PDA

View Full Version : My first round mock draft.

gonzo1105
04-11-2005, 09:16 PM
1 San Francisco- Aaron Rodgers QB Cal- San Francisco has narrowed its search down to 4 people. Rodgers is the local boy and is the most polished and ready to step in and the 49ers need an adequate QB.

2 Miami- Alex Smith QB Utah- The consensus is that Miami will take Ronnie Brown, but recently the Dolphins have been showing a great interest in Smith. Smith would give them a QB of the future and could be a nice dual threat in the near future.

3 Cleveland- Braylon Edwards WR Michigan- Edwards is a big physical receiver and will be a good selection for Romeo Crennel and staff. He'll be a good WR for Trent Dilfer and the future QB they draft.

4 Chicago- Ronnie Brown RB Auburn- Scouts are questioning him never as a starter in college. You can't knock Browns physical attributes of 233 pounds and 4.4 speed. Chicago desperately needs anything on offense and Brown is a good start.

5 Tampa Bay- Mike Williams WR USC- Gruden is absolutely fascinated with Mike Williams. Williams is a big receiver who is physical and can shield defenders aways from the ball and will be a good tandom with Clayton.

6 Tennessee- Antrel Rolle CB Miami- Rolle is just what the Titans need and they need a lot on the defensive side of the ball. Rolle has adequate speed and is good in coverage.

7 Minnesota (from Oakland)- Troy Williamson WR South Carolina- Williamson has very good speed but is kind of raw and will have to work on his route running but easily could be a good replacement for Randy Moss.

8 Arizona- Adam Jones CB West Virginia- This is assuming that Travis Henry is traded to the Cards. Jones posseses good cover skill but is not as physical as Antrel Rolle but still will be a pretty good corner

9 Washington- Derrick Johnson LB Texas- This pick will replace the departing Antonio Pierce, and will just strengthen the defense. Johnson is one of the better defensive prospects in the draft and will fit in with the Defensive oriented Redskins.

10 Detroit- Shawne Merriman DE/OLB Maryland- Merriman has projected himself as a possible higher pick. He could easily fit in as a 4-3 down lineman or 3-4 OLB. The Lions need to add to their defense after offensive oriented drafts in the past.

11 Dallas- Alex Barron OT Florida State- With the top 2 defensive players off the board and with their need to protect the immobile Bledsoe, the Cowboys pick up the best OT by far in the draft with the athletic but big Barron.

12 San Diego (from NY Giants)- Marcus Spears DE LSU- Spears is a 300 pound DE and is a good run stopper who can get to the passer on occasion. He will have to work on his pass rush but should be a good fit for the San Diego defense.

13 Houston- Carlos Rogers CB Auburn- With Barron off the board, Rogers presents the best value at a pick of need. The team picked up Duante Robinson last year in the first round and Rogers and him will make a great tandem for many years to come.

14 Carolina- Carnell Williams RB Auburn- Williams is relieved to be off the board with this pick. Williams is big but also very shifty and will replace Davis as the starting back by midseason. He will also help Delhomme in the passing game.

15 Kansas City- Erasmus James DE Wisconsin- Disappointed the Rogers is off the board, the Chiefs go after some beef upfront with James. James is a solid pass rusher and can stop the run as well.

16 New Orleans- Travis Johnson DT Florida State- The Saints can use all kind of help in the middle of their D-line, and Johnson is the best DT in this year's class. Johnson though undersized is very quick and could give offensive lineman fits.

17 Cincinnati- Matt Roth DE Iowa- Roth is one of those high motor guys who never stops, something that Marvin Lewis likes. Roth could replace Justin Smith who is a FA after this year and could be pretty good in the first year of the league.

18 Minnesota- David Pollack DE Georgia- Pollack saw his stock plummet at the beginning of the process but it has regained some legs and he will finish off what has been a very successful defensive offseason for the Vikings. Pollack can step in right away his rookie season and give the Vikings a threat opposite of Udeze.

19 St. Louis- Channing Crowder LB Florida- The Rams have all kinds of problems with their LB core. They couldn't stop the run at all last year and Crowder could play either inside or outside for the Rams and will definetely help in this area.

20 Dallas (from Buffalo)- Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma- Clayton will give Bledsoe another target to go along with Keyshawn Johnson. Clayton runs excellent routes and has pretty good speed. He could start for the Cowboys from day 1.

21 Jacksonville- Justin Miller CB Clemson- The Jaguars have a pretty good safety and corner in Donovan Darius and Reshean Mathis, but having pretty much nothing after that. Miller is a speedster who can start opposite of Mathis and provide the team with some stability in their secondary.

22 Baltimore- Roddy White WR UAB- White is a tall lean receiver who found ways to get open at UAB. Despite the signing of Derrick Mason this team needs as many targets as possible.

23 Seattle- Cedric Benson RB Texas- With the uncertainty of Alexander, and the recent average workouts by Benson this is not exactly a need pick but pretty good value at this point. I feel Benson will have a Deuce McAllister fall in this draft.

24 Green Bay- Josh Bullocks S Nebraska- With the loss of Darren Sharper, the Packers are desperate for a solid safety in their backfield. Bullocks and Pool are very close but I give the edge to Bullock who appears to be the more complete safety.

25 Denver- Dan Cody DE Oklahoma- Cody has slid down some boards because he is considered a tweener. With the losses of Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward they need to get some help on the D-line and the Cleveland rejects aren't gonna do the job.

26 New York Jets- Khalif Barnes OT Washington- The Jets could use a guy at tackle and Barnes has appeared to have moved ahead of Brown on a lot of teams boards. While raw Barnes can develop into possibly the best OT in this years class.

27 Atlanta- Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma- With Barnes off the board the Falcons take the next best tackle. Brown will be a solid blocker for the mobile Michale Vick and the Falcons need help on their line.

28 San Diego- DeMarcus Ware OLB Troy State- Ware would definetely be an OLB in San Diego, and the Chargers have had a pretty solid first round with both Spears the run stopper and Ware the pass rusher.

29 Indianapolis- Shaun Cody DT USC- Cody has simply dominated offensive lines while in college. Cody would be an instant starter for the Colts D-line and will be one on one a lot with Dwight Freeney on the outside.

30 Pittsburgh- Heath Miller TE Virginia- Even if Heath Miller has a hernia problem the Steelers are one of the few teams that can be willing to wait on such a talent like Miller. Miller would provide Roethlisberger a target down the middle of the field.

31S Philadelphia- Kevin Burnett LB Tennessee- Burnett has been soaring up the draft charts recently and is now the # 3 rated LB in the draft and the Eagles could use some help on the outside for Trotter in the middle.

32S New England- David Baas C/G Michigan- The Patriots continue to get good talent at the bottom of the round and they make their line stronger with Baas. Baas is mean and could become a pro bowl lineman within a couple years.

Bills Picks:

2nd round - Corey Webster CB LSU
3rd round- Ray Willis OT FSU
4th round- Sione Pouha DT Utah
5th round- Joel Dreesen TE Colorado State
6th round- Lionel Gates RB Louisville
7th round- Chris Myers C Miami.

Italian Stallion
04-11-2005, 11:57 PM
very nice man.....i agree that one of the backs will fall far down like deuce did a few years back :posrep: :posrep: :posrep:

clumping platelets
04-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Benson is more likely to be that RB to fall IMO

I just finished a mock at GangGreen....I took CB Corey Webster in rd 2 :D

clumping platelets
04-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Now that I just rec'd my Ourlads guide, I will be posting a 2 or 3 rd mock very soon :couch:

Tatonka
04-12-2005, 12:14 AM
good work bud.. tell me about willis.. he is a RT correct?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-12-2005, 05:36 AM
You know I just heard on the Afternoon Blitz yesterday that the Browns might be looking at S. Merrimen at that pick. I don't know if I can argue with that. Maryland being one of two schools that run the 3-4 defense and Cronnel is most likely looking to switch his D to the 3-4. Makes sense.

The Spaz
04-12-2005, 07:22 AM
good work bud.. tell me about willis.. he is a RT correct?

He can play both. He's huge 6'5" 325 Florida State.

The Spaz
04-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Benson is more likely to be that RB to fall IMO

I just finished a mock at GangGreen....I took CB Corey Webster in rd 2 :D

You didn't take a 2nd day LB over Logan Mankins did you?

Uncle Jesse
04-12-2005, 08:20 AM
I can't see Williams going to the Panthers. Thats the only thing i see really differnt.

DraftBoy
04-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Very nice 1st round mock

gonzo1105
04-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm a big fan of FSU. Willis could very well be a LT in the NFL but Barron was at FSU and is very athletic. Willis is more of a mauler then a pass blocker, but gets the job done in pass protection. He could easily start by his 2nd year in the NFL as a LT and could very well be the best lineman the Bills have if they were to draft him.