X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Tatonka's Draft Preview!!

I was going to do a mock draft and post my picks round by round, but it always turns into a one of two things.. Everyone just goes "Good work! I like it!" and then there is little conversation about it or there is always the guy that wants to destroy every pick and tell you how there is no way in hell that the guy makes it to that pick, ect. ect..

So this year I am putting together a list of guys that I think would be great fits for this team. A combination of the following would be nice.

It is obviously tough to tell where these guys are going to go. Sometimes your sure that a guy is a 1st round guy, and you see him drop to the 3rd or 4th round (see Rein Long of the Titans) and sometimes your sure that the guy is not going to be a first round guy and somehow a few workouts sneak him up and up. Probably like Matt Jones will do this year. But guys like Mcgahee come to mind, as well. I did not include any guys on this list that we have no chance of drafting.While I love Pacman Jones, we obviously don’t have a shot at him. This is as realistic a list of prospects as I can put together.

The list is not really dependant on anything, like whether or not the Shelton deal goes through. Obviously if things like that happen, it will affect the way we draft.

So on to my list of guys...

Corey Webster - Cornerback, LSU (6'0", 200lbs, 4.50 40yd)

Ball hawk style cornerback. Great speed/size combo. Good leaping ability. he can match up with big WRs and rarely gets beat. Played for Saban, so has the advantage of learning complex coverages already. Was a center piece on the defense that won LSU a national championship. The thing about him is that he should have come out after his junior year. His parents wanted him to get his degree (mother is a teacher) so he did. He had a hamstring injury that he played through all year and it effected his numbers, but between his sophomore and junior seasons he got his hands on FIFTY EIGHT balls that came his way. Now think about that for a second. That is passes defended, Ints and FFs.. 58.. that is what I mean by a ball hawk. He played QB (high school) and WR (freshman year) so he obviously carried some of that understanding over to the way he plays a WR. He is going to be a steal for someone. Due to his senior year numbers being lower than his sick sophomore and junior number, he will fall some. In my opinion, he is right behind Pacman and Rolle. He is likely a 2nd round guy who absolutely has 1st round talent.

Matt Jones - Wide Receiver, Arkansas (6'6", 242lbs, 4.37 40yd)

I am not going to go real in depth about this guy, because most people already are tired of hearing about him. I will say that in NFL history, there has never been a player that was 6'5" or taller that has ever run a 4.4 or under. There has also never been anyone at 242 or heavier that has ever run a 4.4 or under. Matt Jones is both of those, and ran a 4.37... ... Is he raw? Sure.. A project? No question.. Our WRs coach, Tolbert, has a record of getting production out of rookies though.. See Anquan Boldin in Arizona and Lee Evans last year.. Jones caught everything at the senior bowl, in practice and in the game. He also had a very impressive workout at his school, catching everything. They say his soft hands come from being a good basketball player his whole life. He has more rushing yards from the QB position AND a better average per carry than Mike Vick did while at Virginia Tech. So YAC should not be a problem. The only real question about him is route running. If the Bills feel that he looks good running his routes and that it wont be an issue. He would be a great addition and would create mismatches that would make coaches and fans alike drool.. .. Ok… So I went into depth more than I thought. Probably a 2nd round pick guy. I know there is lots of hype about him, but in the end, teams may not have the balls to take a project over some of the more established WRs on the board, so he may end up making it out of the 1st round. We will see.

Robert McCune – Middle Linebacker, Louisville (6’0”, 245lbs, 4.50 40yd)

This guy is one of my favorite players in the draft. From the first time I saw him play, I remember thinking two things. One was “Damn that guy is fast!”. The other was “Damn that guy looks huge!”. McCune is both. He ran a 4.50, which is just ridiculous speed for a linebacker, middle or outside. But McCune is also 245 lbs. packed into a 6’0” frame. I don’t know if any of you caught the guys weight in on the NFL network, but this guy makes David Boston look like he needs to hit the gym. Take a look at these Gunz. He has the potential to be a great MLB or SSLB. He has the speed to cover RBs and TEs. He is a big hitter and a good blitzer. And this is the thing that makes him an even bigger asset is the fact that he is a special teams demon. He got special teamer of the year in 2001 while he was a red shirt freshman. The next year he became the starter and posted great numbers in his junior and senior years. There are a few knocks on him. He doesn’t have ideal height for a linebacker, but we currently have Fletcher, who is about 3 inches shorter, so the height issue is really a non-issue to me. He was in the National Guard for 3 years, so he will be a 26 year old rookie in the NFL. He could also use work on his coverage techniques. Not very big issues for me, but these are things that have pushed him down He could be the heir apparent for Fletcher or Posey. I would love to have a guy like him and Stamer being prepped for the future.

