PDA

View Full Version : My take on the Henry-Shelton Deal

Scumbag College
04-12-2005, 07:45 PM
If it happens, I would want something in addition to LJ Shelton. I really don't want this guy starting at LT this year, I think it would be a step down from moving TT from C to LT and having someone like Ross Tucker or a mid round draft pick starting at C.

I think the best case scenario for trading Henry would be on draft day for a late second-early third round pick to a team that didn't get a RB that was looking for one, or for another young veteran to a team in which TH can start for and the Bills can get a player at a need position who can start over a player on our roster or a second or third round draft pick (LT, C, TE, DT, or possibly a CB or third WR.)

Yet another trade Henry for Shelton post! :negrep:

OpIv37
04-13-2005, 06:27 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again- Shelton'sn't God's gift to offensive linemen, but he's a huge improvement over what we have. Doing what you suggest involves an O line that would have two players playing out of position and possibly a 2nd-round draft pick starting as a rookie. I'd rather have Shelton. McNally's good but you can't build a house on a foundation of sand.

That being said, holding out for a draft day trade with a team that can't get the RB it wants is not a bad idea. In fact it could be exactly what TD is doing- waiting until the end of the first round before signing the deal with AZ to see if a better offer presents itself.