PDA

View Full Version : Owens' Jabb at McNabb

juice
04-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Owens dumped his former agent and jumped on board with Rosehaus the Super Agent. While commenting on recent media reports out of Philly that he was late to Team Meetings leading up to the SB and that he had fallen asleep during meetings in the regular season, T.O. took a shot at the Losing SB QB.

"I'm not the one that got tired during the SuperBowl"

Many in the media speculate that the reason for his hiring SuperAgent Drew was to get a reworked contract T.O. wouldn't comment on the issue except to say that "He came to play every Sunday".. very few can argue against that point after his super human effort in the SB.

If he is looking for more money he totally deserves to be heard on the subject and Rosenhaus will see that his client gets every cent coming. After all the talk about this guy being a distraction in the locker room and not being a team player he left it all on the field throughout the season and did everything possible to win the SB except run the ball which was missing from McNabbs' game, perhaps because of fatigue.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7474973/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7474973/)

Bulldog
04-12-2005, 12:00 PM
I used to tolerate Owens and all his antics, because when all the chips are down, he's going to make "the play". Owens is a tough SOB, as demostrated in the SB last year. But first, he had his public feud with the 49ers organization and Jeff Garcia in particular. I really did'nt think too much about it. After all, he's not the first player to ever call out his QB. Then there was the whole ordeal with Owens demanding the Ravens to trade him to the Eagles prior to the season. And know this little shot at McNabb. I see a trend developing and Owens would be wise to shut his mouth and honor the contract that he was more than willing to sign last year. The Eagles are clearly McNabb's team, and I can think of no better way to piss of all of your teamates than to take public shots at "the man".

ryjam282
04-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Yeah, that is a joke. I can't believe he came out and said that. This guy is just a ******.

juice
04-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah, that is a joke. I can't believe he came out and said that. This guy is just a ******.What's a joke is the way that McNabb perfomed in the SB.. up until the SB I would've said McNabb was the teams MVP last season, after Donovan's game performance I'd have to say that T.O. was the one making the plays while McNabb coughed up his cookies.

I'd call him anything but a ******, T.O. is putting his agent in a position to rework his contract with the Philly Brass.. Eagles brass knows what a shark Rosenhaus can be and what headache an unhappy TO can be in the locker room.

Nothing new to the organization, they knew what type of player and attitude they were getting when they struck the deal to bring him to Philly.

BuffaloRanger
04-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Can teams rework players contracts after bad seasons? It's called a contract for a reason. Should he should give back some money for missing games last year? Of course not. Then he should play out his contract too.

Juice is right. TO is what he is.

DynaPaul
04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning... What's the difference? They're both the same choke artist.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Contract re-negotiations should not be permitted by the NFL, period. Both players and owners should have to stick to the contracts.

This re-negotiation stuff is just out of hand.

As for TO's comment.....what else would you expect from the most immature, selfish, narrow-minded WR to ever play the game? TO is a piece of garbage and the league will be much better when he crashes and burns.
I hope McNabb leaves him hanging over the middle more often.

NJFINSFAN1
04-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Can teams rework players contracts after bad seasons? It's called a contract for a reason. Should he should give back some money for missing games last year? Of course not. Then he should play out his contract too.

Juice is right. TO is what he is.

Well said!!!:clap:

juice
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Contract re-negotiations should not be permitted by the NFL, period. Both players and owners should have to stick to the contracts.

This re-negotiation stuff is just out of hand.

As for TO's comment.....what else would you expect from the most immature, selfish, narrow-minded WR to ever play the game? TO is a piece of garbage and the league will be much better when he crashes and burns.
I hope McNabb leaves him hanging over the middle more often.You can hardly blame him for being a major player in the game, by hiring Rosehaus he might double his salary next season and there is little that the Philly Brass can do but pay him unless they want to find out the meaning of a lockerroom cancer.

The best reciever in the game has hired the best Sports agent in the game which will probably result in TO being one of the highest paid players in the game.

"Take on the bull you'll get the horns" the Eagles Front office had to know that if Owens had an MVP type season that he would be looking to be paid the largest salary of any WR in the League.

TO is a high risk investment that resulted in high dividends for the Eagles - He did his part to win a SB for the Philly fans, he was brought in to get them past the Conference Championship game, now he's forcing them to compensate him for risking his career to play in the Bowl with a broken wheel.

It wasn't his fault that they didn't win the SuperBowl it was McNabbs' - he should've run the ball instead of throwing it up for grabs.

NJFINSFAN1
04-13-2005, 11:30 AM
You can hardly blame him for being a major player in the game, by hiring Rosehaus he might double his salary next season and there is little that the Philly Brass can do but pay him unless they want to find out the meaning of a lockerroom cancer.

The best reciever in the game has hired the best Sports agent in the game which will probably result in TO being one of the highest paid players in the game.

"Take on the bull you'll get the horns" the Eagles Front office had to know that if Owens had an MVP type season that he would be looking to be paid the largest salary of any WR in the League.

TO is a high risk investment that resulted in high dividends for the Eagles - He did his part to win a SB for the Philly fans, he was brought in to get them past the Conference Championship game, now he's forcing them to compensate him for risking his career to play in the Bowl with a broken wheel.

It wasn't his fault that they didn't win the SuperBowl it was McNabbs' - he should've run the ball instead of throwing it up for grabs.
But in turn, if they give him more money, they hurt the team around him by killing the salary cap, hense never getting back to the Suberbowl.

He was thought of being one of the top two Wr's in the game (along with Moss) when he signed this contract, he hired his old agent. He signed the deal. Now I say he needs to live with it!

Bulldog
04-13-2005, 01:39 PM
You can hardly blame him for being a major player in the game, by hiring Rosehaus he might double his salary next season and there is little that the Philly Brass can do but pay him unless they want to find out the meaning of a lockerroom cancer.

If T.O. wanted a new contract this year, perhaps he should have signed a one year deal last year. Nobody put a gun to T.O. and made him sign that contract. He signed it and know he needs to deal with it.