• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFanInMass
    The Stoner Zoner
    • Feb 2003

Is this true?

My friend told me 2006 is a no cap year in the nfl if thats so we should have no problem keeping Clements. I dont know i never heard of anything like that before.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Clump/Eb?

I actually kinda remember hearing something like that as well.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

2008 is uncapped

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

The NFLPA/ NFL Labor agreement runs out in 2007. The cap is a negotiated item in the collective bargaining agreement.

The commishioner mentioned this in his state of the game speech at the owner's meeting. Both sides are happy to split the revenue pie- 66% for salaries and benefits the rest to the owners. The hang up is what constitutes revenue. Right now, it's TV & Radio rights, and ticket sales. Not counted in revenues are skybox seats, Private seat liscences, stadium naming rights, and merchandise.

Some owners want this evenly distributed (others don't) and the NFLPA wants a piece of it. Right now, there is an impasse, but the labor deal is 3 years away and neither side is worried.

Another thing that has to be negotiated is the TV deal, which will have a huge impact on the cap figure. The last deal was 17 Billion dollars over 7 or 8 years.

Bottom line, there will be another cap when the deal gets done with the player's union

Comment

• clumping platelets

We, as Bills fans, should be very very afraid of an "uncapped year"

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets

i couldnt agree more with this comment if it was 1992 when we were winning not so much becuz players like to come to a winner. but we are not a winner yet! and the bills even though ive read they are very profitable compared to other teams dont have the huge dollars like teams(dallas the new york teams, miami, oakland washington and so on.) it would be very very bad if nfl wenty capless for our bills

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              yea, it would be hard to compete with teams like New England and Dallas during Free Agency.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Bills will become the Montreal Expos or Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL - and could end up in LA if there were no cap.

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  The NFLPA/ NFL Labor agreement runs out in 2007. The cap is a negotiated item in the collective bargaining agreement.

The commishioner mentioned this in his state of the game speech at the owner's meeting. Both sides are happy to split the revenue pie- 66% for salaries and benefits the rest to the owners. The hang up is what constitutes revenue. Right now, it's TV & Radio rights, and ticket sales. Not counted in revenues are skybox seats, Private seat liscences, stadium naming rights, and merchandise.

Some owners want this evenly distributed (others don't) and the NFLPA wants a piece of it. Right now, there is an impasse, but the labor deal is 3 years away and neither side is worried.

Another thing that has to be negotiated is the TV deal, which will have a huge impact on the cap figure. The last deal was 17 Billion dollars over 7 or 8 years.

Bottom line, there will be another cap when the deal gets done with the player's union
                  sweet
                  :oldskool:
                  micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Montreal... Above or underground?
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                    X