Chris Kemoeatu - Guard, Utah (6'4", 344lbs)

This guy is one of my favorite guards in the draft, besides David Bass. And the only reason that I take Bass over Kemoeatu is that Bass can and probably will be a great center. Kemoeatu is a nasty guy. That is what you will see about him in every description you read. He was suspended twice in his career at Utah for kicking opposing players in the head. Like I said, he is a mean SOB. Some people call that "questionable character". I call it the kind of attitude that I want. He is considered one of the strongest offensive linemen in this draft and he is one of the biggest. He has been a starter since the end of his freshman year. He does NOT get moved at the point of attack.. It just doesn’t happen. He is a wall. Some technique issues, but nothing that McNally can’t work out. I really really would like to see us draft this kid. He is likely a 3rd round guy, but due to the suspensions, I could see him falling to the 3rd or 4th

Michael Munoz - Left Tackle, Tennessee (6'5", 306)

Many of you are aware that he is the son of possibly the best left tackle to ever play, Anthony Munoz. Many of you also know that Jim McNally coached Anthony Munoz. Michael never quite materialized into the top tackle prospect that most thought he would be, due to the bloodlines. I personally think that people graded him on a different level.. People have expected to see his father, but there was only one Anthony Munoz. Michael is still one of the best tackles in college football, as far as his blocking technique. Wonder if good old pop worked with him in the off-season? He is not as strong as he needs to be and he blew his knee out as a freshman. He also just had rotator cuff surgery recently, but is expected to make a full recovery. We know that Donahoe does not shy away from guys with an injury past, if they check out OK with the Bills doctors. And it has worked out for us so far. If Munoz puts on a little weight and adds some strength, which is the case for almost every rookie at every position, he could be a very good tackle. I have no doubt that the Bills will be looking hard at him in the 3rd or 4th round.

Scott Mruczkowski - Center, Bowling Green (6'4", 321lbs)

This guy is a big boy. 4 year starter. 2 years at guard, then his junior and senior season at center. He has the size you love in the middle. I also read that he missed 5 calls on protection assignments in 2 years. So The is obviously a smart kid. Think about how many pass plays there are in 2 full seasons. He is a very good pass protector, average in run blocking, mainly because of technique. He only has 2 years of experience at center and is said to play too high, but with a guy like McNally and his size, I believe that he could be turned into a dominant center. This is the main thing that I love about this kid. He broke his foot as a junior and played on it all year. How tough is that? He also is big enough and versatile enough to go back to guard if the Bills had that need. Side note… His brother is a back up in New England. He is a second day pick. I would shoot for the 5th round, and would be a great player to groom for the starting spot in 2006. I predict with his last name, he will have one of the best selling jerseys in the league.

T.A. McLendon - Running Back, North Carolina State (5'11", 235lbs, 4.63 40yd)

McLendon is the perfect back up running back for us, if Henry gets moved. T.A. is a guy who was nicked up a fair amount over his sophomore and junior seasons, but when he played, he showed the ability to dominate. He is a big back. He reminds me a lot of Jerome Bettis. He has good hands and a little shake in his step. He uses his size very well and will not be brought down by arm tackles. The knocks on him are that he has average speed, injury questions, and ball protection. I have seen him play numerous times and this is my take on those issues. I have never seen him play and thought that he looked slow, or even average. He has football speed and makes plays running the ball and in the passing game.. He is also an above average blocker. Those are the things I care about. As far as him being dinged up a lot.. Well, he is a bruising running back, much like Henry.. Those types of running backs get dinged up.. That is why I said he would be a great back up to McGahee.. He would be a similar type back, who won’t have to take the abuse of a full time starter. The game plan wouldn’t have to change though, like it would if we had to put Shaud Williams in. The issue of ball protection is also a lot like Henry’s situation. Several of his fumbles came while he was making extra efforts to get a few more yards or break one more tackle. I believe that with some coaching on the NFL level, this will be an issue that is taken care of.

