PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Bills’ 2005 Record

Meathead
04-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Now that we know the schedule make your prediction on the Bills’ 2005 record. List the games and state why you came to the conclusion you did.

I come up with 8-8:

W HOUSTON 1:00
L Tampa Bay 1:00
L ATLANTA 1:00
L New Orleans 1:00
W MIAMI 1:00
W NYJETS 4:15
L Oakland 4:15
L New England 8:30
BYE
W KANSAS CIY 1:00
L San Diego 4:15
W CAROLINA 1:00
W Miami 1:00
L NEW ENGLAND 1:00
W DENVER 8:30 Saturday
W Cincinnati 1:00 Saturday
L NYJets 1:00

The three straight losses I have predicted at the start of the season is the difference between 8-8 and 11-5.

At Tampa Bay - First road game for JP against what is still a tough defense and a rapidly improving offense.

ATLANTA - Playoff team. Early in the season at the Ralph means Vick, Dunn, and Crumpler get to use all their skills.

At New Orleans - Bills usually suck in domes. The Saints were on a strong roll to end the season, should be quite tough.

Ebenezer
04-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Win Sun., Sept. 11 HOUSTON TEXANS CBS 1:00 PM
Loss Sun., Sept. 18 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers CBS 1:00 PM
Loss Sun., Sept. 25 ATLANTA FALCONS FOX 1:00 PM
Loss Sun. Oct. 2 at New Orleans Saints CBS 1:00 PM
Win Sun., Oct. 9 MIAMI DOLPHINS CBS 1:00 PM
Win Sun., Oct 16 NEW YORK JETS CBS 4:15 PM
Win Sun., Oct. 23 at Oakland Raiders CBS 4:15 PM
Destruction Sun., Oct. 30 at New England Patriots ESPN 8:30 PM
Loss Sun., Nov. 13 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS CBS 1:00 PM
Loss Sun., Nov. 20 at San Diego Chargers CBS 4:15 PM
Win Sun., Nov. 27 CAROLINA PANTHERS FOX 1:00 PM
Win Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins CBS 1:00 PM
Loss Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CBS 1:00 PM
Win Sat., Dec. 17 DENVER BRONCOS ESPN 8:30 PM
Win Sat., Dec. 24 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM
Loss Sun, Jan. 1 at New York Jets CBS 1:00 PM

8-8

Historian
04-13-2005, 02:19 PM
11-5
Probably pretty easilly too.

Bill Brasky
04-13-2005, 02:26 PM
With our horrid offensive line that nobody seems to think is a concern this team is no better than it was last year... I see them slipping a game to 8-8 -- at best.

Until TD realizes that this offensive line is in serious need of help, combined w/ the fact that we have basically a rookie playing behind it, this team will never get to the playoffs :sadwalk:

BAM
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
9-7. 10-6 if we can beat the Pats once.

justasportsfan
04-13-2005, 02:30 PM
2 6-10 predictions ...looks like 2 finfans are logged in so far. :lol:

jamze132
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
10-6 if we beat the Dolphins twice... which, by the way, is almost better than beer. :dance:

Mudflap1
04-13-2005, 02:46 PM
I said 6-10. It's so early still, and there are a couple of real X-factors like the draft, June 1st cuts, J.P. Losman, the left tackle situation, and if Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson are the answer, as well as regular issues you can't predict like injuries, and any other surprises.

HOUSTON 1:00 WIN
Tampa Bay 1:00 LOSS
ATLANTA 1:00 WIN
New Orleans 1:00 WIN
MIAMI 1:00 WIN
NYJETS 4:15 LOSS
Oakland 4:15 LOSS
New England 8:30 LOSS
BYE
KANSAS CIY 1:00 LOSS
San Diego 4:15 LOSS
CAROLINA 1:00 LOSS
Miami 1:00 WIN
NEW ENGLAND 1:00 LOSS
DENVER 8:30 Saturday LOSS
Cincinnati 1:00 Saturday WIN
NYJets 1:00 LOSS

Some notes...

The Bills have NO CHANCE this year unless they win 3 or 4 early... the schedule is too tough on the bottom end to start 0-4 again with an inexperienced QB...

Houston is winnable, and is a must to get off on the right foot.

Tampa Bay a loss because it will be Losman's first road game, tough defense, up and coming young team.

Atlanta at home I see as an upset win. Atlanta is good, but I think the Bills' defense can contain him much the same way the Eagles' did in the NFC Championship.

New Orleans I see as a win. I just think the Bills are better.

Miami at home. Win. Bills are better.

Jets at home, loss. Jets are a tough team to figure out, but the Bills always seem to have a heck of a lot of trouble with them. Call it a gut feeling.

Oakland on the road, loss. The Bills lost there last year, and looked pretty bad and intimidated (I actually was in attendance) against a pretty bad Raiders team. The Raiders will be much better this year.

New England. No explanation needed.

