PDA

View Full Version : Jets Fielding Offers For J.Abraham

LifetimeBillsFan
04-08-2005, 03:15 PM
According to the NY Daily News, the Jets are now willing to entertain offers for J.Abraham, who is refusing to sign there franchise offer.

The most likely suitors are the Cowboys and Vikings. Both need an outside pass rusher, both have two first-round picks, both have about $9 million in salary-cap room and both have former Jets coaches - Dallas coach Bill Parcells and Minnesota defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell. The Cowboys have two prime bargaining chips (the 11th and 20th picks), although owner Jerry Jones said this week that he's more apt to stockpile picks instead of trading them away. The Vikings own the seventh and 18th selections.

URL: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/story/297737p-254912c.html

While it is doubtful that the Bills would have any interest--let alone enough to offer or the willingness to make a trade within their own division again--or the money to satisfy Abraham, it could have a huge impact on the draft and who will be available in the second round when the Bills pick--regardless of whether it is 44th or 55th--if Abraham is traded before the draft (which is probably when a trade would be made, if it gets done). Needless to say, though, losing Abraham, regardless of what the Jets get in return, would have a significant impact on the Jets' defense this coming season.

Sportsuser101
04-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure why the Vikings would want Abraham unless they are going to switch to the 3-4 and have him play OLB.

Sportsuser101
04-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Nevermind I'm thinking Kevin Williams was playing DE. He'd only be playing DE in the 3-4. Forget that. Abraham would be a nice fit imo but I don't think he's worth a 1st round pick.

mysticsoto
04-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Nevermind I'm thinking Kevin Williams was playing DE. He'd only be playing DE in the 3-4. Forget that. Abraham would be a nice fit imo but I don't think he's worth a 1st round pick.
He might be a good fit for the Raiders...do they have cap space? Probably wouldn't happen anyway - they gave up their 1st rd for Moss and would have to negotiate next year's picks on top of that...

Spielmanrules54
04-08-2005, 03:38 PM
I know it's impossible, but i would love to have him here!

Sportsuser101
04-08-2005, 03:39 PM
He might be a good fit for the Raiders...do they have cap space? Probably wouldn't happen anyway - they gave up their 1st rd for Moss and would have to negotiate next year's picks on top of that...
I think they are right up against the cap. They would have to release everyone but Lamont Jordan and Randy Moss to get under the cap lol.

OpIv37
04-08-2005, 03:39 PM
overrated- the dude's always injured. It's not worth his numbers for 7 games a season.

Sportsuser101
04-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I know it's impossible, but i would love to have him here!
I agree with TD in this. I want high character guys on my team. Abraham is constantly injured and the fact that he didn't fight through the pain and play the playoff game because he was a free agent this offseason was just sickening. I wouldn't want a guy like that on our team especially for the type of money he is making. For that type of money you want a guy who is on the field week after week and is more about winning then he is about getting paid.

HAMMER
04-08-2005, 04:01 PM

I disagree, I think Abraham is worth a 1st round pick. In watching him last year when he was healthy he was playing unbelievable ball. Especially against the Bills.

Sportsuser101
04-08-2005, 04:15 PM
I disagree, I think Abraham is worth a 1st round pick. In watching him last year when he was healthy he was playing unbelievable ball. Especially against the Bills.
When he plays he is a top 10 DE but the problem is he doesn't play alot. Because of that and his unwillingness to play through pain is the reason I don't think he's worth a 1st.

AndreReed83
04-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure why the Vikings would want Abraham unless they are going to switch to the 3-4 and have him play OLB.

Because if they can't get another Bills D-player. Then the Jets are the next best thing.

jpdex12
04-08-2005, 06:03 PM
The Raiders should trade Woodson for Abraham. The Jests need a CB.

mysticsoto
04-08-2005, 07:36 PM
The Raiders should trade Woodson for Abraham. The Jests need a CB.

I don't know if the Jets would take Woodson for Abraham. Woodson kind of underachieved last year. Maybe Woodson and a lower pick...

But that's really not a bad idea - the more I think about it, the more I think the Raiders should atleast try!

Sportsuser101
04-09-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't know if the Jets would take Woodson for Abraham. Woodson kind of underachieved last year. Maybe Woodson and a lower pick...

But that's really not a bad idea - the more I think about it, the more I think the Raiders should atleast try!
Yeah there has been alot of talk about this deal and it does make sense but I'm not sure if either team will do it. I think the Jets want to go younger at CB and I think the Raiders want a DE and a CB for Woodson.

GreenMachine
04-09-2005, 01:58 AM
I hope a team is suckered into trading a 1st rounder for Abe. He is a big pussy, who only cares about himself and not the team

don137
04-09-2005, 05:52 AM
I hope a team is suckered into trading a 1st rounder for Abe. He is a big pussy, who only cares about himself and not the team

I agree. I lost all respect for him as a player when he did not play in the playoffs last year because he did not want to hurt his free agent status. He proved he plays the game for the money and does not care about winning or have a team first mentality. How do you think his teammates feel about him?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Abraham = Marcellus Wiley......he will disappear from the map with his next team...

thebuffalobills4
04-09-2005, 09:18 AM
According to the NY Daily News, the Jets are now willing to entertain offers for J.Abraham, who is refusing to sign there franchise offer.

URL: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/story/297737p-254912c.html

While it is doubtful that the Bills would have any interest--let alone enough to offer or the willingness to make a trade within their own division again--or the money to satisfy Abraham, it could have a huge impact on the draft and who will be available in the second round when the Bills pick--regardless of whether it is 44th or 55th--if Abraham is traded before the draft (which is probably when a trade would be made, if it gets done). Needless to say, though, losing Abraham, regardless of what the Jets get in return, would have a significant impact on the Jets' defense this coming season.
i feel sorry for the jets. :snicker2:

Ickybaluky
04-09-2005, 09:30 AM
You people are nuts, the guys is a premier pass rusher. Sure, he is somewhat immature, but guys with his ability to rush the passer are rare. That makes him valuable. There are a lot of teams that would give up a 1st round pick for a guy with his pass-rush skills, even with some of the baggage he carries (injuries the last couple years, past DUI).

Abraham may not be the perfect player, but he can roll out of bed and pressure the QB. The biggest factor in making it hard for any team to trade for him is his contract demands. That may make teams pause in trading for him, but his talent is undeniable.

jmb1099
04-09-2005, 04:50 PM
You people are nuts, the guys is a premier pass rusher. Sure, he is somewhat immature, but guys with his ability to rush the passer are rare. That makes him valuable. There are a lot of teams that would give up a 1st round pick for a guy with his pass-rush skills, even with some of the baggage he carries (injuries the last couple years, past DUI).

Abraham may not be the perfect player, but he can roll out of bed and pressure the QB. The biggest factor in making it hard for any team to trade for him is his contract demands. That may make teams pause in trading for him, but his talent is undeniable. Talent will only carry you so far. Sure he has the potential and has played some amazing games, but considering his other negative attributes he isn't worth the cost that is being demanded for him. However, I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind seeing him on the team if his asking price was radically reduced.

BillsFanInMass
04-09-2005, 06:05 PM
we'll take em !!!!!!!!!

ebill00
04-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Bruce Smith had off the field problems (DUI) but didn't miss much playing time, especially play-offs. Not to say that JA is in the same league as Bruce. God I miss that guy!!!