Jim Davis – Defensive End, Virginia Tech (6’3.5”, 277lbs, 5.00)

Jim Davis is a guy who has experience at DE and DT. He has good pass rushing moves and is a guy who plays very hard. He took over games at Virginia Tech and was disruptive from both spots on the line. If you have watched a Tech game, you undoubtedly heard his name called all night on defense. Being that I went to Tech, I haven’t missed a game since he has been there. He is one of the guys that doesn’t show that well on the track but can play. He is considered a tweener because he is too small to play tackle and “too slow” to play end. Last time I check, it is not 40 yards to the quarterback. They say that he would be a better fit for a 3-4, but I think he could be a player no matter what system he is in. He is strong with good moves and makes plays. That is all the requirements I have. The good news is because of his limitations, he can be had late. Hopefully he is around in the 6th.
    Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Rhys Lloyd – Kicker, Minnesota (does height, lbs, and 40 times matter?)

I know everyone and their brother is on the Nugent bandwagon, but least be realistic… who drafts a kicker on day one? Teams like the Raiders do. I don’t want to be the raiders. The league is filled with great kickers, and all of them are late draft choices or undrafted guys. Lloyd has a strong leg and can hit from well over 50 yards out. Better than that, he is known for being clutch. What else to you want? Oh.. and he can be had in the 7th.

That’s it and that’s all. I hope you enjoyed the read. Lets see if we get lucky and land some of these guys on the roster.
    Last edited by Dozerdog; 04-11-2005, 03:11 PM.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i just emailed log a copy of that with the pictures.. i went back and tried to add them, but there was a 30 minute limit that i surpassed.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• McGee
      • Aug 2004

Corey Webster - A 1st round talent plagued by a nagging hamstring injury in his senior season. I agree he would be a great addition to our secondary & I was hoping he would slide to us in the 2nd round so that we can groom him as a replacement for Clements (if we cannot resign him).

Matt Jones - Huge potential. Lacks experience in route running. I'd prefer Webster over Jones in the 2nd round, but I'd be happy with either pick.

Robert McCune - I agree we need to add some LB depth. IDK much about this guy, but from what I read he can play.

Chris Kemoeatu - I love OL that play with mean streak.

Michael Munoz - Doesn't excite me too much.

Scott Mruczkowski - Would be a good addition to our OL depth regardless.

T.A. McLendon - I'd prefer we draft a backup RB on Day 1. If available, I'd really like to see someone like Kay-Jay Harris (West Virginia) backing up Willis. Also, no Big Ten RBs, as history shows they're mostly busts.

Jim Davis - From what I've read he's labeled as a DT/OLB "tweener" who projects to play a power-end position in the 4-3 or a DE position in the 3-4, but lacks the speed & athleticism to provide an outside rush. For a late pick, he isn't a bad pickup.

If we were to address DE earlier, I'd maybe look at Virginia's Chris Canty in Round 2. Also, I've read the Bills think highly of DT Anttaj Hawthorne (Wisconsin), so the possibilities in Round 2 are endless. We'll just have to see how it plays out & who rises/falls, but TD is sure to get a solid player in Round 2.

Rhys Lloyd - U.Minnesota plays in a dome. How does he handle kicking outdoors?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

i like kemoeatu.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
          I was going to do a mock draft and post my picks round by round, but it always turns into a one of two things.. Everyone just goes "Good work! I like it!" and then there is little conversation about it or there is always the guy that wants to destroy every pick and tell you how there is no way in hell that the guy makes it to that pick, ect. ect..

Maybe the people who want to "destroy every pick and tell you..." get that from you...

Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
            Maybe the people who want to "destroy every pick and tell you..." get that from you...

Pot, meet kettle.
            anyone who endorses a kicker on day one deserves a comment.. so that is ok in that situation.

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

anyone who endorses a kicker on day one deserves a comment.. so that is ok in that situation.
              Hahaha!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

This blows. No way any of those guys fall to us.

