PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid GW blunder...He thought it was 4th and 2!

lordofgun
12-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Say what?

Coach Gregg Williams elected to kick a field goal on fourth-and-one at the New England 8-yard line while trailing 20-0 because he and his assistants thought they needed two yards to get the first down. ‘’The big thing is, we thought it was a little bit longer than fourth and one, we thought it was fourth and two,’’ Williams said Monday. ‘’That’s the measurement part of it. And we needed some success down there. We’d been down there and come away with nothing. It was still early in the half and we wanted some points on the board so we could keep on coming. We had our chances.’’

Wide receiver Eric Moulds was among the players who was disappointed by Sunday’s call. ‘’As players, we always like to go on fourth and one,’’ he said. ‘’I was pushing for it but he (Williams) made the decision at that point in the game to put points on the board and go from there.’’

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/1210story3_bills.shtml

Earthquake Enyart
12-10-2002, 01:07 PM
I hate this mealy mouthed hillbilly more and more every day.

How in the world can you not know what the down and distance is? Were the other assistants sleeping up in the booth?

I hope Ralph reads that story.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2002, 01:45 PM
at least he didn't punt it.:biggrin:

Rude American
12-10-2002, 03:38 PM
the man is a joke

venis2k1
12-10-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
at least he didn't punt it.:biggrin:

:lol:

Novacane
12-10-2002, 04:02 PM
He should learn to shut his mouth. The more he talks the dumber he makes himself look!

Buffarama
12-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Unreal. The guy should be teaching english or social studies or something. He's not a head coach of a professional football team.
How do you think the players react when they see this guy everyday. It must be killing them. Talk about a lack of confidence.

TacklingDummy
12-10-2002, 04:05 PM
You can thank CBS for putting GWs mug on your T.V. set over 20 during the game last week.

I thought I was watching "Gregg T.V.".

Rebecky
12-10-2002, 05:45 PM
Wonder how the players feel, hearing that the COACH thought it was 4th and 2 . . . .

WG
12-10-2002, 05:48 PM
Sounds like he's losing the respect of the players. At least in part.

Not good!

MissBuffalo
12-10-2002, 05:51 PM
LOL--he and Spurrier need to get together to dry each other's tears. A few weeks ago Steve said he "lost track of the game." How in the world could you be dumb enough to let that happen?? Especially in the NFL.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-11-2002, 04:30 AM
Right now, as far as I know, that was the only arguing reason to keep Williams, "The Players Wont quit playing for him" That respect can only last so long until they see you are imcompetent.

Herdwatcher
12-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
Right now, as far as I know, that was the only arguing reason to keep Williams, "The Players Wont quit playing for him" That respect can only last so long until they see you are imcompetent.

Here are a few thoughts on the subject I had a few weeks back.
From word on the Herd (Billszone)

The talent on the team is once again being wasted; diminishing with poor planning, no guidance and no leadership on the sideline. It's the raw talent that gets hurt the most. There's no one within the coaching staff that can help. The help that does come seems to do more harm than good. From the looks of things on the defense, there are cover guys that still can't look back for the ball, and don't know how to keep their hands off the wide receiver while the ball is in the air. It's like clock work out there. Either the coaches have no clue on how to get a point across, or no one is listening. That could be due to lack of respect for the staff in a couple areas. It's so bad that you can call the penalty before the play even happens. You know, it's all about management. The coaching staff is also a fleet of managers with the 'coach' title.

That is the sad part of the Buffalo Bills story this season. A winning team with horrendous coaching. The only aspect of the team that has changed since last season is that they had been putting up points early on this year. The reason is clearly Drew Bledsoe. Everything mentioned above is a carry over from last year.

That brings me to the top coach. None other than "the man with a thousand excuses." So far all he has done is to try and cover up his blunders. Gregg Williams is no head coach. His interview only made him sound like a leader. Let the truth be known: Williams is a follower. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just that you need leadership qualities to take a team to glory. Williams deserved his shot, and he missed the target. Time to search out yet another unproven? Or does the team need to hire an already proven leader.

JayWood
12-11-2002, 12:22 PM
HEY!!! Buff i teach social studies/History...the last thing we need is some moron like GW coming into the field of education. Teaching is not easy, its alot of fun, but not easy!!!!

Dozerdog
12-11-2002, 12:24 PM
If GW was a teacher, he'd give Final Exams in January.....

Rebecky
12-11-2002, 03:06 PM
"man of a thousand excuses" LOL

mybills
12-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Wide receiver Eric Moulds was among the players who was disappointed by Sunday’s call. ‘’As players, we always like to go on fourth and one,’’ he said. ‘’I was pushing for it but he (Williams) made the decision at that point in the game to put points on the board and go from there.’’

Moulds must have been making the same face he made when Blindsoe threw the ball to Price in 2 man coverage instead of him 5 yrds further up & wide open for another 1st down. Or the same face Henry made when he was wide open on the side. Or Moore, or Reimersma or..... ;)

Ebenezer
12-13-2002, 11:05 AM
GW is digging his own grave!! I wonder how many blunders there will be in the last 3 games!