Kansas City at home. A tough one to call. The Chefs are a team with a bad D, but a great offense. It's off of a Bye week. The Bills might be coming together more as a team. I just see it as a loss though, it's still not too late in the season, the weather shouldn't be too bad, and the Bills often have trouble against the Chefs.

San Diego away -- loss. Chargers are better.

Carolina at home -- loss. The Panthers should be a lot better this year as they'll be healthy.

Miami -- win, Bills are better.

New England, no explanation needed.

Denver at home at night -- tough call. I think Denver will be a lot better this year though, and the Bills seem to have problems with them whenever they play.

Cincinnati away. Again, tough call as the Bengals are a rising team. However, the Bills always seem to have Cincy's number, so I'm giving the Bills the nod in this one.

Jets away -- loss. I think the Jets are better, and the Bills seem to lose at New York a lot.

So that's how I see it. Don't be hypercritical as I'm admitting there are a lot of variables that could change things (as stated above), and I could conceivably see two more wins in there (Broncos and maybe the Jets once), so as of right now I think 8-8 is conceivable. In training camp after I see a few of the games I think it's easier to see how things might go, so it's very early. I just see a step back this year, and unfortunately for all the TD lovers, if the Bills miss the playoffs Tom Donahoe may be shown the door.

Jon

Italian Stallion
04-13-2005, 02:51 PM
no way they lose 6 in a row mudflap.....that's just not even a smart prediction, regardless of the teams they play, this team is betetr than a 6 loss in a row team....sorry just wont happen

Michael82
04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
2005 Buffalo Bills Schedule

Sun., Sept. 11 HOUSTON TEXANS - WIN
Sun., Sept. 18 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WIN
Sun., Sept. 25 ATLANTA FALCONS - WIN
Sun. Oct. 2 at New Orleans Saints - LOSS
Sun., Oct. 9 MIAMI DOLPHINS - WIN
Sun., Oct 16 NEW YORK JETS - WIN
Sun., Oct. 23 at Oakland Raiders - LOSS
Sun., Oct. 30 at New England Patriots - MASSACRE (LOSS)
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE WEEK
Sun., Nov. 13 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - WIN
Sun., Nov. 20 at San Diego Chargers - LOSS
Sun., Nov. 27 CAROLINA PANTHERS - WIN
Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins - WIN
Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - WIN
Sat., Dec. 17 DENVER BRONCOS - WIN
Sat., Dec. 24 at Cincinnati Bengals - WIN
Sun., Jan. 1 at New York Jets - LOSS

11-5 (Optimistic Prediction) or 9-7 (Pessimistic Prediction)

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I went down the list and went with my gut feeling...9-7.

Historian
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
This is a solid football team, that is only going to get stronger in the coming month or two. We have real live, NFL calibre coaching, as opposed to the stiffs that dildo Williams hired.

This is the year we shatter that playoff glass ceiling.

11-5.

Meathead
04-13-2005, 03:31 PM
I predict Ally will be arrested by game 4.

OpIv37
04-13-2005, 03:35 PM
L ATLANTA 1:00
W New Orleans 1:00
W Oakland 4:15
BYE
L KANSAS CITY 1:00

9-7. NO is inconsistent and our D will give Aaron Brooks fits. No way we beat NE, and KC always seems to have our number. Randy Moss or not, I say we upset Oakland- we owe those bastards. I kept Denver and Cincy as wins, but I could easily see us dropping one of those. It depends how JP holds up, and they're both cold weather teams so that won't help us.

Michael82
04-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I predict Ally will be arrested by game 4.
I don't know if she will be able to go much. :sadwalk:

Meathead
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
How come?

RedEyE
04-13-2005, 03:48 PM
HOUSTON 1:00 - Win
Tampa Bay 1:00 - Loss
ATLANTA 1:00 - Loss
New Orleans 1:00 - Loss
MIAMI 1:00 - Win
NYJETS 4:15 - Loss
Oakland 4:15 - Loss
New England 8:30 - Win
BYE
KANSAS CIY 1:00 - Win
San Diego 4:15 - Loss
CAROLINA 1:00 - Win
Miami 1:00 - Win
NEW ENGLAND 1:00 - Loss
DENVER 8:30 Saturday - Win
Cincinnati 1:00 Saturday - Win
NYJets 1:00 - Win

Respectfully 9-7. With Lindell still kicking and the problems that come with a young QB, we might even be 7-9.