Did you see Matt Jones run at the combine? He runs like Keyshawn with big loping strides. He may have down the field, wide open speed, but I don't know how fast he can accelerate.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I'm leery of drafting a dome kicker out of college too. I 'll be honest- I don't know a lot about him but unless he unloaded a couple of 45-50 yard game winners on the road against top opposition (say- before 90-100 K at OSU or Michigan) then I'll remain skeptical.

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

This guy is a big boy. 4 year starter. 2 years at guard, then his junior and senior season at center. He has the size you love in the middle. I also read that he missed 5 calls on protection assignments in 2 years. So The is obviously a smart kid. Think about how many pass plays there are in 2 full seasons. He is a very good pass protector, average in run blocking, mainly because of technique. He only has 2 years of experience at center and is said to play too high, but with a guy like McNally and his size, I believe that he could be turned into a dominant center. This is the main thing that I love about this kid. He broke his foot as a junior and played on it all year. How tough is that? He also is big enough and versatile enough to go back to guard if the Bills had that need. Side note… His brother is a back up in New England. He is a second day pick. I would shoot for the 5th round, and would be a great player to groom for the starting spot in 2006. I predict with his last name, he will have one of the best selling jerseys in the league.

I chose this guy in my bills mock draft. He'd be a good fit.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

So on to my list of guys...

Corey Webster - Cornerback, LSU (6'0", 200lbs, 4.50 40yd)
                      I like Corey Webster also, but if we don't take him with our 2nd pick, he won't be there. For a 3rd rd pick - Brandon Browner might be good if available...though he may need some developing before he is ready to contribute.

Matt Jones - Wide Receiver, Arkansas (6'6", 242lbs, 4.37 40yd)
                      I am definitely into taking chances, so if they pick Matt Jones, in the 2nd, I won't be upset. But he won't be available for the 3rd...

Robert McCune – Middle Linebacker, Louisville (6’0”, 245lbs, 4.50 40yd)
                      This guy looks excellent. Unfortunately, our need for a top LB is not high and we cannot sacrifice a top pick. Picks 2-4 need to be directed to the O-line, D-line and possibly WR. From there on, we can get guys for depth. Obviously this guy won't last until the 5th...

Chris Kemoeatu - Guard, Utah (6'4", 344lbs)
                      We have plenty of people/depth at Guard. Besides, I've seen some reports that say this guy is overrated. I do like mean streaks on the line also - which surprises me at why you picked your Center instead of Richie Incognito. More on him below...

Michael Munoz - Left Tackle, Tennessee (6'5", 306)
                      I don't think very highly of Munoz. He is just adequate. If he were available in a low rd maybe, but there are better prospects...

Richie Incognito might be one of the stronger Centers in the draft besides Jason Brown. This guy is also faster and much meaner. I think I would take a chance with him and hope that as he gets older, he also matures and doesn't become a problem on the field. But if you like guys with mean streaks on the line, this one should be right up your alley!

T.A. McLendon - Running Back, North Carolina State (5'11", 235lbs, 4.63 40yd)
                      Well, after discussing this with LifeTimeBillsFan, I kind of think we should try to sign the A-train instead (assuming we trade TH). This gives us someone with experience and also does not require us to change our philosophy when WM sits.

Jim Davis – Defensive End, Virginia Tech (6’3.5”, 277lbs, 5.00)
                      As a lower pick, I kind of liked Adell Duckett. Has the speed. Needs to develop better block shedding ability. I don't like Jim Davis b'cse he's inconsistent and...I get the impression that he's not ambitious and a go-getter. That leads me to believe he might not improve much in the pros. I get the opposite impression of Duckett.

Rhys Lloyd – Kicker, Minnesota (does height, lbs, and 40 times matter?)
                      I too liked this guy. Of course, there may be some teams that take this guy in the 6th or 7th. I'm kind of thinking that TD will look at the undrafted kickers - just b'cse we need to start getting depth at other positions like LB and S. But if Lindell has another poor season, I think there'll be a kicker change next year!

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

Comments on a couple of your guys that I have seen play.

