PDA

View Full Version : Oh no...Check out this quote from Willis

Michael82
04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
:scared:
Mike: Is Buffalo a place you could realy see spending a majority of your career?

Willis McGahee: (1:56 PM ET ) If they pay me.

Willis McGahee: (1:56 PM ET ) If they pay to keep me, yes.

And this....

Jesten WI: In your opinon who is the best player in the NFL right now?

Willis McGahee: (1:57 PM ET ) That would have to be Willis McGahee.

Then don't forget who his agent is.... :nervous:

Mr. Miyagi
04-13-2005, 01:00 PM
That Rosenhaus guy is bad influence I tell you. :cynic:

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:02 PM
That Rosenhaus guy is bad influence I tell you. :cynic:
The good news is that he is locked THRU 2007. The bad news is that he will probably want a BIG raise next offseason.

Meathead
04-13-2005, 01:06 PM
He looks like a budding superstar to me.

The Bills will just have to pay him like one come next season.

Devin
uggggggh.

Someones head has inflated quite a bit. So much for us "taking a chance".

Michael82
Here's another nice one. I bet Rosenhaus is there typing for him. :ill:

ben (ny): if you play really well this season will you ask to renegotiate your contract?

Willis McGahee: (2:05 PM ET ) I don't know, Ben. You will have to wait and see.

Devin
04-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Technically they have no muscle. He is locked in for the next 2 seasons, although I thought he had a 5 year deal?

Devin
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Willis kinda seems like a dick, or just not very educated. Likely a combination of both.

ryjam282
04-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, he isn't the smartest guy in the world. I have seen him out in Miami on a few occasions. He can sure hit the hole though.

Meathead
04-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Technically they have no muscle. He is locked in for the next 2 seasons
Doesn't matter.

A superstar RB can cripple a team if he holds out. Just can't replace that value. So if he does even a little better this season as he did during his starts last year he'll be top 3 and due a big raise.

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:11 PM
You should see his replies. I can understand why he sucked on the Wonderlic. :rofl:

Pride
04-13-2005, 01:12 PM
I really doubt this is actually Willis talking. I am sure it is just someone he pays to do the chat.

I am not worried about him.

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Doesn't matter.

A superstar RB can cripple a team if he holds out. Just can't replace that value. So if he does even a little better this season as he did during his starts last year he'll be top 3 and due a big raise.
and TD better pony it up.

justasportsfan
04-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Santana Moss and another redskins new player didn't show up for camp because they want a new contract. Just like TO, Rosenhaus is their agent. I think the NFL owners should band together and not deal w/ him.

Jeff1220
04-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Why do they take questions like this:

Jacks (Cali)
Do you think Biggie was responsible for Tupac's death and got what was coming in the end?

WILLIS MCGAHEE
I have no idea.

But they don't take my legit football questions. :fury:

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Santana Moss and another redskins new player didn't show up for camp because they want a new contract. Just like TO, Rosenhaus is their agent. I think the NFL owners should band together and not deal w/ him.
I agree, but the problem is that he already is tied up with a ton of big name players.

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Why do they take questions like this:

But they don't take my legit football questions. :fury:

These questions are ****ing ridiculous. It seems like they are taking a ton of moron questions from non Bills fans. I have been sending in tons and he hasn't answered any of them. :mad:

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:20 PM
And this is the last question....

PJ ((GC,OH)): In your opinion who was the BEST running back ever to come out of Miami?

Willis McGahee: (2:19 PM ET ) WILLIS MCGAHEE!

Jeff1220
04-13-2005, 01:23 PM
BTW, this is how these chats usually work: a person from the media outlet mans the keyboard and physically does the chat, while he relays questions and answers to the star (Willis) either by phone or in person.
At my old job, we had a chat w/ Dave Modell, just after the Ravens won the SB and he showed up in person, but never touched the keyboard. We also had one with the woman who plays Jordan on Crossing Jordan (who was on Law&Order at the time). Same thing - she was there, but never touched a computer. The phone was/is more common though.

Jeff1220
04-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Does anyone else like him less now, or is it just me? I hope he plays well enough to force me to like him.

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Here's some more for ya...

Joe (Philly): Have you adapted to the Buffalo winter? I prefer South beach, myself. What do see Miami doing this year? Does Coach Corker invite former players back to watch spring practices?

Willis McGahee: (1:53 PM ET ) I'm good now. I handle it real good.

Jason (CT): Willis, Do you honestly feel you are the exact same player you were before the injury as far as cutting and explosiveness go.

Willis McGahee: (1:53 PM ET ) At first I didn't, but it is all coming back now.

Here's a great one for ya.... :shakeno:

Jim (phoenix,az): What football player influenced you the most when you were gorwing up

Willis McGahee: (1:55 PM ET ) Deion Sanders. Just his arrogance and showboating. One day I will be like that guy.