Again the Bills go on a late winning streak, winning 7 of the last 9...and again fail to get into the playoffs.

thebuffalobills4
04-13-2005, 04:04 PM
WTampa Bay 1:00
W ATLANTA 1:00
L San Diego 4:15 new england L
W KANSAS CITY 1:00 w CAROLINA 1:00
L Miami 1:00
W NEW ENGLAND 1:00

i got faith in this team!:D12-4

The_Philster
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
16-0 :up:

Philagape
04-13-2005, 04:32 PM
10-6

Houston W
at Tampa Bay L
Atlanta W
at New Orleans W
Miami W
New York Jets W
at Oakland L
at New England L
Kansas City W
at San Diego L
Carolina W
at Miami W
New England L
Denver W
at Cincinnati L
at New York Jets W

Mudflap1
04-13-2005, 05:15 PM
no way they lose 6 in a row mudflap.....that's just not even a smart prediction, regardless of the teams they play, this team is betetr than a 6 loss in a row team....sorry just wont happenThis team is worse than last year's team as it stands TODAY (yes, I know there's a lot of things that can still happen, good and bad), last year's team lost four in a row, and the schedule is tougher this year. It CAN happen...

Jon

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
I said 6-10. It's so early still, and there are a couple of real X-factors like the draft, June 1st cuts, J.P. Losman, the left tackle situation, and if Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson are the answer, as well as regular issues you can't predict like injuries, and any other surprises.

HOUSTON 1:00 WIN
Tampa Bay 1:00 LOSS
ATLANTA 1:00 WIN
New Orleans 1:00 WIN
MIAMI 1:00 WIN
NYJETS 4:15 LOSS
Oakland 4:15 LOSS
New England 8:30 LOSS
BYE
KANSAS CIY 1:00 LOSS
San Diego 4:15 LOSS
CAROLINA 1:00 LOSS
Miami 1:00 WIN
NEW ENGLAND 1:00 LOSS
DENVER 8:30 Saturday LOSS
Cincinnati 1:00 Saturday WIN
NYJets 1:00 LOSS

Some notes...

The Bills have NO CHANCE this year unless they win 3 or 4 early... the schedule is too tough on the bottom end to start 0-4 again with an inexperienced QB...

Houston is winnable, and is a must to get off on the right foot.

Tampa Bay a loss because it will be Losman's first road game, tough defense, up and coming young team.

Atlanta at home I see as an upset win. Atlanta is good, but I think the Bills' defense can contain him much the same way the Eagles' did in the NFC Championship.

New Orleans I see as a win. I just think the Bills are better.

Miami at home. Win. Bills are better.

Jets at home, loss. Jets are a tough team to figure out, but the Bills always seem to have a heck of a lot of trouble with them. Call it a gut feeling.

Oakland on the road, loss. The Bills lost there last year, and looked pretty bad and intimidated (I actually was in attendance) against a pretty bad Raiders team. The Raiders will be much better this year.

New England. No explanation needed.

Kansas City at home. A tough one to call. The Chefs are a team with a bad D, but a great offense. It's off of a Bye week. The Bills might be coming together more as a team. I just see it as a loss though, it's still not too late in the season, the weather shouldn't be too bad, and the Bills often have trouble against the Chefs.

San Diego away -- loss. Chargers are better.

Carolina at home -- loss. The Panthers should be a lot better this year as they'll be healthy.

Miami -- win, Bills are better.

New England, no explanation needed.

Denver at home at night -- tough call. I think Denver will be a lot better this year though, and the Bills seem to have problems with them whenever they play.

Cincinnati away. Again, tough call as the Bengals are a rising team. However, the Bills always seem to have Cincy's number, so I'm giving the Bills the nod in this one.

Jets away -- loss. I think the Jets are better, and the Bills seem to lose at New York a lot.

So that's how I see it. Don't be hypercritical as I'm admitting there are a lot of variables that could change things (as stated above), and I could conceivably see two more wins in there (Broncos and maybe the Jets once), so as of right now I think 8-8 is conceivable. In training camp after I see a few of the games I think it's easier to see how things might go, so it's very early. I just see a step back this year, and unfortunately for all the TD lovers, if the Bills miss the playoffs Tom Donahoe may be shown the door.

Jon
dumbass now rectalfaiders will never shut up.
Bills 13-3 next season without a problem.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Without a problem? You see, were talking REALISTIC scenarios you clown.

Mudflap1
04-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Negged.

Jon

Bills 4 life
04-13-2005, 06:01 PM

Sun., Sept. 18 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WIN
Sun., Sept. 25 ATLANTA FALCONS - LOSS
Sun. Oct. 2 at New Orleans Saints - WIN
Sun., Oct 16 NEW YORK JETS - LOSS
Sun., Oct. 23 at Oakland Raiders - WIN
Sun., Oct. 30 at New England Patriots - LOSS
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE WEEK
Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins - LOSS
Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - WIN
Sun., Jan. 1 at New York Jets - WIN

I REALLY CAN'T SEE TOO MANY LOSSES AT HOME? AND WE MUSTTTTT FINALLY BEAT THE RAIDERS OUT THERE!

