X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFanInTampa
    • Apr 2005

Gates Open?

What about signing Gates from the Chargers? Is this a possiblity? I seen he isnt getting offers from the Chargers, and the Bills could use a TE. Any comments or does this sound stupid?
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsFanInTampa
    What about signing Gates from the Chargers? Is this a possiblity? I seen he isnt getting offers from the Chargers, and the Bills could use a TE. Any comments or does this sound stupid?
    He will want a boatload of $$$. Isn't he still under contract for another year? I would rather take my chances with Matt Jones if you want to go that route.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• BillsFanInTampa
      • Apr 2005

I seen on KFFL.com that the chargers havnt approached him with any type of contract extensions. I believe they said he was a free agent. May be wrong though.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

he is still under contract.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

There's absolutely no way he's a FA. If anything, he's a Exclusive Rights FA.

If there were any hope of signing him away from the Chargers, 30 teams would be banging down his agent's door.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Samphin1
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
            he is still under contract.
            Very much under contract. He wants a new one based on what he did last year. Chargers are holding off to make sure it wasn't a fluke I suppose. They will get it done sooner or later though.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

We have a better chance of landing Tony Gonzalez. There is no way in hell Gates will be a Bill. But can you imagine if he was?

ScArY

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                • Dec 2004

Gates is a WR playing tight end. It's like lining Moulds up on the line and calling him a TE. Gates will come back to earth next season.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

It could create an interesting dilemma for the chargers if he's a FA next year. Only one franchise tag and Gates and Brees will be free agents providing they want to keep Brees.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Slim
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
                    Gates is a WR playing tight end. It's like lining Moulds up on the line and calling him a TE. Gates will come back to earth next season.
                    Lining moulds up at TE? no Gates is a Freak he's 2 inches taller than moulds and 50lbs heavier. He still has speed and great hands and is an above average blocker. He will have another amazing year no matter where he plays, hes an extremely gifted athelete.

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by slimschmittie
                      Lining moulds up at TE? no Gates is a Freak he's 2 inches taller than moulds and 50lbs heavier. He still has speed and great hands and is an above average blocker. He will have another amazing year no matter where he plays, hes an extremely gifted athelete.
                      my thoughts too. Any chance we can get David Boston and move him to TE? Now that's an interesting project.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Exclusive Rights FA.

Comment

Working...
                        X