PDA

View Full Version : Gates Open?

BillsFanInTampa
04-06-2005, 09:50 AM
What about signing Gates from the Chargers? Is this a possiblity? I seen he isnt getting offers from the Chargers, and the Bills could use a TE. Any comments or does this sound stupid?

Bulldog
04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
What about signing Gates from the Chargers? Is this a possiblity? I seen he isnt getting offers from the Chargers, and the Bills could use a TE. Any comments or does this sound stupid?

He will want a boatload of $$$. Isn't he still under contract for another year? I would rather take my chances with Matt Jones if you want to go that route.

BillsFanInTampa
04-06-2005, 10:00 AM
I seen on KFFL.com that the chargers havnt approached him with any type of contract extensions. I believe they said he was a free agent. May be wrong though.

Tatonka
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
he is still under contract.

Dicknoze69
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
There's absolutely no way he's a FA. If anything, he's a Exclusive Rights FA.

If there were any hope of signing him away from the Chargers, 30 teams would be banging down his agent's door.

Samphin1
04-06-2005, 10:20 AM
he is still under contract.

Very much under contract. He wants a new one based on what he did last year. Chargers are holding off to make sure it wasn't a fluke I suppose. They will get it done sooner or later though.

gr8slayer
04-06-2005, 10:44 AM
We have a better chance of landing Tony Gonzalez. There is no way in hell Gates will be a Bill. But can you imagine if he was?

ScArY

TheBrownBear
04-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Gates is a WR playing tight end. It's like lining Moulds up on the line and calling him a TE. Gates will come back to earth next season.

lordofgun
04-06-2005, 01:53 PM
It could create an interesting dilemma for the chargers if he's a FA next year. Only one franchise tag and Gates and Brees will be free agents providing they want to keep Brees.

Slim
04-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Gates is a WR playing tight end. It's like lining Moulds up on the line and calling him a TE. Gates will come back to earth next season.

Lining moulds up at TE? no Gates is a Freak he's 2 inches taller than moulds and 50lbs heavier. He still has speed and great hands and is an above average blocker. He will have another amazing year no matter where he plays, hes an extremely gifted athelete.

Kenny
04-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Lining moulds up at TE? no Gates is a Freak he's 2 inches taller than moulds and 50lbs heavier. He still has speed and great hands and is an above average blocker. He will have another amazing year no matter where he plays, hes an extremely gifted athelete.
my thoughts too. Any chance we can get David Boston and move him to TE? Now that's an interesting project.

Canadian'eh!
04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Exclusive Rights FA.