Rich (New York): Do you care about winning a super bowl or is it all about the CASH?

Willis McGahee: (1:57 PM ET ) Super Bowl. Always.

Steve (Corning, NY): Willis, The Bills fans message board has been filled with threads trying to come up with the best nick name for you. Do you have a nick name? Is there a nick name that you like?

Willis McGahee: (2:13 PM ET ) Of course ... Horse.

Trent (NY): does it suck bein gin the spotlight all the time? hard to get used too? annoying?

Willis McGahee: (2:14 PM ET ) It's not so bad.

Michael82
04-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Does anyone else like him less now, or is it just me? I hope he plays well enough to force me to like him.
I like Willis, but he definitely has an attitude about him that scares the **** out of me. i think we will see that come out fully once Travis Henry is gone. I just hope that he is locked up for a long time though.

wbat27
04-13-2005, 01:37 PM
To get the contract he will have to play at that level which leads to good things for the buffalo bills Go willis and pay him if he does A super star running back is hard to replace.

Meathead
04-13-2005, 01:50 PM
I thought it was Art Modell.

Bill Brasky
04-13-2005, 01:52 PM

And this....

Wow, are you really that surprised. I bet he's here 3-4 more seasons max.

jaja54
04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I agree with you. Drew represents at least a quarter of the Dolphins and is part of a local Sunday Night Dolphins Sports Wrap show where he displays what a piece of crap he really is. Look what he's done in Philly with T.O. wanting a new contract after he just signed last year.

Mr. Miyagi
04-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Horse?? What kind of a :limp: nickname is that?

justasportsfan
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Willis sounds like Thurman Thomas.

jamze132
04-13-2005, 02:38 PM
If his comments about him staying if we pay him are true, it's even more of a reason why we shouldn't lock up Clements long term. I would much rather have McGahee for 7 years than "Playmaker"

Tatonka
04-13-2005, 03:23 PM
i thought willis signed a 6 year deal, no? can someone verify.

The_Philster
04-13-2005, 04:21 PM
i thought willis signed a 6 year deal, no? can someone verify.

His deal ends in 2006 but the Bills have the option on 2007

Michael82
04-13-2005, 04:39 PM
His deal ends in 2006 but the Bills have the option on 2007
Will you quit scaring everyone? :mad: It's a contract that ends AFTER the 2006-2007 season. However, there is an option for the team to pick up - year 5 (the 2007-2008 season). This means, if they pick it up...McGahee won't be a free agent until March 2nd, 2008. If they don't...he's a free agent on March 2nd, 2007.

Philagape
04-13-2005, 04:46 PM
We'll sign him to a long-term deal before the 2006 season. He's going to be our Peyton Manning.

Samphin1
04-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Scary soundbites indeed. Drew Rosenhaus is like Scott Boras in MLB. He has the top clients and knows how to negotiate. The man is beyond rich and seems to get off on being a ***** ( along with his brother ). The Postons are the only ones who hold a candle to him.

Devin
04-13-2005, 05:05 PM
We will lock up willis and JP if he performs, we will be a revolving door at WR.

Cant afford all 3.

Dicknoze69
04-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Willis' comments about being paid don't bother me...this is his job after all. I'm sure he wants to be paid fairly for a player of his ability. Players understand that this is a business too.

As for Rosenhaus, I agree that he's a slimeball, but he's the best agent you can have if you're a player. He usually doesn't have hold-outs (besides minicamps), and he is a great negotiator. He gets a player what he's worth in today's marketplace. I really don't think Rosenhaus is behind TO's shenanigans, I think that is just TO being TO.

I'm glad Willis wants to have Deion's attitude, on the field. He was a cocky SOB who intimidated the hell out of other teams. You can't tell me the Ralph doesn't explode when Willis runs well and whoops it up.

Jeff1220
04-13-2005, 05:52 PM
I thought it was Art Modell.

Dave Modell, Art's son, was Pres. of the Ravens before turning the team over to Biscotti.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 05:58 PM
It's always good to have that WR mentality :up:

B-DON
04-13-2005, 06:01 PM
does know even care that he atleast said he wanted the superbowl over money always. i dont care what he acts likes, who he bangs, or whatever the hell he wants to do. AS long as he wants to win keep him. Today that is all you can ask for and half the players dont even want that.

The_Philster
04-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Will you quit scaring everyone? :mad: It's a contract that ends AFTER the 2006-2007 season. However, there is an option for the team to pick up - year 5 (the 2007-2008 season). This means, if they pick it up...McGahee won't be a free agent until March 2nd, 2008. If they don't...he's a free agent on March 2nd, 2007.

Who am I scaring? I'm sure most people understood that's exactly what I meant

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2005, 08:51 PM

Football isn't hockey or basketball. The season starts and ends in the same year. Maybe one game tops is in the next year and all the playoffs.