ScottLawrence
04-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Sun., Sept. 11 HOUSTON TEXANS - Loss(Tough call)
Sun., Sept. 18 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Win
Sun., Sept. 25 ATLANTA FALCONS - Win(Tough call)
Sun. Oct. 2 at New Orleans Saints - Win(Tough call)
Sun., Oct. 9 MIAMI DOLPHINS - Win
Sun., Oct 16 NEW YORK JETS - Win(Tough call)
Sun., Oct. 23 at Oakland Raiders - Loss(Tough call)
Sun., Oct. 30 at New England Patriots - Loss
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE WEEK
Sun., Nov. 13 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - Win(Tough call)
Sun., Nov. 20 at San Diego Chargers - Loss
Sun., Nov. 27 CAROLINA PANTHERS - Win(Tough call)
Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins - Win
Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - Loss
Sat., Dec. 17 DENVER BRONCOS - Win
Sat., Dec. 24 at Cincinnati Bengals - Loss(tough call)
Sun., Jan. 1 at New York Jets - Loss(tough call went with split though)

9-7.

A lot of games can go either way.

ScottLawrence
04-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Tampa Bay a loss because it will be Losman's first road game, tough defense, up and coming young team

Tampa's defense is getting slower and older each year, and have nothing to show for it on offense.

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 07:30 PM

Sun., Sept. 11 HOUSTON TEXANS - Ok win houstin will give us trouble early but we will take care of them late.
Sun., Sept. 18 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - No problem with a win here.
Sun., Sept. 25 ATLANTA FALCONS -tough game but its the nfc the bills are at home and can win this game especially scince they won the first 2 and will be on a role.
Sun. Oct. 2 at New Orleans Saints - win without a problem.
Sun., Oct. 9 MIAMI DOLPHINS - win miami is falling apart and it will take a while before they can get their 3-4 defense put together.
Sun., Oct 16 NEW YORK JETS - we beat them at home before we can do it again.
Sun., Oct. 23 at Oakland Raiders - Oakland THE most over rated team this season, Come on all you oakland believers we see this every year some team makes huge moves in the off season and everyone expects them to go far and they do nothing. win for buffalo.
Sun., Oct. 30 at New England Patriots - they beat us here in a close game but vinitari kicks the winner
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE WEEK
Sun., Nov. 13 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - we beat them in a shotout this is when losman proves his ability to work under presure and make big plays.
Sun., Nov. 20 at San Diego Chargers - we lose in another heartbreaker.
Sun., Nov. 27 CAROLINA PANTHERS - beat them in a very good game with buffalo staying ahead througout the game.
Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins - win in another close game possibly another shootout.
Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - we get our revenge here and beat the patriots who wont be as good this season they have lost to many guys and dont even have an official offensive coordinator.
Sat., Dec. 17 DENVER BRONCOS - win in a blowout denvers defense is disected perfectly by Losman.
Sat., Dec. 24 at Cincinnati Bengals - Spikes goes home and kicks some ass in another blowout.
Sun., Jan. 1 at New York Jets - Having everything possible locked up buffalo lays down jets win and squees into the playoffs.

13-3

Buffalo makes the championship game only to lose.

Billzz
04-13-2005, 07:41 PM
No way we lose to tampa bay. That is a gurantee. Not only are they not YOUNG but they only have a defense. No one ever runs around the corners because of the speed at LB and corners in the good years. The middle is softer now plus the step or two the defense has lost over the years.

Sorry but we show the weakness and pound the ball down their throat and eat up the clock. They lack the weapons on offense besides Clayton and Griese. Period.

Besides I will be at the game making a ass of myself so that has to gurantee a win :loser:

Ohhh yea 10-6 is what I predict based on nothing besides hope and a gut feeling that being the basement of the AFC east has to end sometime. :pray:

Mr.Right
04-13-2005, 07:46 PM
As I look at the list of the Buffalo Bills 2005 opponents (http://www.buffalobills.com/2005BillsOpponents.jsp) .......

<!--emo&:yikes:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif<!--endemo-->
I can see them 'splitting' with the Jets <!--emo&:cheers:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif<!--endemo--> beating the Texans at home <!--emo&:cheer:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/cheer3.gif<!--endemo--> and getting a hard-fought 'road win' over the Saints! <!--emo&:smile:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif<!--endemo-->

<!--emo&:Lecture:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/Lecture.gif<!--endemo-->
That's three (3) wins for the season!

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Only to lose to who? and thanks for dedicating 4 lines to Oakland. :up: If it was a close game last year, this year with a running back, improved recievers and a better defense, I dont see how it's gonna change.

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Only to lose to who? and thanks for dedicating 4 lines to Oakland. :up: If it was a close game last year, this year with a running back, improved recievers and a better defense, I dont see how it's gonna change.

:clap: Youve managed to lower your stupidity, Better defense? Oh and the running back, what has jordan proved anyway? the only thing he has proved is that he is a decent backup not a starter.
I will give you the WR but they havnt improved enough to overcome the mighty bills.

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
As I look at the list of the Buffalo Bills 2005 opponents (http://www.buffalobills.com/2005BillsOpponents.jsp) .......

