PDA

View Full Version : Comments On Tatonka's Draft Preview

LifetimeBillsFan
04-13-2005, 01:28 AM
I just wanted to compliment Tatonka on his draft preview article.

I was pleasantly surprised to see several players that I have on my list of players that I would not be unhappy seeing in a Bills uniform on his list--including some later round guys like S.Mruczkowski, TAMcClendon, M.Munoz and C.Keamoeatu. I thought that Davis was a particularly inspired selection--a guy that had me going, "Yeah, you're right, I hadn't thought about him, but he's played well whenever I've watched Va. Tech play".

The choice and info on C.Webster was a revelation for me. He makes a lot of sense for the Bills if they feel that they are going to have to replace N.Clements.

While I'm not enamoured of older guys, like R.McCune, my only real objection to the players on Tatonka's list is with K Rhys Lloyd. It's not that I object to the Bills taking a kicker in the later rounds of this year's draft--we all know that R.Lindell is a liability to the offense--but because I think that there are a couple of other kickers who should be available in the later rounds of the draft that I think would be better suited to kicking in the winds of Buffalo than Lloyd, who spent most of his college career kicking in a dome for Minnesota. Dave Rayner of Michigan State and Tyler Jones of Boise State are both kickers who have excelled while kicking in conditions much more like those a kicker would have to deal with in Buffalo. This is a deep draft for kickers, so, even if the Bills do not draft a kicker, it is very possible that they could sign one as a UFA after the draft who could give Lindell a real run for his money.

Still, all things considered, that's really nit-picking and I think that Tatonka really deserves to be applauded for his well-thought through post!!!

Tatonka
04-13-2005, 08:29 AM
wow.. thanks man.. i really appreciate that.

just a quick comment on lloyd.. while i agree that he is not an experienced outside kicker.. the thing that really drew me to him is his reputation for ALWAYS nailing the kicks that count.. which is our issue with lindell.. i wont be unhappy with any of the kickers that you listed, although i think that rayner goes a little earlier.. but jones should be there.

:bravo:

:posrep: