PDA

View Full Version : Tom Donahoe and Tom Modrak Discuss Draft

The_Philster
04-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Buffalo Bills general manager Tom Donahoe and his assistant Tom Modrak are keeping an open mind heading into this year's NFL draft. Buffalo doesn't have a first round pick as the Bills gave it to Dallas a year ago for the right to select quarterback J.P. Losman. ...more (http://www.rnews.com/Sports/TopSports_2004.cfm?cmd=top&ID=26072&rnews_story_type=39&category=3)

jpdex12
04-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Buffalo Bills general manager Tom Donahoe and his assistant Tom Modrak are keeping an open mind heading into this year's NFL draft. Buffalo doesn't have a first round pick as the Bills gave it to Dallas a year ago for the right to select quarterback J.P. Losman. ...more (http://www.rnews.com/Sports/TopSports_2004.cfm?cmd=top&ID=26072&rnews_story_type=39&category=3)
I don't know how it will happen, but don't be suprised to see Buffalo in the first round...say from #20 and on.

What if Miami moved down to SanDiego's #12 pick and SanDiego gives up their #12 and #28 to do so. SanDiego taking Edwards of course. Then Miami gives us their #28 pick for TH and our second rounder next year. Then we grab Carlos Rogers CB with our #28 pick and Roddy White WR with our #55 pick. then whatever happens next year we have at least covered both situations next year with Clements hitting FA and Mould's big cap hit. With a franchise tag on Clements next year if he bolts then we are at least guarenteed a second rounder for him. I think that Moulds might take less to retire a Bill. Then we can go Wesley Britt OT or Chris Colmer OT in the third and Luis Castillo DT in the fourth, maybe Adam Bergen TE in the fifth. Sixth maybe G and seventh LB.

Christ this draft is a crap shoot! I like what we could do if TD pulled off a move into the first ans we keep our second this year. We will have compensatory picks next year and an extra pick(s) maybe with the Clements deal if it goes that way, not to mention more cap room if we don't resign NC or Moulds(restructure).

jpdex12
04-11-2005, 10:19 PM
I don't know how it will happen, but don't be suprised to see Buffalo in the first round...say from #20 and on.

What if Miami moved down to SanDiego's #12 pick and SanDiego gives up their #12 and #28 to do so. SanDiego taking Edwards of course. Then Miami gives us their #28 pick for TH and our second rounder next year. Then we grab Carlos Rogers CB with our #28 pick and Roddy White WR with our #55 pick. then whatever happens next year we have at least covered both situations next year with Clements hitting FA and Mould's big cap hit. With a franchise tag on Clements next year if he bolts then we are at least guarenteed a second rounder for him. I think that Moulds might take less to retire a Bill. Then we can go Wesley Britt OT or Chris Colmer OT in the third and Luis Castillo DT in the fourth, maybe Adam Bergen TE in the fifth. Sixth maybe G and seventh LB.

Christ this draft is a crap shoot! I like what we could do if TD pulled off a move into the first ans we keep our second this year. We will have compensatory picks next year and an extra pick(s) maybe with the Clements deal if it goes that way, not to mention more cap room if we don't resign NC or Moulds(restructure).
There are three teams with multiple first round picks, Dallas, Minnesota & SD. There may be more than two teams that trade around in the first.

ShadowHawk7
04-11-2005, 10:36 PM

No way we get Rogers at 28, heck White is projected to go before 28 in most mocks. Also almost no chance of Castillo lasting till the 4th, he's projected to go mid 2nd round. Then again, there probably no chance we trade our picks in that senario anyway.

jpdex12
04-11-2005, 10:40 PM
No way we get Rogers at 28, heck White is projected to go before 28 in most mocks. Also almost no chance of Castillo lasting till the 4th, he's projected to go mid 2nd round. Then again, there probably no chance we trade our picks in that senario anyway.
It was just a pipe dream. That would have made an awesome draft for us though. If we make it into the first somehow and keep our second, it will still be interesting!

Slim
04-11-2005, 11:04 PM
It was just a pipe dream. That would have made an awesome draft for us though. If we make it into the first somehow and keep our second, it will still be interesting!

it will still be intresting no matter what we do, WERE THE BILLS all of our drafts of recent years have been Controversial

Tatonka
04-12-2005, 12:22 AM
"It could be a linebacker where we thing we have some depth,"

McCune

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-12-2005, 08:56 AM
What is the point of publishing a story with NO NEWS at all?

You could (and would) get that same line from all 32 front offices in the NFL.

weak

BigZ
04-12-2005, 09:00 AM
TD's smoke and mirrors act has begun. I dare say that nobody on this board will guess what Tom will do. My bet is he'll pull off the deal for Shelton, switch places with Arizona in 2nd and get an EXTRA late round pick for Travis Henry. We get Baas, then Nugent in the 2nd.

Now, remember, I said that nobody, including me, will get it right.

:crazy:

DraftBoy
04-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Im not sold on Castillo

jamze132
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
WTF? This draft is going to suck. Why don't we just trade all of our picks for day 1 picks next year. Who needs a draft? :funny:

LifetimeBillsFan
04-13-2005, 12:42 AM
TD's smoke and mirrors act has begun. I dare say that nobody on this board will guess what Tom will do. My bet is he'll pull off the deal for Shelton, switch places with Arizona in 2nd and get an EXTRA late round pick for Travis Henry. We get Baas, then Nugent in the 2nd.

Now, remember, I said that nobody, including me, will get it right.

:crazy:
I think the smoke and mirrors act has been going on for some time now! And, I think that you're more than likely correct about nobody knowing for sure what TD may do. I have a sneaking suspicion that he has an idea of what he wants to do, but that even he isn't sure whether he's going to be able to pull it off or not.

About the only thing that I know for sure is that, come draft day, there are going to be more than a few people here (perhaps including me!) who are going to be moaning and groaning about whatever TD ends up doing!