<!--emo&:yikes:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif<!--endemo-->
I can see them 'splitting' with the Jets <!--emo&:cheers:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif<!--endemo--> beating the Texans at home <!--emo&:cheer:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/cheer3.gif<!--endemo--> and getting a hard-fought 'road win' over the Saints! <!--emo&:smile:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif<!--endemo-->

<!--emo&:Lecture:-->http://www.billsaddiction.com/style_emoticons/default/Lecture.gif<!--endemo-->
That's three (3) wins for the season!
wow you're still here?

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
:clap: Youve managed to lower your stupidity, Better defense? Oh and the running back, what has jordan proved anyway? the only thing he has proved is that he is a decent backup not a starter.
I will give you the WR but they havnt improved enough to overcome the mighty bills.
lol, your hilarious man. What has Jordan proved?? Maybe over 5 yrds a run...And dissing my own defense, after last year theres no way it could get worse, only better. With a terrible D they sacked bledsoe 7 times!! This year we will have Derrick Burgess puyying Warren Sapp back in his usual position. We just signed CB Renaldo Hill so expect Woodson to be traded soon. Hopefully for a LB.

Mr.Right
04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
wow you're still here?
Yeah, I still post here occasionally....
:type:
....when I feel that my 'words of wisdom' are needed to settle any "disagreement" that the BillsZone folks might be having! :irule:

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey Right, if your so smart...call this argument. This guy is full of himself. :rolleyes:

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
lol, your hilarious man. What has Jordan proved?? Maybe over 5 yrds a run...And dissing my own defense, after last year theres no way it could get worse, only better. With a terrible D they sacked bledsoe 7 times!! This year we will have Derrick Burgess puyying Warren Sapp back in his usual position. We just signed CB Renaldo Hill so expect Woodson to be traded soon. Hopefully for a LB.

all the defense is washed up get over yourself im sure you where thinking the same things before last season and look what happened 5-11.
Jordan had such a high average because he was a backup he comes in and breaks off a good run so what he is a backup most backups have high averages.

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey Right, if your so smart...call this argument. This guy is full of himself. :rolleyes:
wow have to involve others in your discusion.
poor mr.left just cant win anything just like his team.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 08:03 PM
all the defense is washed up get over yourself im sure you where thinking the same things before last season and look what happened 5-11.
Jordan had such a high average because he was a backup he comes in and breaks off a good run so what he is a backup most backups have high averages.
The only thing holding back was future hall a famer Martin. The defense is anything but washed up, they have alot of young guys. When are you idiots gonna give up the "old and washed" thing. That was years ago. Don't know the avg age on defense, but on offense it's 26. You called Randy Moss washed up when he signed...YOU ARE A JOKE.

Novacane
04-13-2005, 08:03 PM

you forgot to mention a sucky drunk and a washed up old fart as your QB's

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 08:04 PM
wow have to involve others in your discusion.
poor mr.left just cant win anything just like his team.
I want someone to talk some sense into you. I know deep down you know the truth, you just won't admit it. Alright enough, or this will get moved to the smack forum, we'll settle this in school!

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 08:05 PM
you forgot to mention a sucky drunk and a washed up old fart as your QB's
One word...Expierence.

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 08:06 PM
The only thing holding back was future hall a famer Martin. The defense is anything but washed up, they have alot of young guys. When are you idiots gonna give up the "old and washed" thing. That was years ago. Don't know the avg age on defense, but on offense it's 26. You called Randy Moss washed up when he signed...YOU ARE A JOKE.
this happens every year some big name signs with a team and the whole team expects the player to carry the team all the way. NEWS FLASH!!! it's not happening!

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 08:07 PM
One word...Expierence.
3 words Old and useless.

Novacane
04-13-2005, 08:08 PM
One word...Expierence.

experience does not do any good from the sidelines. If Gannon starts he'll be knocked out by week 3 and if Collins starts..............Lets just say I'd rather have Bledsoe

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 08:09 PM
I want someone to talk some sense into you. I know deep down you know the truth, you just won't admit it. Alright enough, or this will get moved to the smack forum, we'll settle this in school!
what are ya gonna do hit me with your bracelet?

Novacane
04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
I give it until week 6 before Moss becomes a cancer throwing a public fit because Oaklands POS QB's can't get him the ball.

