PDA

View Full Version : Time for your Buffalo Bills round by round mock draft

Kerr
04-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Post yours. Here's mine. Tackle would not be a need in the 2nd if we Land Shelton.
It's almost a done deal. We'll land Shelton and move up to 44 in round 2. Guard? We just signed Bennie Anderson. Center? Teague has done decent, but i'd rather see him as a backup at LT to Shelton. We let Tucker handle the role at Center or draft one in the later rounds.

2(44)-TE Alex Smith(Stanford)-In a surprise pick, TD will select this TE from Stanford who can do it all. Block and Catch. TD will do all he can to help out young losman.
3(86)- DT- Luis Castillo(Northwestern)-Run stopping guru. Tough and Intelligent. TD's kind of player. Possible future replacement for Sam Adams.
4(116)-WR-Larry Brackins(Pearl River College)-Big time Sleeper. Needs more development, but has the talent to be a big time player in the Moss-Owens mold. Eric Moulds won't last much longer and it is time to search for a guy to pair up with Evans. Reed is not starting material.
5(147)-C/G-Scott Mruczkowski(Bowling Green)-Intelligent and has good technique. Good awareness and balance.
6(182)-Corner-Lamont Reid(N.C. State)-Corner depth. Has experience returning kicks(might team up with T-Mcgee on KO's). Good jumping ability and strengh. Comes with a mean streak too. He can tackle. He's no deion.
7(213)-T-Daniel Loper(Texas Tech)-Depth at tackle. Great pass blocker, but needs work of run blocking. Good balance and control. Developmental player for the mouse.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Actually one of the problems with Alex Smith is he has trouble catching the ball and I am not so sure Castillo drops to the second round.

mysticsoto
04-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Okay, here's what I think they might do:

2nd (44) - DT - Anttaj Hawthorne - Krumrie likes him alot and he might be able to make an immediate impact. TD will not want to look bad if the Defense falters b'cse of the loss of PW. Sam Adams is getting older also, and his production should begin declining soon. He may need to get more breaks from Edwards/Anderson...and so they would get to play more anyway...

3rd - CB - Brandon Browner - an eventual replacement next year for Clements if we can't work out a deal. Having a CB developing in the background increases TD's bargaining power. Has good speed and athleticism. Good height also. Having time to develop and not needing to start immediately should make him develop well for the position...

4th - C - Jason Brown/Richie Incognito - Unbelievably strong and can eventually be groomed for Teague's replacement.

5th - WR - Larry Brackins - A WR with potential and maybe a future Moulds replacement

6th - ILB - Marcus Lawrence/Boomer Grigsby - Fletcher's eventual replacement?

7th - S - Marviel Underwood / Kerry Rhodes - Good Safety prospects.

Possible undrafted candidates: Erik Pears (OT), Rhys Lloyd (K), Cornelius Wortham (OLB), Adell Duckett (DE), Issac West (WR), Willie Amos (WR)

DraftBoy
04-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Actually one of the problems with Alex Smith is he has trouble catching the ball and I am not so sure Castillo drops to the second round.

Where did you read that? All reports I have read have clearly stated he is just slighty behind Miller in that regard

ShadowHawk7
04-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Okay, here's what I think they might do:

2nd (44) - DT - Anttaj Hawthorne - Krumrie likes him alot and he might be able to make an immediate impact. TD will not want to look bad if the Defense falters b'cse of the loss of PW. Sam Adams is getting older also, and his production should begin declining soon. He may need to get more breaks from Edwards/Anderson...and so they would get to play more anyway...

3rd - CB - Brandon Browner - an eventual replacement next year for Clements if we can't work out a deal. Having a CB developing in the background increases TD's bargaining power. Has good speed and athleticism. Good height also. Having time to develop and not needing to start immediately should make him develop well for the position...

4th - C - Jason Brown/Richie Incognito - Unbelievably strong and can eventually be groomed for Teague's replacement.

5th - WR - Larry Brackins - A WR with potential and maybe a future Moulds replacement

6th - ILB - Marcus Lawrence/Boomer Grigsby - Fletcher's eventual replacement?

7th - S - Marviel Underwood / Kerry Rhodes - Good Safety prospects.

Possible undrafted candidates: Erik Pears (OT), Rhys Lloyd (K), Cornelius Wortham (OLB), Adell Duckett (DE), Issac West (WR), Willie Amos (WR)
Love that mock, completely agree. In either the 6th or 7th I think we need to take a running back, but other than that, you stole my mock draft. :up:

I would not mind at all if we went Utah's way either. I still think our TEs are underrated a bit w/ Campbell and Euhus, and isn't that much of a need.