PDA

View Full Version : If the Shelton-for-Henry deal goes through....

OpIv37
04-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I will rescind all my pessimistic comments about the prospects for 2005. We will have an above-average O line and McGahee will be starting for a full season. Losman's ability is still a question mark, but the rest of the team should be good enough to keep the pressure off of him. The loss of Williams hurts a little, but the coaches seem to be high on Edwards and Anderson so I will have to trust their judgement. Plus, a run-oriented offense that can keep the D off the field will be a huge improvement over last year.

If Losman can play at the level Bledsoe played at in '04, I predict we'll be in the running for a wild card spot.

EDS
04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Too late, the train has left the station.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-06-2005, 01:07 PM
You have finally seen the light!!!

I agree that the Shelton deal is a big turning point for this offseason.

Not that he is a all pro, but I think he at least allows us to maintain the status quo.

Now my main concern is backup running back. I am not that worried about it, but I can't wait to see how the young guys pan out in training camp.

I guess for now I will place my bets on Dante Brown.

I don't know about Lindell....I am not real high or low on him at this point...but I don't count on him winning games for us.

OpIv37
04-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Lindell still sucks but hopefully our O will be good enough to compensate.

Shelton would pretty much replace Jennings, plus Anderson is an upgrade and we added Gandy for depth- that's a good o-line right there.

Backup running back could be an issue- unless someone steps it up in camp, I think Joe Burns and Shaud Williams will do the RB by committee thing to back up McGahee.

Spielmanrules54
04-06-2005, 01:15 PM
You have finally seen the light!!!

I agree that the Shelton deal is a big turning point for this offseason.

Not that he is a all pro, but I think he at least allows us to maintain the status quo.

Now my main concern is backup running back. I am not that worried about it, but I can't wait to see how the young guys pan out in training camp.

I guess for now I will place my bets on Dante Brown.

I don't know about Lindell....I am not real high or low on him at this point...but I don't count on him winning games for us.
I think that once we get the trade done and the draft gets done we can get like an Anthony Thomas for cheap.... plus like you said, the young guys could be good... watch for Shaud Williams to improve... he looked dynamite last year in the pre-season, and had nice flashes during the regular season as well.

jamze132
04-06-2005, 02:05 PM
***** Lindel! GOSH!

ParanoidAndroid
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
I think we'll have a comparable clock eating offense to what Miami had a couple years ago with Williams. Those chumps went 10-6. I think our defense is better than theirs was. The question mark is........you guessed it..........can we kick clutch field goals to win the close ones?