Novacane
04-13-2005, 08:13 PM
back on topic.....Bills record 10-6

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 08:13 PM
experience does not do any good from the sidelines. If Gannon starts he'll be knocked out by week 3 and if Collins starts..............Lets just say I'd rather have Bledsoe
Gannon's retiring, Collins throws one of the best deep balls in the game, and with Moss that is pretty scary. Bledsoe? Give me a break, besides the INT's, Collins had pretty good stats. Bledsoe had one thing Collins didn't...a running back.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 08:15 PM
I give it until week 6 before Moss becomes a cancer throwing a public fit because Oaklands POS QB's can't get him the ball.
Moss is maturing, and he will have to deal with it, b/c there's alot more talent than him on Offense. Oh yah...9-7. Like I said, scanned the list, and tallyed it up at the end.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 08:17 PM
this happens every year some big name signs with a team and the whole team expects the player to carry the team all the way. NEWS FLASH!!! it's not happening!
Thats what they said in 2002, but they made it to the superbowl, unfortunatly...they were really old by then, but they should have been there years before. :cynic:

Novacane
04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Gannon's retiring, Collins throws one of the best deep balls in the game, and with Moss that is pretty scary. Bledsoe? Give me a break, besides the INT's, Collins had pretty good stats. Bledsoe had one thing Collins didn't...a running back.

"besides the INT's" :rofl:

gobuffalo2007
04-13-2005, 08:21 PM

lol, yeah its not like the INT's matter.

thebuffalobills4
04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
16-0 :up:nice.
at least you and me belive that the bills are going to have a 12-4 or better record. :dance:

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
I mean he had good yards and stuff, but not having a back put alot more pressure on him to throw.

Meathead
04-13-2005, 09:13 PM
The sucky drunk took his team to the Super Bowl.

And then he sucked. Naturally.

RetroRaiders81
04-13-2005, 09:18 PM
The sucky drunk took his team to the Super Bowl.

And then he sucked. Naturally.
Are you talking about Rich Gannon?

The_Philster
04-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Are you talking about Rich Gannon?

no...he's talking about Collins...don't you know anything about your players? Collins was regularly toasted in Carolina...even made a fool of himself with some racist-style comments on TV one night while walking down the street

LifetimeBillsFan
04-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Sun., Sept. 18 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LOSS
Sun., Sept. 25 ATLANTA FALCONS - LOSS
Sun. Oct. 2 at New Orleans Saints - WIN
Sun., Oct 16 NEW YORK JETS - WIN
Sun., Oct. 23 at Oakland Raiders - WIN
Sun., Oct. 30 at New England Patriots - LOSS
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE WEEK
Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins - WIN
Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - LOSS
Sun., Jan. 1 at New York Jets - LOSS

It's really hard to predict this far ahead when there are still so many important factors that have not yet been determined. However, looking over the schedule, the worst that I can see the Bills doing is 6-10 (Houston at home, Miami twice, the Jets once, New Orleans and Cincy are all games that they should win and must win to have a chance at a successful season). On the other side of the coin, the best that I can see the Bills doing is 10-6 (losing to NE twice, the Jets once, SD on the road, Atlanta or Carolina at home, and Oakland or Tampa Bay on the road). Here's how I break the games down:

HOUSTON: A close game because it is JP's first start and he will make some mistakes, but Carr isn't great on the road and with no way for Houston to game-plan for JP, the energy of the home opener helps the Bills rise to the occasion.

Tampa Bay: A tight game that could go either way. It's JP's first road game and the Bucs home opener, so I give the Bucs an advantage. Their defense might not be what it has been in the past, but the Bills offense still hasn't gelled yet and, playing on grass for the first time, mistakes could be the difference. Griese plays well in the TB offense and their older guys are still healthy. Probably a loss.

ATLANTA: Later in the season the outcome might be different, but it's going to take awhile for the Bills offense to hit its stride and M.Vick is the kind of player who can pull a couple of rabbits out of a hat against even the best defense and the Bills D could have problems maintaining their focus and discipline against him. Still, Vick has struggled on the road early in the season and may lay an egg like he did against Detroit last season. But, the Atlanta D is good enough to give them a slight edge on the road. Probably a loss.

New Orleans: It's on the road and in a dome, which could be a problem for a first year QB, but the Saints' D isn't very good against the run and Brooks is incredibly inconsistent. His athleticism won't shock the Bills' D after they have had to deal with M.Vick the previous week. The Bills keep the ball away from the NO playmakers by running the ball on the Saints' D. An early must-win for the Bills if they lose to Atlanta.

MIAMI: The Fish are not as bad as they were last season, but they have a lot of holes to fill and a new coach and they probably won't be up-to-speed yet. "Rookie mistakes" could make this a tighter game than it should be, but the home crowd insures that the Bills play well enough to win this one.

NEW YORK: An early test and another close game. The Jets always play the Bills tough, but the Bills need to beat them once to have a shot at the playoffs and Pennington's injury was worse than the Jets let on, so I'm picking the Bills to win this one based on home field advantage and my feeling that, a quarter of the way into the season, the Bills offense will be starting to gell, while Pennington and the Jets will not yet be quite in sync yet. The Bills and Jets should split their two games--whether the Bills win at home early in the season or in NJ at the end of the season, both games should be close. The Jets have lost more from their roster in the off-season than the Bills.

