Anyone else notice that Willis is getting tons of attention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Anyone else notice that Willis is getting tons of attention?

He seems to be in the media almost daily lately. Yet, no other Bills are. Any reason for this in particular?

Is the general feeling around the league and its fans that he is on the verge of a breakout season?
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

He's the next Marshall Faulk. No doubt about it.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Last year was his Breakout season, this year with a solid group of lineman in front of him many are expecting him to be one of the League's leading rushers - anything short of an All Pro season will be a step back barring time missed due to injury.

Willis is the reason this team might get a Monday Night game or a couple of Sunday night games - People wanting to see him fully recovered from that knee injury will be a huge ratings draw.

I can already see ESPN running that Fiesta Bowl footage to show what he had to come back from.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

he's the feel good story of the year. America loves when someone overcomes adversity.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

To be honest, we don't have any player the media loves...but hopefully that'll become Willis.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• McGee
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
            To be honest, we don't have any player the media loves...but hopefully that'll become Willis.
            Jon Dorenbos seems to get alot of media attention for overcoming his rough childhood and being a professional magician... his story's been told enough times on ESPN and E!

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Looks like Willis' agent (Drew Rosenhaus, right?) is trying to make him somewhat of a personality, or 'face' of the Buffalo Bills, being a young guy, star player, skill position, overcoming adversity, etc. I think Lee Evans and J.P. Losman will have that opportunity too with some more good play.

Jon

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Well you must remember that had he not been injured he would have been a top three pick.

Comment

Working...
                X