PDA

View Full Version : Question

RetroRaiders81
04-12-2005, 11:54 AM
What are the positions would you suggest to draft first?

Ebenezer
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
that is totally up to you...you want a QB first go for it...a CB first go for it...you build your team.

RetroRaiders81
04-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks, I heard somewhere that you shouldn't draft a QB in the first round unless its a Manning...which I have the oppurtunity to get. Can I PM you my pick early b/c i'll be in school?

Devin
04-12-2005, 12:41 PM
yes you can pm picks to Eb.

It really just depends on how you intend to build your team. As this will hopefully be a very long term thing, you may want to focus on youth, or the salary cap in preparing for future seasons. If your goal is to win right away you will want to grab another 1-2 first rounders and build a beast of a team immediatley.

If you go by madden formula QB/RB/WR will be your first picks.

The beauty of this league is that your the boss, build how you like!

L.A. Playa
04-12-2005, 02:56 PM
winning now and later should be everyone's goal

L.A. Playa
04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
I plan on spending every cent of my $85 million

R. Rich
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I plan on getting Mike Nugent. That's all you need to win is a great kicker. Of course, he won't be able to play until next year (if I read it right, rookies won't be active until the following season), but at least I'll know I have a league championship coming to me.

Ebenezer
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I plan on getting Mike Nugent. That's all you need to win is a great kicker. Of course, he won't be able to play until next year (if I read it right, rookies won't be active until the following season), but at least I'll know I have a league championship coming to me.
you can select Nugent if you wish...in the rookie draft...not the stocking draft!

Ebenezer
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I plan on spending every cent of my $85 million
just remember if you want to make trades later that they have to fit into the salary cap constraints.

Devin
04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
but they arent active til the following season, because they arent on disk yes?

Ebenezer
04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks, I heard somewhere that you shouldn't draft a QB in the first round unless its a Manning...which I have the oppurtunity to get. Can I PM you my pick early b/c i'll be in school?
you can PM me a list at any time you please...once the draft is open you may also indicate that you want to pass certain rounds.

Ebenezer
04-12-2005, 04:05 PM
but they arent active til the following season, because they arent on disk yes?
correct...they were in college and thus, don't exist.

L.A. Playa
04-12-2005, 04:10 PM
trades ?? for some reason i think that for me to make a trade someone will have to knock my socks off with an offer I'd like to see how my team does the first year and correct my mistakes going into year 2, here is a question do we establish our own playbooks?? or does computer automatically determine that ???

Ebenezer
04-12-2005, 04:12 PM
trades ?? for some reason i think that for me to make a trade someone will have to knock my socks off with an offer I'd like to see how my team does the first year and correct my mistakes going into year 2, here is a question do we establish our own playbooks?? or does computer automatically determine that ???
we are simming the games...the computer will do that...in the future, if we decided to play head to head, you can pick your own plays...i don't know if you can make your own plays. To play head-to-head, each member of the league has to buy the game at $49.99.

L.A. Playa
04-12-2005, 04:16 PM
sounds good, because if you had to play by a certain playbook that could determine on how or who you draft, how many recievers, etc., I know i may be asking questions I read in the constitution but lets say your first three picks are all WR's for some insane reason and they are all All Pro's do u decide or does the computer decide who starts and who is the # 3 reciever ??

Ebenezer
04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
sounds good, because if you had to play by a certain playbook that could determine on how or who you draft, how many recievers, etc., I know i may be asking questions I read in the constitution but lets say your first three picks are all WR's for some insane reason and they are all All Pro's do u decide or does the computer decide who starts and who is the # 3 reciever ??
you will set your lineup each week...there will be various things for you to set...short yardage, 3rd down, etc.

Forward_Lateral
04-13-2005, 07:09 AM

Punter.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Punter.
In that case it would be Lechler, or how 'bout a Janikowski? The raiders have the best kicking duo in the league!

Michael82
04-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Don't forget that both the OL and DL are very important in this league. If you draft Peyton Manning or Shaun Alexander...be prepared to build a good line for them too.

Forward_Lateral
04-13-2005, 11:47 AM
In that case it would be Lechler!

:negrep: Dont' be stupid.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 03:25 PM
:negrep: Dont' be stupid.
Aww come on, your not telling me Mooreman's better are you? Lechler holds the record for longest punt avg, not just that but has a unique style for having the ball drop inside the 5 and stay, and besides...I said best kicking DUO.

:negrep:

Forward_Lateral
04-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Aww come on, your not telling me Mooreman's better are you? Lechler holds the record for longest punt avg, not just that but has a unique style for having the ball drop inside the 5 and stay, and besides...I said best kicking DUO.

:negrep:

That fatass Lechler wouldn't avg 30 yards per punt if he kicked in Buffalo. Gimme a break.

:negrep: again.

Sportsuser101
04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
That fatass Lechler wouldn't avg 30 yards per punt if he kicked in Buffalo. Gimme a break.

No one ever seems to bring that into the equation when they're talking about punters and kickers but its a huge factor.

Devin
04-14-2005, 02:17 PM
I just thought "that fatass Lechler" was funny.

Devin
04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
14.3 You can't have more than $70 million in future contracted salary at any time and you can't have more than $85 million in present-day salary during the season in play.

Does the above mean I cant sign a player for 10mil per season at 7 seasons?

Michael82
04-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Which is rated higher on this game? A top notch QB or top notch RB?

RetroRaiders81
04-14-2005, 09:32 PM

lol, they are pretty hefty. In last years pictures, Lechler looked like a piggy, and Seabass looked like a jack-o-lantern with that :D smile, but hey, I think it might start a trend...those guys can kick.

Ebenezer
04-14-2005, 10:00 PM
14.3 You can't have more than $70 million in future contracted salary at any time and you can't have more than $85 million in present-day salary during the season in play.

Does the above mean I cant sign a player for 10mil per season at 7 seasons?
no...that means that next season when we hand out long term contracts you have to have less than $85mil for 2006 and less than $70 mil for 2007 committed.

Ebenezer
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Which is rated higher on this game? A top notch QB or top notch RB?
that will also depend on the offensive line you put in front of them and the WR you choose to throw to. Draft crap for an offensive line and you won't have a running game.