Rosenhaus trying to get TO a new deal already...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Rosenhaus trying to get TO a new deal already...

I think Terrell Owens is up to his old tricks. Last year, he signed a seven-year, $48 million deal with the Eagles. "That ain't no chump change,'' he told Playboy last season. The contract included an $8.5 million bonus ($2.3 million to sign, $6.2 million in a roster bonus paid last year), with $660,000 in salary. That's $9.16 million last year. He is due $3.25 million in this year; most often with long-term deals, the first two or three years are low on the salary side because the bonus has been healthy. So now Owens hires Drew Rosenhaus, who tells him he's worth more in this market and now they're sniffing around for a new deal.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

That was from Peter King's MMQB, btw.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

If mcgahee performs at the level that TO did at receiver, he can have whatever he wants!

I have no problem paying a game changer like T.O. or hopefuly mcgahee. When a guy can singlehandedly carry a team, he deserves whatever he can get!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

how many years are left on McGahees's contract?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            how many years are left on McGahees's contract?
            Looks like til 2006 with a club option for 2007
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ed
              • Sep 2002

Well if McGahee rushes for 1500-2000 yds and 15+ TD's next season, I don't think it will matter how many years are left on his contract. Rosenhaus will probably demand a huge extension.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Well in the next 3-5 years we will lose either Losman, McGahee or Evans.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                  Well in the next 3-5 years we will lose either Losman, McGahee or Evans.
                  I disagree. TD will prove to people that if the player is worth the big bucks...he will pay. Look at Spikes. Look at Adams. Look at Milloy. Look at Schobel. Look at Fletcher. Look at Moulds. Look at Moorman.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Well i didnt mean so much that TD was unwilling, just simply all 3 I think will be huge names and we eventually simply wont be able to afford them.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• AndreReed83
                      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                      • Mar 2004

I think the main question here is: do these players have to ask for a new humungous contract everytime they have a killer season? I mean, like TO said, he wasn't exactly making chump change in the first place. All those people can say he has heart due to the Superbowl, but if he finds a way to leave the Eagles just for more money, in my opinion, no amount of heart in the world still won't stop him from being a greedy jerk.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                        • Mar 2005

I thought that when McGahee signed, they said something along the lines of "if he performed like a top-5 pick, he'd be paid like one".

To me, a statement like that would indicate that he'd have performance escalators in his contract that are larger than normal and Rosenhaus probably would not want to renegotiate because the escalators may set McGahee up.

Also, for Rosenhaus to ask to renegotiate McGahee's contract would indicate that he signed a bad deal in the first place, and I doubt he wants to admit that.

Comment

Working...
                        X