PDA

View Full Version : when will the training camp schedule be released?

OpIv37
04-12-2005, 09:29 AM
My wife and I want to head up to Roch for a few days to see some practices. Is it difficult to get autographs at camp?

Italian Stallion
04-12-2005, 09:36 AM
My wife and I want to head up to Roch for a few days to see some practices. Is it difficult to get autographs at camp?

Nah man, it's fairly easy as long as your lucky enough to not have a swarm of little kids around you. I think the players are told that the kids should get their stuff signed first......

But with about 5-10 mins left of practice, go to the far left side fence and hold out some of your stuff, and some players will come over...

Also, there is one day at camp, usually after a night practice, when they have autograph lines for every single player, with little number signs indicating which line to get in, but its only for an hour....thats the best way to get them....I got JP, Lee Evans, Milloy, and Mike Williams.....

Let me know if you need any more info, i go all the time :peace:

OpIv37
04-12-2005, 09:45 AM
gee, an Italian in Rochester, who would've thought? Thanks for the info- good stuff, man.

Italian Stallion
04-12-2005, 09:47 AM
gee, an Italian in Rochester, who would've thought? Thanks for the info- good stuff, man.

hahaha yeah your welcome man... :whistle:

Michael82
04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Okay, I'm the king of training camp. I go there everyday and am the official BillsZone Training Camp Reporter. I even had John Guy come up to me and ask me what I was doing last year and he took a look at my notebook. :scared:

You have the perfect fence picked out, but you really gotta stay there and watch the practice from there or you won't get close enough to the fence for autographs. Also, don't expect the big name players to come over often, especially the last week or so of training camp. The players get annoyed and stop doing that. They also send different groups of players to the fence each day, different positions. Watch for that. But you will mainly get the rookies and younger players who don't have big egos. JP Losman and Lee Evans may keep doing it, unless they get the same kind of attitude that the veterans have. The best place for autographs IMO is at the bus stop area. They have a roped off area right next to where the buses drop people off. Fans stay there and try to get the players to stop by on their way to the dorms. It does work, especially when it's a small group at the bus stop area. Ralph and TD even stopped there last year. :up:

As far as the night session...there is 2 night practices. You need tickets to get into it. They are free and easy to get. With the night practices, at the end there is a 30 minute autograph session. If you want the big name players, you have to wait in line and miss practice. But you could always watch the practice and make a run for it when there is like 15 min to go. That's what I usually do. The night practice is good for me to get a bunch of players at once. I go to the lines that are small and bounce from line to line. Those are my tips. I am there all the time. Let me know if you need any help. The schedule probably won't come out until at least May or June. Training Camp starts sometime around the last week of July and ends in the middle of August.

Michael82
04-12-2005, 02:25 PM
:up:

justasportsfan
04-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Okay, I'm the king of training camp. yup, kings sleep a lot.

Michael82
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM
yup, kings sleep a lot.
:ontome: :snooze:

Bulldog
04-12-2005, 02:50 PM
:up:

Am I seeing things, or did you just give yourself a thumbs up?

ryjam282
04-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey Justa, we still on for the Spikes thing we tried last year? :up:

Michael82
04-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey Justa, we still on for the Spikes thing we tried last year? :up:
Maybe he'll lose it again.... :funny:

ryjam282
04-13-2005, 09:22 AM
LOL, I hope not...That must have been rough...He is going to be wearing it this year. I just hope he doesn't stick it up to high heaven...:)

Michael82
04-13-2005, 09:38 AM
LOL, I hope not...That must have been rough...He is going to be wearing it this year. I just hope he doesn't stick it up to high heaven...:)
He didn't actually lose it. We got it signed and then him and I put it up on ebay. We got some good money too. Thanks for paying for my season tickets. :snicker:

:ontome:

:jk: :calm:

OpIv37
04-13-2005, 09:46 AM
what the hell are you guys talking about?

ryjam282
04-13-2005, 09:49 AM
He didn't actually lose it. We got it signed and then him and I put it up on ebay. We got some good money too. Thanks for paying for my season tickets. :snicker:

:ontome:

:jk: :calm:

Not very funny..... :posrep: :negrep: I was believing that too....J/k. I hope one of you can get it this year, that Bledsoe one from last year isn't going to get me much play this year. Unless I paint a big star on it. ;)