Webster - I saw him more than a couple of times and I thought he was slow. Seemed to be a step behind and was getting beat a lot. Maybe it was an off day but I didn't care for him.
                        Jones - he will be gone before #55, but I'm not crazy about converting a player unless he is a late round pick. either way he won't be an option.
                        Munoz - again didn't play particulary well when I watched him. Overrated imo and has a long history of injuries. I hope they don't take this guy.
                        McCune - I like him but not in the 2nd rd. very active, similar to fletcher. Would be nice if he lasted to the 4th rd.
                        McLendon - I wouyld take him as a backup to WM. Big back with some skills but also has injury questions. Not in 2nd rd though. I wouldn't pick a runner until at least the 5th rd.
                        The other players I haven't seen enough to form an opinion either way.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by McGee
                          Corey Webster - A 1st round talent plagued by a nagging hamstring injury in his senior season. I agree he would be a great addition to our secondary & I was hoping he would slide to us in the 2nd round so that we can groom him as a replacement for Clements (if we cannot resign him).

Matt Jones - Huge potential. Lacks experience in route running. I'd prefer Webster over Jones in the 2nd round, but I'd be happy with either pick.

Robert McCune - I agree we need to add some LB depth. IDK much about this guy, but from what I read he can play.

Chris Kemoeatu - I love OL that play with mean streak.

Michael Munoz - Doesn't excite me too much.

Scott Mruczkowski - Would be a good addition to our OL depth regardless.

T.A. McLendon - I'd prefer we draft a backup RB on Day 1. If available, I'd really like to see someone like Kay-Jay Harris (West Virginia) backing up Willis. Also, no Big Ten RBs, as history shows they're mostly busts.

Jim Davis - From what I've read he's labeled as a DT/OLB "tweener" who projects to play a power-end position in the 4-3 or a DE position in the 3-4, but lacks the speed & athleticism to provide an outside rush. For a late pick, he isn't a bad pickup.

If we were to address DE earlier, I'd maybe look at Virginia's Chris Canty in Round 2. Also, I've read the Bills think highly of DT Anttaj Hawthorne (Wisconsin), so the possibilities in Round 2 are endless. We'll just have to see how it plays out & who rises/falls, but TD is sure to get a solid player in Round 2.

Rhys Lloyd - U.Minnesota plays in a dome. How does he handle kicking outdoors?
                          I agree with McLendon he always seems to be injured!!!!!
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            I like Corey Webster also, but if we don't take him with our 2nd pick, he won't be there. For a 3rd rd pick - Brandon Browner might be good if available...though he may need some developing before he is ready to contribute.
                            yeah, i was implying that he may be a direction to look with our first pick.. i have seen some mocks with him going to the fish in the 3rd round.. but i seriously doubt that he falls that far.

I am definitely into taking chances, so if they pick Matt Jones, in the 2nd, I won't be upset. But he won't be available for the 3rd...
                            he may not be there in the 2nd and there are things that i would like and dislike about the pick, but i put him on the list because he just seems like a bills pick.

This guy looks excellent. Unfortunately, our need for a top LB is not high and we cannot sacrifice a top pick. Picks 2-4 need to be directed to the O-line, D-line and possibly WR. From there on, we can get guys for depth. Obviously this guy won't last until the 5th...
                            we may be in a position to take the best available guy.. and with a possibility that jones and webster could be gone, he is another place to look. we didnt really need sam cowart, but i am glad we drafted him.. sam's play forced us to put him in.. this guy could be the same.. he could be a guy that forces his way past posey but also i think it should be a high priorty to have someone good behind fletcher.. fletcher has (knock on wood) always been healthy, but if we were to lose him, we could be in trouble.. and fletchers contract is almost done.. so i do see the pick as a need.

We have plenty of people/depth at Guard. Besides, I've seen some reports that say this guy is overrated. I do like mean streaks on the line also - which surprises me at why you picked your Center instead of Richie Incognito. More on him below...
                            we also have plenty of guys we could cut at guard.. the only guards on the roster i think are safe are tucker, anderson, and villarial.. while he is not the most athletic or gifted player.. he has the things i look for.. experience, mean streak, strength, and anchor ability.

I don't think very highly of Munoz. He is just adequate. If he were available in a low rd maybe, but there are better prospects...
                            munoz would be a mid second day guy, and is pretty much what you expect to get that late.. i am not endorsing taking him early. i do think he could be a solid player.. and honestly, i am not real impressed with any of the tackles this year.. if i had to pick my favorite, it would be Barnes from washington, but i dont think he is ready to start now either.. and while barnes is the best pass blocker, he is just too light and weak.. plus, he will probably be gone by our pick. munoz is an option we could explore..i know i would take him over mcfarland.

