PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else concerned...

Patti120
04-05-2005, 09:24 PM
...about the loss of Pat Williams. I understand the reasoning behind not signing him (age and $$) but I can't help but thinking about NFL total access during the pro-bowl and the look on Sam Adam's and TKO's faces when they were saying that TD NEEDED to get PW signed. I'm hopefully just overanalyzing but when other players are saying this type of thing it makes you kind of wonder about the backups, the guys they've practiced with and been in the trenches with. That interview has basically just made me think that Edwards and Anderson could be a substantial drop off on the D-line.

Looks like we'll find out what Adams, Denney, Kelsay, Schobel and even the linebackers, mainly Fletcher are made of.....

Thoughts...

Well, here's to hoping that Mcnally can get Shelton turned around (assuming this even happens).

BAM
04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
You forgot:

Patti.

This does worry me a bit. I believe there are plenty more playmakers on our D to make up for the loss though. I hope I'm right. :pray:

AndreReed83
04-05-2005, 09:32 PM
I think we'll be fine. Pat was great. But he just wasn't worth the money he got (many peopel speculate that Red McCombs is just spending his money with such disregard because he expects to not own the team soon). Again, we'll be fine. We have enough talent on defense to continue to be a top five D.

kevinj22
04-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Those guys are professional enough to know that this is a buisness and that these things happen. It happened to both of them before, you don't think that there were players from their old teams that said "we've got to sign TKO/Sam". We will be fine, this defense is too GOOD to let the loss of one player stop it.

Tatonka
04-06-2005, 12:12 AM
i have zero worries.. edwards and anderson will be great.

Sportsuser101
04-06-2005, 12:14 AM
If last year was any indication on how Edwards is going to play I am very excited about Edwards replacing Williams and I think he'll play better then Pat did last year.

Devin
04-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Edwards wont top PW, but he will be an adequate replacement for now. We will be fine.

OpIv37
04-06-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm concerned but the coaches seem to have a lot of faith in Anderson and Edwards, so I'm trusting their judgement.

BuffaloRanger
04-06-2005, 09:40 AM
I hope they have faith in Anderson because if Edwards has a big season his FA ass will sign with another team.

Rhettoric
04-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm concerned but the coaches seem to have a lot of faith in Anderson and Edwards, so I'm trusting their judgement.
Exactly...If Tim Krumrie has faith in Anderson's abilities, then I have no doubts!

Voltron
04-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I am excited to see if Anderson was worth the pick. I agree that if Tim Krumrie was impressed with him then who am I to question whether he can take over for PW. Also lets not discount that we still have Sam Adams who is coming off a Pro Bowl year! :up:

justasportsfan
04-06-2005, 11:18 AM
In what rd. would Anderson be ranked in this years draft? :idunno:

ShadowHawk7
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
i have zero worries.. edwards and anderson will be great.
I hope your right. I hope we pick a DT day one though. Sam Adams has maybe 2 more good/great seasons at best, and we don't know if Anderson/Edwards will be able to handle even one spot, much less two.

Mahdi
04-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I dont have any worries about our DT situation either. If we look at last year's stats;

Sam Adams 54 tackles, 5 sacks
Ron Edwards 30 tackles 4 sacks
Pat Williams 69 tackles 2.5 sacks

Being the starter there's no reason why Edwards cant match Williams production last year or at least get close.

Buckets
04-06-2005, 12:27 PM
...about the loss of Pat Williams. I understand the reasoning behind not signing him (age and $$) but I can't help but thinking about NFL total access during the pro-bowl and the look on Sam Adam's and TKO's faces when they were saying that TD NEEDED to get PW signed. I'm hopefully just overanalyzing but when other players are saying this type of thing it makes you kind of wonder about the backups, the guys they've practiced with and been in the trenches with. That interview has basically just made me think that Edwards and Anderson could be a substantial drop off on the D-line.

Looks like we'll find out what Adams, Denney, Kelsay, Schobel and even the linebackers, mainly Fletcher are made of.....

Thoughts...

Well, here's to hoping that Mcnally can get Shelton turned around (assuming this even happens).

No worries

jamze132
04-06-2005, 02:06 PM
I think we are just fine on the D Line.

feelthepain
04-06-2005, 02:25 PM
He took up a lot of space in the middle,add his talent to his size and you have a big hole to fill...so to speak!

HAMMER
04-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Ya'll are on crack if you think there will be no impact on our defense. There will be unless someone else can play up to his level, that is not likely. Pat Williams was priority number 1 in my book for this offseason, even ahead of O-Line. Having two big bodies to soak up blockers is what keeps Fletcher and Spikes free to make tackles. He will be missed sorely unless Anderson and Edwards can match his skills.

ShadowHawk7
04-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I dont have any worries about our DT situation either. If we look at last year's stats;

Sam Adams 54 tackles, 5 sacks
Ron Edwards 30 tackles 4 sacks
Pat Williams 69 tackles 2.5 sacks

Being the starter there's no reason why Edwards cant match Williams production last year or at least get close.
Good comparison, how is Edwards on run blocking and stuffing gaps? Those were Pat's strengths.

Mahdi
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Good comparison, how is Edwards on run blocking and stuffing gaps? Those were Pat's strengths.
Well the way I see it....30 tackles with limited playing time for a DT is pretty good...he must have been quite active in run stoping.