PDA

View Full Version : Hearst not alone

The_Philster
04-09-2005, 07:58 AM
In a move that could be a precursor to a Travis Henry trade, the Buffalo Bills welcomed free agent running back Garrison Hearst to Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Hearst visited the Bills along with two other free agents Thursday, Arizona defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch and Washington tight end Fred Baxter...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050409/1067995.asp)

Vanden Bosch, 6-4 and 278, would be a candidate for a backup defensive end job in Buffalo. He's a four-year veteran and former second-round pick whose career has been plagued by injuries. He missed most of his rookie year with a torn ligament in his right knee and missed all of the 2003 season with a torn left knee. He started 16 games in 2002 and had 3.5 sacks. The 26-year-old had one start in 16 games last season with no sacks. He's a high-effort, high-character player. He visited Tennessee on Friday.

Baxter, who will be 34 in June, has been a prototypical blocking tight end in his 12-year career and would fill that niche as a reserve if he joined the Bills. He is 6-3 and 268 pounds. He played his first eight years with the Jets and earned a Super Bowl ring as a little-used backup with the Patriots in 2003. He was on the Redskins' roster last season.

Sabre Ally
04-09-2005, 08:04 AM
OMG, that would be sooooo kewl. Vanden Bosch was one of my very favorite Huskers.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I'll take VandenBosch.....but I don't know about Baxter....I'd rather have a younger guy myself....

mysticsoto
04-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I don't like either. And as for the TE position, Gomez in doing decent in Europe right now and is also a long snapper - something we could use so it wouldn't take a separate roster spot...I hope they don't like these guys much!

The Spaz
04-09-2005, 09:05 AM
As a backup Vanden Bosch would be nice.

Tatonka
04-09-2005, 09:55 AM
what exactly would be nice about a guy who has played 4 seasons.. 2 of those have been out with injuries to his knees.. and the other two have a combined 3.5 sacks??

your expectations must be real low.. i would like a player.. we have one ryan denny.. we dont need another..

actually to call him ryan denny would be an insult to denny.. because denny has outplayed him... wow.. that isnt saying much.

Meathead
04-09-2005, 01:07 PM
actually to call him ryan denny would be an insult to denny.. because denny has outplayed him... wow.. that isnt saying much.
I am concerned that I understood this.

Meathead
04-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Anyway, Hearst yay or nay?

At close to minimum I say yay.

Meathead
04-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Never mind. Missed the other thread.

The Spaz
04-09-2005, 09:04 PM
what exactly would be nice about a guy who has played 4 seasons.. 2 of those have been out with injuries to his knees.. and the other two have a combined 3.5 sacks??

your expectations must be real low.. i would like a player.. we have one ryan denny.. we dont need another..

Sorry you didn't catch the sarcasm. You really think I wouldn't know this guy has shown no production in the league thus far? Thanks for the insult to my football knowledge. :peace:

Tatonka
04-09-2005, 09:15 PM
my intent wasnt to insult your football knowledge.. and i had no way to tell you were being sarcastic.. i made a statement in the hopes that you would clarify.. maybe there was something that i was missing.