Oakland: A "swing game" that could go either way. Gannon hurt the Bills with his legs as much as with his arm last season, while Bledsoe and T.Henry were dreadful. Having played in Oakland last year, the Bills should not be as intimidated as they were early in that game and JP can hardly play any worse than Bledsoe did, while McGahee should do much better than T.Henry did. Oakland has more weapons on offense, but their defensive line is aging and K.Collins is only slightly more mobile than Bledsoe and can be very inconsistent when under pressure. Jordan will give Oakland a running game that they didn't have last year, but the Bills are familiar with him and he has not done a lot of damage against them, even when he was running behind a very good O-line. As badly as the Bills' offense played last year, it was a close game and they should do better this time around. I think they could win this one in a squeaker--this game could be the difference between making the playoffs and watching them on TV.

New England: With NE coming off its bye week and the Bills traveling after a West Coast trip, this has all the makings of a blow-out on national TV. While I don't think the Pats will be as good as they were the last couple of seasons, until the Bills prove that they can beat them or at least play them close on the road, I have to put this down as a loss.

KANSAS CITY: If this were in KC, I would pick it the other way because the Bills never play well in Arrowhead, but this is a home game coming off of the bye week. The Bills should be starting to hit their stride and the fans and players will be psyched. KC has a very good offense, but still doesn't have a defense. The Bills have a defense and it should be good enough to give the offense a chance to win the game. Willis could have a field day in this one.

San Diego: I'm not sure that D.Brees is as good as he looked last season, but the Chargers have a good D, a great RB and TE, and they play well at home. West Coast trips are tough and the Bills haven't played in SD in awhile. This could be a tough one. I have to put it down in the loss column.

CAROLINA: A MAJOR "swing game". A lot will depend on the fallout from the steroid scandal in Carolina and which of the players that Carolina lost to injury last season are able to come back at full-strength--so it's hard to call this one at this point. I expect JP and the Bills O-line to have their act together by this point in the season--if they don't, the Carolina D could dominate this game, even though they are playing on the road, where their offense struggled at times last season. The Bills will have to play well to win this one, but, playing at home, they have a chance to do just that. Every season a team loses at least one game to a team that they are better than and should beat (in this case, Tampa Bay), and wins at least one game over a team that probably is a bit better than they are--I'm picking the Bills to win this one, even though a healthy Carolina team probably has a few more "horses" and more experience.

Miami: By this point in the season, Miami should be playing as well as it can and, being at home, should be able to make this a close one. But, by the same token, I also expect that JP will finally be able to "get it"--have that moment that all young QBs must have when, suddenly, the game begins to slow down and they are finally able to see and feel the game the way they need to--and the Bills' offense have shifted from the "don't let the QB lose the game" to the "let the QB show what he can do" mode. If JP has gotten to that point, the Bills should win this one--even though it may be close--because, while the Fish aren't going to be as bad as they were last season, the Bills are simply better.

NEW ENGLAND: This should be a much better game than their first meeting, but, as I said above, until the Bills show me that they can beat the Pats face-to-face, I have to pick the Pats. Things could change, but I have to look at this one as a Bills' loss. (If they manage to win this one, they could afford to lose one of the "swing games" that I have counted as a win.)

DENVER: A key game in the hunt for the playoffs. At night on national TV, atmosphere in The Ralph will be electric and the Bills will respond. The fact that Denver has just brought in four D-linemen from Cleveland should tell you how this one is going to go with the running game being the Bills' "bread-and butter". After playing M.Vick and A.Brooks, keeping J.Plummer in the pocket and putting pressure on him shouldn't be that hard for the Bills D. I see the Bills winning this one.

Cincinnatti: At first glance this looks like a "swing game", but Cincy hasn't done anything to convince me that they are going to be able to stop the run any better than they did last season. The Bills' D is just that much better than the Cincy D and, in December, defenses win ballgames. The Bills recent history against Cincy also leads me to think that this is a road game that the Bills should win.

New York: Based on the way that they have played one another recently, I think that the Bills and Jets are very close as teams at this point and should split their two games this season. I picked the Bills to win against the Jets at home earlier in the season and am going with the Jets to win this one at their place, but the situation could be reversed with the Bills losing the earlier match and going into the Meadowlands needing to win this one to stay alive in the playoff hunt. The Bills could, potentially, win both games with the Jets because I think that the Jets have suffered some personnel losses that may drop them a shade behind the Bills, but, with the Bills starting a first-year starting QB, I am picking them to split--although I'm not sure which of the two games the Bills will win.

While I think that the Bills could go 10-6 this season, with the tough "swing games" that they have--which I showed them winning 3 of 4 above--they could very easily be a better team than they were last season and play better than they did last season and still only go 8-8. However, taking everything into consideration, at this point, I think that it is more likely that they will go 9-7 and be in the hunt for a playoff berth.

