PDA

View Full Version : another Henry/Shelton rumor...

DMBcrew36
04-07-2005, 06:01 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/coyle.htm

The Bills’ have put runner Travis Henry on the trading blocking after he stated that he will not return to Buffalo after losing his starting job to emerging young runner Willis McGahee last fall. He has been rumored in a trade for the Cardinals’ OT L.J. Shelton that appears to be a natural deal for both clubs, but one that is contingent on the players selected in the top ten in April’s NFL Draft ’05. The deal allows each team to address a major need area without surrendering any of this years selections, though the Bills reportedly want to flip second round picks with the Cardinals to completed the transaction. Arizona’s second round pick is currently the 44th overall, while the Bills who pick 55th overall and they do not have a #1 pick this year as a result of the draft day deal with the Cowboys that gave them current starting QB J.P. Losman. Arizona wants the Henry deal completed in principal, but not announced until the club is on the clock that would allow them to select one of the premier defensive prospects on the board at the 8th overall position. Otherwise, the Cardinals will look to address their running back problem with either Ronnie Brown or Cedric Benson expected to be available. Henry will be an unrestricted free agent next offseason and a player who most likely sees very limited action in Buffalo next fall. Shelton is ready to move on after an inconsistent performance with the Cards and a new start in Buffalo would be ideal for both him and the Bills with his acquisition addressing a major need at left tackle.
I honestly don't know if this is even legit at all. But anyways, according to this, it sounds as though Green wants to wait and see if he can snag one of the top 3 backs before finalizing a trade for Henry.

Dicknoze69
04-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Great Blue North is usually pretty reliable

I'd be awfully nervous if Zona wants to wait until they see who is on the board. I have a sneaking suspicion that Benson will be there at #8.

DMBcrew36
04-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Great Blue North is usually pretty reliable

I'd be awfully nervous if Zona wants to wait until they see who is on the board. I have a sneaking suspicion that Benson will be there at #8.
Lets just go with ESPN on this one and say it's gonna get done within the next few days :nervous:

Mahdi
04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
IMO, I dont think that the Henry trade is contingent on one of the 3 RB's being available. I think it is contingent on Antrel Rolle being avaiable. If he is there at #8 they will take him and trade for Henry. If he is not there, they will take Benson who will most likely still be on the board. If both are gone, they will take the best avaiable defensive player ( Derrick Johnson or Adam Jones) and still trade for Henry.

Essentially I think AZs top three on their draft board are;

1) Antrell Rolle
2) Top 3 back
3) Derrick Johnson/Adam Jones

Dicknoze69
04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
IMO, I dont think that the Henry trade is contingent on one of the 3 RB's being available. I think it is contingent on Antrel Rolle being avaiable. If he is there at #8 they will take him and trade for Henry. If he is not there, they will take Benson who will most likely still be on the board. If both are gone, they will take the best avaiable defensive player ( Derrick Johnson or Adam Jones) and still trade for Henry.

1) Antrell Rolle
2) Top 3 back

Gosh, I hate to say it, but I bet you're right. Besides the Titans, is there anyone else who you think might take Rolle ?

DMBcrew36
04-07-2005, 10:00 PM

1) Antrell Rolle
2) Top 3 back
3) Derrick Johnson/Adam JonesGreat post. That quote I posted makes a lot more sense now. I'm going to be very angry with the team that snags Arizona's guy, indirectly sticking us with Henry. Hopefully 'zona gets their D man!

Sportsuser101
04-08-2005, 01:30 AM
I would AZ would want to wait to make sure Rolle or Jones are there. If not they would probably just take the a RB if 1 of them fell.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-08-2005, 02:27 AM

1) Antrell Rolle
2) Top 3 back
Excellent point. I think you are right on target!

ShadowHawk7
04-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Rolle won't be there at #8, and I'll bet half of my ZBs to it. The 9ners had brought him, along w/ 3 other players, in to visit the facilities. While I don't think he'll go #1 overall, it shows his value. Even teams w/ decent CBs may pick him.

Mahdi
04-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Gosh, I hate to say it, but I bet you're right. Besides the Titans, is there anyone else who you think might take Rolle ?
I dont think anyone else will take Rolle. I think he goes to AZ at #8. IMO, tennessee will go WR, and take Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams

SF) Alex Smith or Rodgers
Miami) Smith, Rodgers, Brown
Cleveland) Smith, Rodgers,Derrick Johnson or anyone else to fit their new 3-4 Defense
Chicago) Mike Williams, Braylon, Top 3 back
TB) WR, RB
Tenn) WR, LB Rolle is of course possible but I think McNair needs some weapons.
Minni) WR or RB
AZ) Rolle, or top 3 back

Jersey1031
04-08-2005, 03:17 PM
rolle will be gone, but one of the 3 backs will be there at 8

ParanoidAndroid
04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Damn it! Why can't anything be simple? :tap: