• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Brown could be released

Seahawks | Brown Could be Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:15:10 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks could decide to release LB Chad Brown this year as he is due $4.2 million in salary next season. The club has been attempting to restructure his contract to $1 million, but Brown has only been willing to reduce it to $2 million. Brown counts $5.1 million against the team's salary cap this year and if released, that figure will be slashed to about $2.75 million.

this is a guy that TD could take a hard look at, being that he drafted him. he would be a great addition to our defense at a reasonable price, and can rush the passer better than posey.

what do you guys think?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
    this is a guy that TD could take a hard look at, being that he drafted him. he would be a great addition to our defense at a reasonable price, and can rush the passer better than posey.

what do you guys think?
    It depends...are they going to put him in a position to rush the passer more than Posey?
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

I remember last year the Bills picked up Jason Gildon, but at the end of training camp decided to drop Gildon and elected to keep other young linebackers to help out the special teams units, which finished first in the league. I think at this point Chad Brown wouldn't bring more to the table than Stamer, Crowell, Haggan, or Stevenson.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

How old is Brown?

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

I like this idea actually....usually any time a player gets released there's at least one post saying that the Bills should sign him, but this one actually makes sense.

He could push Posey for playing time and add some obviously depth...one question though, can he play in a 3-4? I know thats not our base defense, but as an occasional front, with him added, we could be even more succesfull
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
            Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            How old is Brown?
            He's at least 35, so he's up there. Still pretty decent though, if any team goes after him, it would be the Raiders I would think.
            The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I say only for league min. He is pretty old.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

He only had 1 sack last year.. Posey can do that.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                  Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                  • Mar 2005

He was injured for awhile wasn't he? Besides, thats my point, Raiders right now will take anyone.
                  The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• footballhottie
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RetroRaiders81
                    He was injured for awhile wasn't he? Besides, thats my point, Raiders right now will take anyone.
                    Didnt he break a rib or something?

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Depending on how much he wants I would love to have him in place of Posey.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

Yeah it would be a nice upgrade but I don't think we should spend alot on him. Our LB corp is probably the best in the league and yes LOLB is a spot that we could use an upgrade but he is an average LOLB when you look at other LBs. We can afford to have an average LOLB when you take a look at the top talented Spikes and Fletcher.

If he comes cheap I am all for Brown but he is injured too much and is getting up there in age but when he does play he is in the upper half of the LOLB in the league. In 2001 his last full season he had 106 tackles, 8 1/2 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles.
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                          Yeah it would be a nice upgrade but I don't think we should spend alot on him. Our LB corp is probably the best in the league and yes LOLB is a spot that we could use an upgrade but he is an average LOLB when you look at other LBs. We can afford to have an average LOLB when you take a look at the top talented Spikes and Fletcher.

If he comes cheap I am all for Brown but he is injured too much and is getting up there in age but when he does play he is in the upper half of the LOLB in the league. In 2001 his last full season he had 106 tackles, 8 1/2 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles.
                          The problem, as I see it, is that his last full season was 2001.

I don't think that he offers enough that I would replace Posey with him or that I would drop one of our young LBs--who are important contributors on special teams--in favor of what he could bring to the team at this stage. Even for the vet minimum.

Think about this: we're talking about replacing an OLB who our defensive coaches have consistently praised for doing everything they have asked of him (even if he hasn't put up the kind of stats that impress some fans) with an aging, injury-prone guy who hasn't played a full season since 2001, whose sacks in his last full season are very similar to those put up by Posey the year before he came to the Bills. Is Posey really that bad that you would bring this guy in to replace him? Would you sacrifice what Stamer, Crowell and Haggan bring to our special teams to have him play occasionally in Posey's place?
                          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            • May 2004

Chad Brown was good 5 years ago....but he is probably only 1 or 2 seasons from retirement, and has very little left in the tank.

Look for him to sign with a team that can afford him as a role player....we certainly can't afford that.
                            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

He wouldn't have anymore production than Posey.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