X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Matt Jones Update

I friggin' love NFL Radio on Siruis satelite radio! Nothing but NFL football all day. They have awesome content all day! For those of you that don't have it....buy it now.
    They interview big names every day. I missed the interview with Matt Jones this morning I think that it was, but I caught a replay tonight on the way home and he was asked something like what teams have spoken to him and the only team that I heard him mention was Buffalo. He said that he had a great talk with Coach Mularkey and Buffalo seemed to be real high on him. He also said that he would love to play in Buffalo as they seem to be on the verge of breakin out.
    The interviewer then asked him as to what position he was going to focus on and he was clear that it was WR.
    On every article that ESPN has about Matt Jones, they quote an anonymous AFC coach that raves about the best player in the draft being Matt Jones....I wonder who that is (I'm being sarcastic).

You watch...if he is there for our first pick, he will be wearing a Bill's uniform this season. He creates such a mismatch. I know that he is unproven at WR but I just have that feeling.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
    I friggin' love NFL Radio on Siruis satelite radio! Nothing but NFL football all day. They have awesome content all day! For those of you that don't have it....buy it now.
    They interview big names every day. I missed the interview with Matt Jones this morning I think that it was, but I caught a replay tonight on the way home and he was asked something like what teams have spoken to him and the only team that I heard him mention was Buffalo. He said that he had a great talk with Coach Mularkey and Buffalo seemed to be real high on him. He also said that he would love to play in Buffalo as they seem to be on the verge of breakin out.
    The interviewer then asked him as to what position he was going to focus on and he was clear that it was WR.
    On every article that ESPN has about Matt Jones, they quote an anonymous AFC coach that raves about the best player in the draft being Matt Jones....I wonder who that is (I'm being sarcastic).

You watch...if he is there for our first pick, he will be wearing a Bill's uniform this season. He creates such a mismatch. I know that he is unproven at WR but I just have that feeling.
    Jees, I thought that this would generate at least one response in the first hour. I thought that it was a little more interesting than the same ole TH crap.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

I just hope we can get the #44 spot. I like Matt Jones, but if Baas was still on the board... i dunno

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

San FranciscoBrandon BrownerCBOregon State
        ClevelandJason CampbellQBAuburn
        Philadelphia (Miami)Roddy WhiteWRAlabama-Birmingham
        Tampa BayDavid BaasOGMichigan
        TennesseeAdam TerryLOTSyracuse
        OaklandOdell ThurmanILBGeorgia
        ChicagoFred GibsonWRGeorgia
        New Orleans (Washington)Demarcus WareOLB/DTroy State
        DetroitBarrett RuudILBNebraska
        DallasBrodney PooleFSOklahoma
        New York GiantsFabian WashingtonCBNebraska
        ArizonaBryant McFaddenCBFlorida State

These are the first picks in the second round up to Arizona's pick at #44. If we swap with Arizona for Henry, There are a few of these teams that could take a stab at Jones before us, namely Philly. God I hate them! These picks came from profootballdraft.com. I don't agree with them, but they show who is picking in what order.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I believe I did say I thought that the anonymous GM was TD. I had a feeling about this kid when I heard them talking abou thim.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
            • Jun 2003

I bet he gets picked in the first.
            www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ZacGriffi~82
              I bet he gets picked in the first.
              Some team just might be ballsy enough to do it! I have the feeling that this is gonna be one wierd draft.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                • Mar 2003

I couldn't handle NFL radio. I love the Bills, but listening to how other teams are improving (especially the many I despise) would piss me off. That's just me. I only care about other teams for Fantasy Football reasons. I refused to watch any playoff games this year, as usual. And only watched the SB because it was a reason to party.

I am a bitter Bills fan. I don't want to get my hopes up for a player in the draft because he'll end up getting selected right before the Bills pick. I would be pissed. Or he'd be available and the Bills would select somebody else. Again pissed.
                Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jerry Ewert
                  • Mar 2003

Matt Jones would be great, but i would really see a OL or DL. I would love to see Baas on the line.
                  jerry

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i would honestly be happy with a number of players..

baas, spencer, terry, mcfadden, crowder, jones..

there are a ton of people that are gonna be there at 55 or 44..
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka

Regardless of who we pick...we will still get a good player that will impact the team. Thank gor there's decent depth in round two!

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                        I couldn't handle NFL radio. I love the Bills, but listening to how other teams are improving (especially the many I despise) would piss me off. That's just me. I only care about other teams for Fantasy Football reasons. I refused to watch any playoff games this year, as usual. And only watched the SB because it was a reason to party.

I am a bitter Bills fan. I don't want to get my hopes up for a player in the draft because he'll end up getting selected right before the Bills pick. I would be pissed. Or he'd be available and the Bills would select somebody else. Again pissed.
                        It is a good way to find out what other teams are up to. Besides team news they have been interviewing a lot of draftees. Chris Spencer interviewed real well. He is a bright kid!

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

Crowder? I read somewhere that he hasn't had one good interview and that teams are down on him...mentally I guess.

Plus, he is a gator, so that can't be good. He would be used to losing. :)

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            Crowder? I read somewhere that he hasn't had one good interview and that teams are down on him...mentally I guess.

Plus, he is a gator, so that can't be good. He would be used to losing. :)

well if everything went great w/ his interviews, he would be a first round pick.. stupid little things make guys drop.. if we can take advantage of something like that, then do so.. sam cowart dropped too, and we were fortunate to have him for the time he was here.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

If TD is talking up Jones, we're probably not taking him. I really hope we have Shelton by draft day, however, so that we could take a shot at a guy like Jones, instead of being tied to taking the 4th or 5th best LT.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X