X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Garrison Hearst visits

According to News Channel 4 WIVB RB Garrison Hearst visited the Bills yesterday. It's only a matter of time before the trade gets done.

Garrison Hearst

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Watch the "Garrison Hearst is a special kind of player" threads start flooding the boards

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
      Watch the "Garrison Hearst is a special kind of player" threads start flooding the boards
      It would bother me if he was the starter but he's not.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i would definately take him as a back up.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

Cool. I'll take Hearst at the vet min on a one year deal. Good backup for McGahee.

But is he under contract with the Broncos? I assume he is a free agent.

He is well rested, having not taken much abuse over the past year and a half. Coming off a fractured hand...but I think we could use his locker room leadership.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I'm not sure, given Hearst's age and history of injuries, that he's that good a back up candidate. I'd pass.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I'm not sure, given Hearst's age and history of injuries, that he's that good a back up candidate. I'd pass.
              agreed- the guy's older than dirt.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Patti120
                • Aug 2004

Hearst would be a good backup. The only threads we should see regarding him as a "special player" should be in regards to his coming back successfully after he broke his lower leg like 5 years ago. ( I think he had the Bo Jackson type of problem where not enough blood gets to it, etc.. and there were concerns that his career was over.) Other than overcoming that he's an older back now who would be a good backup as long as he stays healthy.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'd take him as a backup. He was part of my fantasy championship team a couple years ago.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

G. Hearst has been a 1000 yd/4.0 YPC back throughout his time in the League with a 1500 yard season a few years ago plus he can catch the ball out of the backfield.. I'm sure he learned how to pick up the Blitz while in SF so he's a viable 3rd down back to give WM a rest.

If he's still in good shape he'd be worth taking a look at, he's been a conditioning guy since returning from his early ankle/leg injury.. A beast in college.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

TD should call up James Stewart and see if he's interested in a backup position. The guy fits our style of running game.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

I think they'll try to get him cause he's cheap

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

I think he would be a good backup. He is a solid player, a little old, but a good backup if needed.

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

I'm sure he learned how to pick up the Blitz while in SF so he's a viable 3rd down back to give WM a rest.
                            Exactly. He's a third down back. If McGahee goes down we would probably see Hearst, Burns, and Williams sharing the load.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

I'll take him as a back up but with the Bills cap situation, if they get Shelton GH will be playing for the minimum.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X