• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

What me worry?

Working on the assumption we get shelton (no speculating here Op :) a line of:

Shelton-Anderson-Teague-Villarial-Williams in actuality is pretty solid, with decent depth.

You add Moulds/Evans/*gulp* Reed at WR, McGahee at RB and speedy/Mobile Losman at Qb We got a hell of an offence I think with good coaching. Not to mention if we luck out with Matt Jones.

On the Defensive side we lost Patt Williams.......erm.....so? Edwards is a better pass rusher, if Losing Pat means we are a bad defence we cannot be classified as good.

So I guess ultimatley.....whats everyone so worried about?
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Devin
    Working on the assumption we get shelton (no speculating here Op :) a line of:

Shelton-Anderson-Teague-Villarial-Williams in actuality is pretty solid, with decent depth.

You add Moulds/Evans/*gulp* Reed at WR, McGahee at RB and speedy/Mobile Losman at Qb We got a hell of an offence I think with good coaching. Not to mention if we luck out with Matt Jones.

On the Defensive side we lost Patt Williams.......erm.....so? Edwards is a better pass rusher, if Losing Pat means we are a bad defence we cannot be classified as good.

So I guess ultimatley.....whats everyone so worried about?
    People just like to complain. I expect the defense to only be tweeked here and there very slightly. If ain't broke - don't fix.

As to the offense, now that we have a mobile QB, I expect the plays to get more agressive and more creative. There were many times last year when I felt we were predictable - but I think DB had alot to do with that. Thankfully, WM bailed us out many a time last year. I'm really happy that JP is dedicating lots of time to train and learn the position. I like go-getters and ambitious players and he seems to fit in that category!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

well, there are three big question marks:
      1. How will Losman play?
      2. Can Edwards step up for Big Pat?
      3. Can McGahee stay healthy?

We also have no TE and our kicker blows. If two of the above 3 things work out in our favor, I predict we'll be in the playoffs (assuming we get Shelton). Before Anderson and Shelton, I was ready to hit the panic button. Now, I can see an 11-5 season but I could just as easily see a 7-9 season- we'll just have to wait to find out.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

Having a defensive tackle tandem like Pat and Sam isn't anything to scoff at... It remains to be seen if the line will be as effective minus Pat. Just a concern, nothing to get bent out of shape over. Losman's performance is another point of concern, being a 1st year starter. Again, worrying and complaining can't change any of this and the teams current direction does look promising.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
          • Mar 2003

I do hope the Bills resign Marcus Price for depth. He'd come in at vet minimum and be good insurance against injuries. At least bring him to camp.

If they don't no big deal. I won't call TD bad names over that.
          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

I think we are all worried because for the past several seasons we have had what we thought was a very good team on paper. We ignored holes figuring you don't have to be perfect in every area to be a playoff team.

With the results we have seen over the past years, we are gun shy....we don't want to leave any stone un-turned for fear that it will be the problem that kills another season....

It is hard to continue to be optimistic and confident when our paper tiger teams keep getting trounced by lesser squads.
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• HurryUpTom
              • Mar 2005

I don't see a whole bunch of worrying on the board.

I think you forgot the biggest reason to not worry at this point in time ... it's April.

Comment

Working...
              X