What do you think about a franchise in Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billscusey
    • Nov 2004

What do you think about a franchise in Toronto?

Hi Billszone members, this is my first post, and I think this board is fantastic! As a Bills fan from Toronto Canada, I often wonder where my support would go if Toronto gets an NFL franchise, which could happen.

I love the Bills, and love travelling to Buffalo for the weekend with friends, but having a team just down the road would be enticing. I was just wondering what other Toronto Bills fans thought about this issue. I would also like to hear about Buffalo residents as well on this issue. How do you feel about a franchise in Toronto? Having a team so close would certainly reduce ticket sales, and could affect whether or not Buffalo gets a new stadium (whether we all want it or not!).

Thanks for creating such a great place for Bills fans to "meet."
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Billscusey
    Hi Billszone members, this is my first post, and I think this board is fantastic! As a Bills fan from Toronto Canada, I often wonder where my support would go if Toronto gets an NFL franchise, which could happen.

I love the Bills, and love travelling to Buffalo for the weekend with friends, but having a team just down the road would be enticing. I was just wondering what other Toronto Bills fans thought about this issue. I would also like to hear about Buffalo residents as well on this issue. How do you feel about a franchise in Toronto? Having a team so close would certainly reduce ticket sales, and could affect whether or not Buffalo gets a new stadium (whether we all want it or not!).

THE only thing people in Toronto like is HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

END OF story......
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Im sorry but IMO I say the hell with Canada. If you all want football start your own football league. The Bills wont be moving any time soon so dont count on it.

Comment

• AndreReed83
        Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        Im sorry but IMO I say the hell with Canada. If you all want football start your own football league. The Bills wont be moving any time soon so dont count on it.

.....they alreay have their own football league.....

I wouldn't mind it myself. If it happens, it happens. But it certainly would hurt the Bills, and heck, it would most likely be the Bills themself moving their if it did happen. But, I bet the NFL wouldn't mind it at all, a whole new country to tap into to.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
        "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by AndreReed83
          .....they alreay have their own football league.....
          If you can call that a football league.

Comment

• Mr.Right
            Buffalo's favorite "TROLL"
            • Jan 2005

Send the Bills OUT of the country?

I'm all for it....

Comment

• Ron C.
              • Mar 2003

I think Toronto would be a great market for the NFL. It would hurt the Bills attendance a bit, but what a local rivalry it would be! The problem is that a 32 team league works out perfectly, so a team in Ontario would likely have to come from an existing NFL city.....hopefully not one wearing red and blue

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Unless their jersey is Teal and Orange, no thanks.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Will never happen...no players would want to play there. Players would have to be paid in US Currency and that would hurt the franchise. It's the same problem that the NBA has had up there...plua, no players want to live up there either. I highly doubt it ever happens.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                      • Jul 2002

Welcome to the posting section of the Zone! It's about time!

Personally, I wouldn't like an expansion team in Toronto... It would (IMO) REALLY hurt Buffalo.

Do you plan at being at the Opener? If you do, you should definately plan on meeting up with us.
                      Originally posted by notacon
                      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Billscusey
                        • Nov 2004

I am definitely planning on hitting the opener this year! Last season, I only made it down three times (I was finishing my Masters so I needed to devote a LITTLE bit of time to that!) but now I am all finished, and hope to see the Bills live more often. We have quite the travelling group too. Where do Zoners meet before the games?

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

I am definitely planning on hitting the opener this year! Last season, I only made it down three times (I was finishing my Masters so I needed to devote a LITTLE bit of time to that!) but now I am all finished, and hope to see the Bills live more often. We have quite the travelling group too. Where do Zoners meet before the games?
                          most of the time...Zoners can be found in the area marked Helmet Crew on this map

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Billscusey
                            • Nov 2004

That's awesome! Thanks a lot Philster, I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                              • Mar 2005

There is no tailgating in Ontario due to it's archaic alcohol laws. Without tailgating, you don't deserve an NFL team.

Comment

Working...
                              X