PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Bruschi's replacement?

lordofgun
04-11-2005, 02:28 PM
<!--StartFragment -->
<!--StartFragment --> The Patriots signed free-agent inside linebacker Monty Beisel from the Chiefs. Beisel's no big star; he started for the first time (nine games) as an NFLer last season when Kansas City middle linebacker Mike Maslowski got hurt. At 6-4, 252 pounds and with pretty good mobility for an inside guy, Beisel could be a starter, depending on what happens with the Patriots in the next couple of months ... especially considering Tedy Bruschi's recent health problems. It's unknown whether Bruschi will play this year, or ever again, after suffering a mild stroke after the Pro Bowl and reportedly undergoing a procedure to repair a hole in his heart. My gut feeling -- though I truly have no inside knowledge of this -- is Bruschi won't play this year. Part of that feeling comes because of Beisel's signing, but only a small part. The Patriots outbid the Chiefs on a two-year deal for Beisel, which tells me he might be more than just an insurance policy in case Bruschi can't play. New England needs to get younger at linebacker, and that this is certainly part of the reason for Beisel's signing. How big a part is something we don't know yet. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/04/11/mmqb.draft/3.html
Pats just seem to always find a way to fill their holes...

The King
04-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Nah, hes just another canidate for a McGahee stiff arm.