PDA

View Full Version : Fish still undecided on who to pick at #2.

lordofgun
04-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Still weighing their options with the second pick in the NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins hosted 17 prospects for interviews this week, and they plan to bring in Utah quarterback Alex Smith for a visit next week. The players brought in aren't necessarily those the Dolphins are most interested in drafting, coach Nick Saban said Thursday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/specials/draft/2005/04/11/dolphins.draft.ap/index.html

jamze132
04-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Why would you bring in someone to take a look at if you don't intend to possibly draft him?

Italian Stallion
04-11-2005, 03:16 PM
There gonna take a a QB....they've been downplaying it so much that it makes me believe thats what their intention is.....even though i'd take Brown

mysticsoto
04-11-2005, 03:28 PM
The better question might be...who do we want them to take? Would we rather they take Ronnie Brown and have to deal with his skills? Or would we rather they take a mediocre QB (QBs in this draft aren't great) and then settle for a 3rd rd RB? Personally that's what I prefer - although, them not taking a RB may mean that Arizona still has a chance at a top 3 RB - which I'm kind of hoping they don't, so they go with a CB...

Michael82
04-11-2005, 04:23 PM
If the Cardinals trade doesn't get done before the draft....I want Miami to take Benson or Brown. This will make the RBs be gone before AZ picks and will help us in the trade.

Devin
04-11-2005, 04:25 PM
lol @ fish.

Dozerdog
04-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Why would you bring in someone to take a look at if you don't intend to possibly draft him?

What happens if someone gives you the farm to trade down? You have to be prepared.

Plus, some of those brought in are probably going to be on the board when the fins draft with the 35th pick or whatever it is in Rd 2

Dozerdog
04-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Still weighing their options with the second pick in the NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins hosted 17 prospects for interviews this week, and they plan to bring in Utah quarterback Alex Smith for a visit next week. The players brought in aren't necessarily those the Dolphins are most interested in drafting, coach Nick Saban said Thursday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/specials/draft/2005/04/11/dolphins.draft.ap/index.html

The 49ers narrowed their top pick to 4 players- so it's understandable why the Dolphins haven't figured out who might be available.

Nublar7
04-11-2005, 05:01 PM
lol @ fish.Um, why? What is wrong with making sure of the best choice before rushing into the pick? Saban is doing everything right. Your post is very confusing because there is nothing to laugh at.

Luisito23
04-11-2005, 05:18 PM
lol fish :posrep: :posrep: :posrep: :posrep:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpdex12
04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
I hope they draft Clarrett with the second pick!:shocked:
There gonna take a a QB....they've been downplaying it so much that it makes me believe thats what their intention is.....even though i'd take Brown

Devin
04-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Um, why? What is wrong with making sure of the best choice before rushing into the pick? Saban is doing everything right. Your post is very confusing because there is nothing to laugh at.

LOL @ the fish because short of arming themselves with weapons it wont make a difference who they choose.

Clearer now? Nice try on the :negrep: btw.

Mr.Right
04-11-2005, 06:42 PM
lol @ fish.
Maybe they will give up their 1st round pick in a 'trade' for QB Drew Bledsoe! :shocked:

nah....
:idea:
No GM would be dumb enough to do something like that.....
:snicker2:

Devin
04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
LOL @ 49ers.

The Spaz
04-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Maybe they will give up their 1st round pick in a 'trade' for QB Drew Bledsoe! :shocked:

nah....

How about them 9iners eh.... :loser: :funny:

Nublar7
04-11-2005, 07:23 PM
LOL @ the fish because short of arming themselves with weapons it wont make a difference who they choose.

Clearer now? Nice try on the :negrep: btw.We are rebuilding, so yeah it will make an impact on our team. Nobody said that Miami is one player away, it will take a few drafts to regain our winning ways.

Devin
04-11-2005, 07:41 PM
winning as in "loosing to the Bills in the first round as usual?"

Samphin1
04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Personally, I think Saban desperately wants to trade out o fthe 2 spot. Their aren't a lot of sure things in this draft but a lot of good players. Quantity in this case, is better than the Quality. A lot of players aren't that far apart so the more picks you have, the better off you are going to be towards rebuilding your team. Usually, you have about 5 top tier guys who people will fall all over themselves to get at. That isn't the case this year.

