• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bert102176
    • Aug 2002

our 55th pick

According to ESPN with our 55th pick they have ud drafting
    Mike Patterson/ DT/USC

Some players who have dropped out of first-round consideration could end up being good value in round two.
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO
  • Bert102176
    • Aug 2002

they don't have Matt Jones being picked in the top 64
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• AndreReed83
      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
      • Mar 2004

Can someone post their explanation behind the pick? If not, that's cool, because it's INsider and everything, but it'd be much appreciated if someone could.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• McGee
        • Aug 2004

It simply says that the Bills need to replace Pat Williams after losing him in free agency.

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by AndreReed83
          Can someone post their explanation behind the pick? If not, that's cool, because it's INsider and everything, but it'd be much appreciated if someone could.
          you could always post your possible explanation .... But i personally am not crazy about that pick, i believe ESPN is underestimating our DT's. With Sam Adams and Ron Edwards(who played good last year in a reserve roll), i think we have a better than average DT's. We also picked Tim Anderson in the 3rd round last year, were fine at DT.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by slimschmittie
            you could always post your possible explanation .... But i personally am not crazy about that pick, i believe ESPN is underestimating our DT's. With Sam Adams and Ron Edwards(who played good last year in a reserve roll), i think we have a better than average DT's. We also picked Tim Anderson in the 3rd round last year, were fine at DT.
            I agree we will definitley above average DTs this year. But Adams has 1 maybe 2 more years left in his big, big tank, and I don't think both Edwards and Anderson could solid DTs on their own, playing next to each other. And with our Dline coach's tendency to not play rookies much (Kelsay, Anderson) we prolly should pick a DT now to play next year, if need be for Adams, instead of next year in a desprate move w/ Edwards a UFA and Adams w/ another year under his hefty belt. I stand we should pick C.J. Mosley in the 3rd or Castillo if he fell that far, or Hawthorne in the 2nd.

I think in the 2nd we should take
            1. Best player available (Jones or non-need position if someone excellent fell.)
            2. McFadden, or another very good CB
            3. Hawthorne
            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

i'm not sold on patterson.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
                they don't have Matt Jones being picked in the top 64

i could probably name 64 other players that i'd draft before matt jones.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• 40 oz Bills
                  • Apr 2005

We'll take a corner before we take a DT. We have Edwards and Anderson ready to take on a larger role. We drafted Anderson last year to take over for Pat.

If the Shelton deal goes down, we probably won't look to draft an OLineman until later on. Matt Jones won't be there and he's too big of a project anyhow.

I think TD drafts a corner knowing he might not be able to bring Clements back next year.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    i could probably name 64 other players that i'd draft before matt jones.
                    Go for it.
                    This should be interesting..
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                      I agree we will definitley above average DTs this year. But Adams has 1 maybe 2 more years left in his big, big tank, and I don't think both Edwards and Anderson could solid DTs on their own, playing next to each other. And with our Dline coach's tendency to not play rookies much (Kelsay, Anderson) we prolly should pick a DT now to play next year, if need be for Adams, instead of next year in a desprate move w/ Edwards a UFA and Adams w/ another year under his hefty belt. I stand we should pick C.J. Mosley in the 3rd or Castillo if he fell that far, or Hawthorne in the 2nd.

I think in the 2nd we should take
                      1. Best player available (Jones or non-need position if someone excellent fell.)
                      2. McFadden, or another very good CB
                      3. Hawthorne
                      Good points!

Originally posted by 40 oz Bills
                      We'll take a corner before we take a DT. We have Edwards and Anderson ready to take on a larger role. We drafted Anderson last year to take over for Pat.

If the Shelton deal goes down, we probably won't look to draft an OLineman until later on. Matt Jones won't be there and he's too big of a project anyhow.

I think TD drafts a corner knowing he might not be able to bring Clements back next year.
                      I think it really depends on what TD plans to do with Clements: if he plans to do everything necessary to keep him--including franchising him--a CB becomes less of a priority and he may choose to address other needs. However, you are probably right about the Bills going for a CB here if they don't feel that they can make a deal with Clements.

Still, DT is a need: not because we lost P.Williams, but because, as ShadowHawk pointed out, S.Adams isn't getting any younger and, with R.Edwards entering the last year of his contract and J.Bannan moving to the O-line, we are thin at DT and need to begin developing another young DT to plug into the rotation with T.Anderson. If Edwards doesn't play that well this season or decides to walk as a FA after the season and/or Adams begins to start to show his age after this season, the Bills could get caught short at a very important position in their defense. I can see them trying to get a solid DT in the 2nd or 3rd Round to develop for a year if they plan on keeping N.Clements.

It's hard to find, let alone replace, a top, young CB--which is why they have been commanding so much money as FAs--so I would actually expect TD to try to keep Clements if it is at all possible. Still, I think we will know what he thinks his chances of being able to do that are going to be when we see what the Bills do with their first two picks in this draft. I say this because, while trying to fill glaring holes as best as he could, a lot of TD's draft picks have been made with an eye to what the player can do for the team in his second year moreso than whether he will fill an immediate need as a rookie.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I want the BPA

Comment

• Superhero
                          • Mar 2005

He got a 9 on the Wonderlic

Mularkey likes smart and tough players

The Bills will find someone else to draft at 55 or 44

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan

Still, DT is a need: not because we lost P.Williams, but because, as ShadowHawk pointed out, S.Adams isn't getting any younger and, with R.Edwards entering the last year of his contract and J.Bannan moving to the O-line, we are thin at DT and need to begin developing another young DT to plug into the rotation with T.Anderson. If Edwards doesn't play that well this season or decides to walk as a FA after the season and/or Adams begins to start to show his age after this season, the Bills could get caught short at a very important position in their defense. I can see them trying to get a solid DT in the 2nd or 3rd Round to develop for a year if they plan on keeping N.Clements.
                            Thanks for backing me up, how bout throwing some rep my way?
                            Like both of us have said before, who we draft will probably be the biggest sign if we are going to keep Clements are not. I'd post more but i'd just be repeating what lifetime said.
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

that pick sucks.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X