And, like last season, if they make the playoffs this season, they will be a team that none of the other teams will want to have to play against in the playoffs because, barring injuries, by the end of the season they are going to be a much better team than they were at the beginning of the season or at any time last season. A great deal is going to depend on how well JP is able to avoid losing games early in the season and how long it takes him before he has that epiphany that transforms him from a "rookie" starting QB into a confident NFL starting QB who can see and feel the game well enough to just play his game.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-14-2005, 08:12 AM
I think it is not so much about the talent of the opponent, but our mental state and how we matchup with the other team.

HOUSTON 1:00--win--Losman will be Player of the Game, we'll tear up their secondary.

@Tampa Bay 1:00--win--This game will be won on the ground...if our d-line holds up it will be a blowout.

ATLANTA 1:00--loss---in OT. This will be a tight, tough game. Guess who loses it for us.....Lindell.

@New Orleans 1:00--loss---We don't come to play, Losman has an off day...let's forget about this one quick.

MIAMI 1:00--win---This game is over by early in the third quarter....we get scores from all three phases.

NYJETS 4:15---win---tight game comes down to the wire. This year we don't make the big mistake.

@Oakland 4:15---win---Collins is running for his life; their running game doesn't get established...our Defense gives us great field position and we run away with it.

@New England 8:30---win---Leading up to this game, Mularky earns his paycheck...our boys come out looking for blood...and don't let up until the final gun. The Bills are finally seen as real contenders. And the team has newfound confidence knowing that they can win an important night game on the road. THIS IS THE TURNING POINT FOR THIS FRANCHISE.

BYE

KANSAS CIY 1:00--win--still riding the high from two weeks ago, we avenge that embarrassing loss in 2003...with McGee returning both a KR and a PR for a TD. Buh-bye Dante Hall.

@San Diego 4:15----loss---hard fought game, We are unable to contain LT and he runs wild. Key turnovers cost us the game.

CAROLINA 1:00---win---another close game, low scoring, Lindell wins this one on a FG in the last minute of play.....and it's a 45 yarder!!!!!!!!

@ Miami 1:00--loss---classic let-down game. Miami was so weak in week 5, we look past them and the make us pay. Losman looks like an inexperienced QB, Willis is sidelined with cramps...things just don't go our way.

NEW ENGLAND 1:00---loss---we are out-coached by ol Bill once again. close game, a playoff preview perhaps, but we come up just short.

DENVER 8:30 Saturday---win---and win big, baby....Willis runs wild, JP on fire....the Bills prove once again that they are for real and are ready to make a lot of noise in the playoffs.

@ Cincinnati 1:00 Saturday--loss---Cincinnati is riding a high, and they are hitting on all cylinders...sometimes you run into a buzzsaw, and this was that game. Still close until late in 3rd quarter.

@NYJets 1:00---WIN---we need this win for home field advantage. We have to pull out all the stops, but we find a way to get it done. Pennington craps his pants late in the game which allows us a comfortable margin....

11-5, home field advantage.......WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

Kerr
04-14-2005, 08:55 AM
All i'll say is playoffs.

Dman
04-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I got 11-5 again, three years running. I'm gonna be right one of these years.
This is barring any major injuries, of course.

BYE

Michael82
04-14-2005, 12:36 PM
I got 11-5 again, three years running. I'm gonna be right one of these years.
This is barring any major injuries, of course.

BYE
Dman? You're back? SWEET! Welcome Back, man! :beers:

Dman
04-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Ty Mikey...it's good to be back. Let the games begin!!!!!
BTW..I love this schedule...

Michael82
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Ty Mikey...it's good to be back. Let the games begin!!!!!
BTW..I love this schedule...
I could go either way. It's good to have a home night game, but I hate the Patriots night game. :ill:

Oh well. So, Dman....are you coming to any games this year? You should tailgate with the Helmet Crew. We could always use another crazy fan there. :up:

pleasesavedrew
04-14-2005, 02:50 PM
9-7

BLEDSOE'S BATTALION
05-31-2005, 10:53 PM
:shutup: I wish I could be more optimistic about the Bills chances for the 2005 season, but the bottom line is that the Bills with JP Losman under center will struggle early in the season. Don't expect JP to be the second comming of Ben Rothlesberger. That type of season doesn't come around every year. If the Bills win six or more you can be sure that I will come back and admit that I was wrong

gr8slayer
05-31-2005, 11:17 PM
Some of you are being unrealistic.

10-6 feels right.

gr8slayer
05-31-2005, 11:20 PM

That's three (3) wins for the season!Dont you have your own message board?

kbeath
06-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey all you fans that say Buff. will beat Mia twice I WILL BET ANYONE $150 that miami beats Buff at least once(NO MATTER WHAT THE SPREAD IS, STRAIGHT UP) any takers. (ONLY SERIOUS INQURIES) You all are HOMERS if you said anything above .500 they are just like miami last year but with a better rb. They may go 8-8 but nothing better plus they got a tough schedule.