PDA

View Full Version : Shelton-Henry deal near

vski
04-07-2005, 07:29 PM
From ESPN insider, i aplogize if this has been posted before.

Apr. 7 - Scouts Inc. is hearing that the long-rumored Travis Henry-for-L.J. Shelton trade will be consummated within the next few days.

The deal has been delayed over the Bills' insistence that draft picks are included. Buffalo has been asking the Cardinals to switch spots in the second round, which Arizona now appears willing to do. If the trade goes through, Buffalo will move up from pick No. 55 to No. 44. The only thing that could hold up the deal now is the status of Henry's contract. He has one year left on his deal, and the Cardinals would want to sign him to a long-term contract before making a trade.

gr8slayer
04-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah this was posted yesterday. There is no doubt in my mind that we will have Shelton soon but I highly doubt that it will happen before draft day.

vski
04-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah this was posted yesterday. There is no doubt in my mind that we will have Shelton soon but I highly doubt that it will happen before draft day.
Posted yesterday? The date is today (4/7). Regardless this is good news.

Oh, and a little help getting out of the neg? :peace:

gr8slayer
04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Posted yesterday? The date is today (4/7). Regardless this is good news.

Oh, and a little help getting out of the neg? :peace:Yeah I read it yesterday on the Insider.

I have noticed lately that alot of the older stories have current dates on them. Weird huh?

vski
04-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Yeah I read it yesterday on the Insider.

I have noticed lately that alot of the older stories have current dates on them. Weird huh?

They're probably just updating them a bit to be able to put the current date on.

Oh, and heres the other little blurb.

Apr. 7 - Left tackle L.J. Shelton appears to be on his way to Buffalo in exchange for running back Travis Henry. Scouts Inc. is hearing that the long-rumored trade will be consummated within the next few days.
Shelton, who fell out of favor with Cardinals coach Dennis Green last season, was granted permission to seek a trade in February. He has already undergone a physical by the Bills.

gr8slayer
04-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah that was there yesterday.

Im not sure that you are allowed to copy/paste things from web sites that you have to pay for. Might want to make sure that isnt a TOS violation before doing it anymore.

DMBcrew36
04-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah that was there yesterday.

Im not sure that you are allowed to copy/paste things from web sites that you have to pay for. Might want to make sure that isnt a TOS violation before doing it anymore.That would suck if they came after someone for posting their material. :mad:

Michael82
04-07-2005, 11:28 PM
From ESPN insider, i aplogize if this has been posted before.
Thanks for the info and Welcome to the Zone! :up:

gr8slayer
04-07-2005, 11:34 PM
That would suck if they came after someone for posting their material. :mad:Well to them it is like theft, kinda like if you want to read it then sign up and pay.