Richie Incognito might be one of the stronger Centers in the draft besides Jason Brown. This guy is also faster and much meaner. I think I would take a chance with him and hope that as he gets older, he also matures and doesn't become a problem on the field. But if you like guys with mean streaks on the line, this one should be right up your alley!
                            as far as incognito, if the bills like him, then i dont have a problem with the pick.. but the thing is he has very limited center experience.. he is a tackle that does not have the measurables to be a tackle in the nfl. i dont know enough about his smarts to play center.. and he definately needs more experience.. then there is teh whole attitude thing. kicked out of 2 games for fighting.. suspended in 2003, then again for the entire season in 2004.. left school transfer to oregon.. factor in that he hurt his knee (sprain) while at the combine.. i dont know.. something about him just wants the bills to stay away.

Well, after discussing this with LifeTimeBillsFan, I kind of think we should try to sign the A-train instead (assuming we trade TH). This gives us someone with experience and also does not require us to change our philosophy when WM sits.
                            i would be fine with atrain as well.. but mclendon is a nice option that would be considerable less, salary wise.. and we dont know entirely what his upside is.. he may turn out to be a lamont jordan type.. atrain may have already shown the best he is capable of, but i still think he would be a good back up.

i also like Harris.. but he is already 26 i believe.. he was a baseball player for 4 years, and i think he may sneak into the first day of the draft.. i am not for spending a pick that early on a guy.. but i do like him.

As a lower pick, I kind of liked Adell Duckett. Has the speed. Needs to develop better block shedding ability. I don't like Jim Davis b'cse he's inconsistent and...I get the impression that he's not ambitious and a go-getter. That leads me to believe he might not improve much in the pros. I get the opposite impression of Duckett.
                            like i said.. i have watched every game of jim davis's career at tech, being an alum.. he is not inconsistent at all.. he just got moved around.. you cant expect guys to get tons of sacks from the DT spot.. they moved him inside all the time.. and i really would like to know what makes you say is not ambitious or a go-getter?? he was a model player.. played within the team concept and did his best whenever he was moved.. he has a plenty of upside and for this late in the draft, he is a good pick.

I too liked this guy. Of course, there may be some teams that take this guy in the 6th or 7th. I'm kind of thinking that TD will look at the undrafted kickers - just b'cse we need to start getting depth at other positions like LB and S. But if Lindell has another poor season, I think there'll be a kicker change next year!
                            Lloyd doubled at the gophers punter and recently hit several 55 yard bombs for the rams.. he hit a 52 and 54 yarder last year.. i cant find the stats on the outdoor numbers.. maybe that is why he is further down.. i still wouldnt be against giving him a shot.. his biggest attribute is nerves of steel.. a quote from him what "my mom said if i was any more laid back, i would fall over"... he is between the 3rd and 6th ranked kicker on most sites and may very well go undrafted.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                              Comments on a couple of your guys that I have seen play.

Webster - I saw him more than a couple of times and I thought he was slow. Seemed to be a step behind and was getting beat a lot. Maybe it was an off day but I didn't care for him.
                              Jones - he will be gone before #55, but I'm not crazy about converting a player unless he is a late round pick. either way he won't be an option.
                              Munoz - again didn't play particulary well when I watched him. Overrated imo and has a long history of injuries. I hope they don't take this guy.
                              McCune - I like him but not in the 2nd rd. very active, similar to fletcher. Would be nice if he lasted to the 4th rd.
                              McLendon - I wouyld take him as a backup to WM. Big back with some skills but also has injury questions. Not in 2nd rd though. I wouldn't pick a runner until at least the 5th rd.
                              The other players I haven't seen enough to form an opinion either way.
                              i will take websters production.. if you watched him last season, you may have seen him playing with a lingering hammy injury.. he is a 4.45-4.50 guy, so speed is not a huge concern.. 58 touches on the ball are what i am looking at.. ballhawk.

as far as munoz - he blew his knee out in 2001, then hurt his shoulder as a senior.. other than 2 injuries.. am i missing something?

mccune is somewhat like fletcher, but just has more size and speed.. i would take him in the 3rd and be happy as hell.. he is also a special teams ace, which is a big plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X