• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

face it people- Clements is gone after this season

I think he's a great player (except for that one damn play against Jacksonville) and I'd love to keep him. But there's no way in hell that we're going to have the cap space to keep him- just look what good CB's are getting on the FA market these days, and he'll be the best one available. Maybe we'll franchise him so we get compensation, but I just don't see TD shelling out for him.

Eventually JP, Willis and Evans will command big paydays, and the Bills brass better keep that in mind with their future cap plans so we don't end up like the Titans or the Redskins.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Completely agree, he's a good player but he'll be gone, Look for us to possibly franchise and deal him similar to Price.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Patti120
      • Aug 2004

Hopefully we either draft or trade for someone who can adequately fill his shoes....

Comment

• AndreReed83
        Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
        • Mar 2004

Well, we'd better have a deal or plan in place to replace him with another top 5 player CB. Nate is a franchise player and all.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
        "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Completely agree, he's a good player but he'll be gone, Look for us to possibly franchise and deal him similar to Price.
          Bellichick has proven time and again, you can win sb's even w/ cheap/young players as long as your coaches put them in a position to make plays. Take Troy Brown for example. Who would've thought that he can play cb? He wasn't great but BB did use him well.

Looks to me that Mularkey is doing the same thing by experementing w/ players by putting them at different positions. Matt Jones would be a player that BB and Mularkey would be attracted to. Don't know if they think he's worth a second pick though.

While some people thought Dillon was damaged goods, BB brought out the best him yet. Football is all about the coaching staff now and not about high priced/profile players. Greghead proved that and so did the Pats. Mularkeys proven that too by being one of the very few rookie HC's to have a winning season. Although there was nothing that Wyche could do w/ Drew, I think he'll have better success w/ JP. McNally? Gray has proven his worth and so has Krumrie. Let's not forget April.

As far as our OC, we'll we know he knows how to run the ball. As far as his passing game, we'll shall soon find out now that Drews gone.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

I think that Clements will stay. TD ponies up the cash when he sees something that deserves it. He did for TKO, Lawyer, and Schobel. I think he will do all he can to make sure Clements does stay.

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• kevinj22
              • Feb 2005

I think that TD will do all that he can to re-sign Clemments. If we are unable to then I agree that we will be OK. Corners come and go constantly, sort of like kickers, so there will be a quality corner out there that will come cheaper than Nate. In saying that I really do hope that we sign him.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Agreed. The cap space is there, it just needs to be made. (As been repeated on here hundrends of times, the bonuses thing)

Clements is a player we can not afford to lose. Our D is already aging (Adams, Lawyer, Vincent, Fletcher getting up there), and we need to keep some stability back there. Remember, the Pats probably dont win their first and 2nd superbowl without Ty Law.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Two words: franchise tag

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

I think a place to look for room is MW. Having a $9M RT on a righty QB team is insane. He either needs to take a huge pay cut or get traded. That would free up the cash needed to keep Clements.

Comment

• Rhettoric
                      • Mar 2005

If we can get him to sign an extension this summer I think he is gone, franchise tag or not. Either way I hope we draft a new CB sometime during the first day.
                      "Is his junk out?....Now it's a party."

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

If that is the case TD should try to trade him right now.

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          If that is the case TD should try to trade him right now.
                          Keep in mind that Moulds will have a fairly big salary next year along with TF having to pony up for Clements. We will see some sort of change.
                          Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12
                            Keep in mind that Moulds will have a fairly big salary next year along with TF having to pony up for Clements. We will see some sort of change.
                            Well, I think it is obvious that Moulds won't be on the field next year with the kind of # he currently has. There will be another restructure to get him into a realistic salary range.

I like Clements alot....but let's see how he performs this year. If he continues his solid play, he will be worth top 5 CB cash....but if he slips this year....maybe a much smaller deal. The NFL is all about "what have you done for me lately".....so let's wait and see.
                            If he has a great year...we will no doubt tag him...and will look to trade him for something. Thomas and Greer will be ready to step in by next year if necessary....and there is always quality nickel back depth available via draft of free agency.
                            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                              I think that Clements will stay. TD ponies up the cash when he sees something that deserves it. He did for TKO, Lawyer, and Schobel. I think he will do all he can to make sure Clements does stay.
                              Great post. i couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                              X