PDA

View Full Version : FURIOUS about this year's schedule!

MikeInRoch
04-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Why does the league office think it's reasonable that some teams have to play SEVERAL game against teams coming off their bye weeks? Here are the teams that get hosed this year:

San Diego - 4
Buffalo - 3 (Miami in week 5, New England in week 8, San Diego in week 11)
Seattle, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, New England - 2 each

Of course, this means that several teams play NO teams coming off bye weeks, specifically:

Denver, NY Giants, Baltimore, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Houston, and Green Bay.

MikeInRoch
04-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Why does the league office think it's reasonable that some teams have to play SEVERAL game against teams coming off their bye weeks? Here are the teams that get hosed this year:

San Diego - 4

Of course, this means that several teams play NO teams coming off bye weeks, specifically:

Denver, NY Giants, Baltimore, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Houston, and Green Bay.

And how about 2004? Buffalo played two teams coming off their bye: New England in week 4, Baltimore in week 7. Buffalo lost both games.

2003? Buffalo played two teams: Philadelphia in week 4, NY Jets in week 6, losing both.

We should average *ONE* game against teams coming off of byes.

justasportsfan
04-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Who cares? if we can't beat them , it's because they are better.

Ebenezer
04-13-2005, 03:48 PM

San Diego - 4

Atlanta gets lots of breaks this year....3 home Monday night games??

RedEyE
04-13-2005, 03:53 PM

I heard the Monday NIght Opener against Philly is going to be sponsered by Valtrex "It's a brand new day".

Dicknoze69
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM

Here's hoping Vick breaks his leg or develops life-changing herpes.

Forward_Lateral
04-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Here's hoping he plays like Ron Mexico vs the Bills.

TigerJ
04-13-2005, 05:44 PM
I've noticed that too. Not only does Buffalo catch NE in Foxboro with NE coming off a bye, but they do it the week after a west coast trip. It sure looks like the schedule maker is out to get us.

SABURZFAN
04-13-2005, 05:48 PM

the $43 million bust should get plenty of air time.that's if they even throw the ball to him. :snicker:

Marvelous
04-13-2005, 05:51 PM
OMG!! WTF!! BB gets 2 weeks to prep for us again. Lets just call that game a loss. Why would they do that to us of all the teams that play the champs. :negrep: :fury: :fury: :cry:

JJamezz
04-13-2005, 07:13 PM
OMG!! WTF!! BB gets 2 weeks to prep for us again. Lets just call that game a loss. Why would they do that to us of all the teams that play the champs. :negrep: :fury: :fury: :cry:

I believe its also the 3rd year in a row we get the oppurtunity to be humiliated in a nationally televised game... I won't count that game as a loss 'til its been played, but the last 2 weren't pretty.

Slim
04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
I believe its also the 3rd year in a row we get the oppurtunity to be humiliated in a nationally televised game... I won't count that game as a loss 'til its been played, but the last 2 weren't pretty.

going to New England, sux i had the plesure of going to last years game. Man New England fans are a**holes, they never give you a break. They were tellin me they were going to take me out behind the stadium and bury me.

Bill Brasky
04-13-2005, 10:21 PM
We got 2 primetime games, 1 at home. What is there to complain about? At least the city still has a team. Stop *****ing and love the Bills or get off the boards.

Morgoth
04-13-2005, 10:43 PM
We got 2 primetime games, 1 at home. What is there to complain about? At least the city still has a team. Stop *****ing and love the Bills or get off the boards.

Yeah, I think I'll keep *****ing and stay.

chubluv
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM

:clap: Well said !!!!!

LifetimeBillsFan
04-14-2005, 01:01 AM
We got 2 primetime games, 1 at home. What is there to complain about? At least the city still has a team....
You're right, there is much for Bills fans to be grateful for--including the fact that we have a team that is better than most and should be interesting and a lot of fun to watch this season!

I've noticed that too. Not only does Buffalo catch NE in Foxboro with NE coming off a bye, but they do it the week after a west coast trip. It sure looks like the schedule maker is out to get us.
Still, it really does look like the Bills are getting hosed on this one, in particular. It's as if they are setting the Bills up to look bad in front of the rest of the country to make the teams that they favor look better.

I also don't like the fact that the Bills end the season with two road games--games that could be crucial to making the playoffs. It seems to me that all of the southern teams on our home schedule are catching a break by not having to play a single game in Buffalo once the weather starts to get really cold: isn't that just a fortunate coincidence? (BTW: I'm not a big believer in coincidences....)

Jan Reimers
04-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Let's just suck it up and play, instead of whining and complaining.

Actually, I like our schedule. The first half is easier, which should help JP's adjustment, and the bye comes at a perfect time.

mayotm
04-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Thank you. All the doom and gloom gets frustrating. There isn't a game until week 8 (@ NE) that isn't winnable. The schedule couldn't be much more balanced. No more than two straight road games, the bye week right in middle of the season and a home prime time game. This whole "everybody is against the Bills" attitude is tired.

MDFINFAN
04-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Who cares? if we can't beat them , it's because they are better.

Post of the year, that's how I feel about football, if your team is good, they don't care where they play, as long as they don't have you guys playing teams 3 days apart, it's just a schedule, Miami has their bye in week 4 then 13 straight games. If they're going to do anything, they need to prove it on the field. Good teams find a way to win, bad ones whine.... well in this case the fans do..I bet the Bills look at this as a challenge, a chance to see how good they are. Your team has more faith in itself than you guys..

jamze132
04-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Maybe if Buffalo had a QB like Vick and we didn't miss the playoffs every year, just maybe then we might get 3 MNF games at home too.

Who cares if we are on MNF anyways? It's not like every game of the season isn't on TV.