If he is good, the team would most likely pick up the option, but if he is really good, I expect to see a huge raise to keep him under wraps for at least another 3-5 years. He's got minimum 3 more years if healthy, let's not panic people.

Captain gameboy
04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't think he will ever get near OJ type capability.

I'd be quite happy to trade him, or any other RB for that matter, in two years for the next great RB.

There will be many far better than Willis.

When he can convert a ten yarder into six, he can talk.
We had that with OJ.
Willis does not have that capabilility.

In two years, someone will.

jpdex12
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
and TD better pony it up.
No **** Mikey! We will have to open up a can of whoop *** on TD if he doesn't. Willis is a horse!

LtFinFan66
04-13-2005, 10:11 PM

And this....

These young kids see guys like TO getting away with his crap and think they can demand raises whenever they want. I mean TO got out of his trade to Baltimore and now is seeking more money....and his agent is....DREW

LifetimeBillsFan
04-14-2005, 01:51 AM
I don't mind Willis' saying that he is the best RB in the NFL right now one bit: a top-flight player in any sport has to believe that he is the best in order to become the best. So, I don't have a problem with that as long as he keeps working towards making himself the best, which he has been doing so far.

And, by acknowledging that he hasn't been the same player that he was, yet, I think that he is acknowledging that he still has not yet proven that he is back to 100% yet--which is something he knows that he will have to do to be the best RB in the NFL, even if he doesn't say it.

And, I'm not worried, at this point, about whether he will want a big contract down the road when this one expires, either. The end of the 2006 season--which is probably the earliest that the team would consider extending his contract--is still a long way away in the career of a RB and a lot can happen--good and bad--between now and then. If Willis becomes a Top 3 or Top 5 RB, the Bills should pay him because he is such a big part of their offense that, if he is performing at that level, the team will be successful. If he doesn't perform to that level or gets injured, the team can offer him what they consider to be fair-market value for how they feel that he can perform for them from that point on and he can either accept that or not. If he does, fine. If not, he can be replaced and/or traded--in the same way that T.Henry (and Greg Bell and Joe Cribbs before him) has been replaced.

And, it doesn't matter who his agent is. If Willis shows that he is worth the money his agent is seeking to the team, you pay him. If not, you make him someone else's problem and bring in someone who can produce on close to the same level for less money. The average length of a RB's career in the NFL is so short that a team has to be prepared to do that every 3-5 years anyway because injuries can end a career or turn a great runner into an average back at any time. Fortunately, there are good RBs coming out of colleges every year who are capable of becoming very productive NFL starters, even if they are not taken in the first round of the draft. Indeed, at present, the majority of the starting RBs in the NFL were not drafted in the first round. While a team might have a problem replacing a S.Alexander or E.James; L.Tomlinson or P.Holmes; RBs on the next level and below--C.Dillon, T.Henry, E.Smith, C.Portis, etc. can be and have been replaced within a season or two by younger and often cheaper RBs.

Quite frankly, I want Willis to become the best RB in the NFL--because, if he does, I know that that will mean that the Bills will be a good team. And, if he gets to be the best RB in the NFL--or even one of the top 5--I won't care if the Bills have to pay him Top 5 money because he will be worth that much to the team's success--especially if the continue to have a run-oriented offense. If Willis plays well enough to deserve Top 5 money, that's not a bad problem for the Bills to have, even if they have to "rob Peter to pay Paul". But, he still has a way to go to proving that he deserves that kind of money and the Bills front office and we, Bills fans, still have plenty of time before we "get to that bridge", let alone "cross it".

In the meantime, I don't mind if WIllis thinks that he is the best RB in the NFL if doing that serves to help him become the best RB in the NFL.

gr8slayer
04-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Does anyone else like him less now, or is it just me? I hope he plays well enough to force me to like him. For some reason I am really pissed at the guy now.

Jan Reimers
04-14-2005, 11:12 AM
How can you be too upset with a guy who has the mentality of an 8 year old?

don137
04-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Horse?? What kind of a :limp: nickname is that?

It could of been worse nickname. I would hate it if he said he likes to be called the Flamingo Kid or something stupid like that...

MDFINFAN
04-14-2005, 12:39 PM

Now we know why these teams do all this mental workup...Willis needs more public speaking coaching. He doesn't know how to be humble, which usually doesn't go over well. He should be confident, as any NFL player should by simply being one of the players choosen...but he does need to keep that I'm the best thing out there until he proves it consistently year in and year out..right now, he's just someone with a lot of potential. He forgets Henry ran for a lot of yards too.

Michael82
04-14-2005, 12:41 PM
True.

LtFinFan66
04-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Didn't he score like a 6 or something on his Wonderlic test?