Personally, I think if Miami stays at number two and assuming San Fran takes Rodgers, that they will draft either Edwards or Brown. Sadly, I have a bad feeling that the whole Ricky fiasco isn't behind us and he might be coming back. I would hate for that to happen and hope to hell he won't. Anyhow, it would be nice to draft a stud RB and somehow get our hands on Adrian McPherson as well. I think he will end up being the best QB in the draft.

Devin
04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Adrian mcpherson is a wildcard but i think your right could be the best easily.

jpdex12
04-11-2005, 08:03 PM

nah....
When is the last winning season that you have had? Get used to sucking balls for a while. You're team would have trouble beating the Mt. Pleasant School of the Blind! BTW, do you have any players on your team that can play more than five minutes without getting hurt?...Rattay, Dorsey, Peterson, Barlow....pussies!
Niners Stink!:fart:

Ickybaluky
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Plus, some of those brought in are probably going to be on the board when the fins draft with the 35th pick or whatever it is in Rd 2

Philadelphia has that pick. Miami traded it for A.J. Feeley.

The Dolphins other Day 1 pick is #70 (6th pick in the 3rd round), which they got from Chicago as part of the Booker/Ogunleye deal.

Miami's 3rd round pick (#66) went to St. Louis for Lamar Gordon.

paladin warrior
04-11-2005, 08:19 PM
i hate dolphins http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/21324100nublar7.jpg

paladin warrior
04-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Um, why? What is wrong with making sure of the best choice before rushing into the pick? Saban is doing everything right. Your post is very confusing because there is nothing to laugh at.and i hate http://www.nflhistoryguide.com/sf/san_francisco.gif and 49ers are gay

Nublar7
04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
winning as in "loosing to the Bills in the first round as usual?"Buffalo would have to make the playoffs for that to happen. Lately, that hasn't happend. :lol:

Philagape
04-11-2005, 09:38 PM

nah....

Even that worked out better than the Owens "trade" did for SF :funny:
Brandon Whiting :roflmao:

Michael82
04-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Philadelphia has that pick. Miami traded it for A.J. Feeley.

The Dolphins other Day 1 pick is #70 (6th pick in the 3rd round), which they got from Chicago as part of the Booker/Ogunleye deal.

Miami's 3rd round pick (#66) went to St. Louis for Lamar Gordon.
Thanks for reminding us. The third pick of the 2nd round for AJ Feeley??? :lmao:

The second pick of the 3rd round for Lamar Gordon??? :roflmao:

Earthquake Enyart
04-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I just hope the fish don't take Nugent. :eek:

NJFINSFAN1
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Personally, I think Saban desperately wants to trade out o fthe 2 spot. Their aren't a lot of sure things in this draft but a lot of good players. Quantity in this case, is better than the Quality. A lot of players aren't that far apart so the more picks you have, the better off you are going to be towards rebuilding your team. Usually, you have about 5 top tier guys who people will fall all over themselves to get at. That isn't the case this year.

Personally, I think if Miami stays at number two and assuming San Fran takes Rodgers, that they will draft either Edwards or Brown. Sadly, I have a bad feeling that the whole Ricky fiasco isn't behind us and he might be coming back. I would hate for that to happen and hope to hell he won't. Anyhow, it would be nice to draft a stud RB and somehow get our hands on Adrian McPherson as well. I think he will end up being the best QB in the draft.
I'm beginning to think if we don't trade down we take Edwards also! Don't know if that's the best pick, but I feel that's where we may end up going!

LifetimeBillsFan
04-13-2005, 12:58 AM

Trading down would be the best thing that the Fish could do to help themselves, but the problem is that nobody really seems interested in trading up. From what I've been reading, both the 49ers and Fish have been looking around for a trade, but haven't been able to find anyone interested in making a deal.

This is not a good year for the Fish to be in the position that they are in with a high 1st rounder and only one other first day pick. (Couldn't happen to a better team IMHO!)

If I had to make a prediction on who they will take, it would be a RB--probably R.Brown--simply because Saban's teams have always been run-oriented (using the run to set up the pass) and I'm sure he knows that the RBs that the Fish have on their roster now just aren't good enough to give him the kind of running game that he needs. The problem is that none of the top three RBs in this draft is likely to become the kind of back that R.Williams was and that the Fish need.