback Travis Henry.

Tom Donahoe, the Bills' president and general manager, said recently one of the things holding up the deal was the Cardinals' demand that the Bills part with more than Henry. Henry requested a trade after losing the Bills' starting tailback job last season to Willis McGahee. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2005Apr5.html

Hopefully this might be enough for TD to pull the trigger.

First post by the way - love the forum!

gil
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

cool, let's hope it gets done sometime before the season.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

I wonder if, as in my prior thread, Rod Graves finally decided to go for the trade before someone else makes a better offer for Henry.

Come on TD....get er done then you can use your draft picks on anything you please....

Oh, wait....we still need a backup running back.....hmmmm

Well let's grab Ron Dayne cheap and then TD can do what he wants in the draft!

For finding some good info!
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
        I wonder if, as in my prior thread, Rod Graves finally decided to go for the trade before someone else makes a better offer for Henry.

Come on TD....get er done then you can use your draft picks on anything you please....

Oh, wait....we still need a backup running back.....hmmmm

Well let's grab Ron Dayne cheap and then TD can do what he wants in the draft!

For finding some good info!
        Ron Dayne is a Bronco so that is out of the question.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

anthony thomas would be a great back up.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Has everyone just forgotten that we do have Shaud Williams on our roster?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

A-Train
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                • May 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Has everyone just forgotten that we do have Shaud Williams on our roster?
                How does Shaud Williams provide you with a viable every down alternative if Willis should go down?

I don't care about his size, it's more about his field vision and his rushing skill. He is nothing better than a 3rd stringer at best.

No way we go into the season with Williams as our #2. It just won't happen.
                "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                --Leo Durocher

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

How does Shaud Williams provide you with a viable every down alternative if Willis should go down?

I don't care about his size, it's more about his field vision and his rushing skill. He is nothing better than a 3rd stringer at best.

And you base this on what? The 25 attempts he had last season.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gilbert23b
                    According to a roundup article in the Washington Post:

The Arizona Cardinals say they've dropped their request for additional compensation in a proposed trade that would send offensive tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo for Bills tailback Travis Henry.

Tom Donahoe, the Bills' president and general manager, said recently one of the things holding up the deal was the Cardinals' demand that the Bills part with more than Henry. Henry requested a trade after losing the Bills' starting tailback job last season to Willis McGahee. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2005Apr5.html

Hopefully this might be enough for TD to pull the trigger.

First post by the way - love the forum!

gil
                    would be interesting...the Bills could do this financially but trading Henry, redoing Mike Williams bonus and probably restructuring a contract.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

Wouldn't it be funny if Green trades for Henry and drafts Benson.

Comment

• ryjam282
                        Offical Billszone Starting QB
                        • Mar 2003

Welcome Gilbert. Good first post.

Hey Ghost, that would be classic if that happened....Henry would get yet another "slap in the face"

Ryan Withey
                        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

It would be freaking hilarious!!!

Travis Henry

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            And you base this on what? The 25 attempts he had last season.
                            Hear...hear. Who is to say what Shaud Williams is capable of...the mentality of alot of people on this board seem to think that if you haven't started, you are not capable. First, it was a mistake to lose PW b'cse Edwards and Anderson are not ready. Now things have switched, and it's Shaun who's not capable. With this mentality, PW would never have become the force he became - yes, once upon a time, he was a backup on our team.

We haven't truly seen what Shaud Williams is capable of. The little that we saw during preseason last year showed he had great bursts of speed and pretty decent field of vision to find the holes. There's nothing that happened then, that I can remember, that says he's not capable of assuming or sharing a role temporarily with maybe Burns, if WM went down for some reason.

Also, TD signed Dante Brown from the PS. To sign him this early must mean that they think very highly of him - and in a draft that is full of RB, that speaks very highly of him...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

I agree

Comment

Working...
                              X