• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Clements Fate

For all you people not wanting to resign Clements lets just wait and see how he does against the games best wideout, Randy Moss. I say if he shuts him down then offer him what he wants or lose out on a top 3, if not the best cb in the game right now inmo. If he lays an egg then offer him fair market and hope he takes it or time to move on. Either way i think we will get acb somewhere in this draft, hopefully later than earlier. Well just wanted to throw this out there. let me here your guys opinon on this one
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I say we extend his contract now.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

if we can afford it do it now.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
        Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
        • Mar 2005

Even if he does cover Moss, they have alot more recievers to cover. I think they should definitly re-sign him.
        The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

One game doesn't make or break a career...

Comment

• B-DON
            hi
            • Mar 2004

of course i want to resign him now. i was basically saying if we dont resign him now then i would factor in this match up hugely no matter how well he did

Comment

• B-DON
              hi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ed
              One game doesn't make or break a career...
              it does make or break number 1 cb money in the league though doesnt it? we all know clements will have a huge career but right now all i care about is how much we pay him and if he is worth #1 cb in the league money.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Moss is a top-5 talent ever in the league. It's not fair to base someone's career or abilities on one game against him.

But, the more I think about it, we need to lock C-Ment up. He's still progressing and will be the best corner next year if he isn't it already. Especially with Bailey struggling.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
                  it does make or break number 1 cb money in the league though doesnt it? we all know clements will have a huge career but right now all i care about is how much we pay him and if he is worth #1 cb in the league money.
                  It'll definitely be an interesting match-up if it works out, but if Nate has a huge year, like 10+ INT's or whatever, he's going to be able to demand and get one of the biggest CB contracts in the league. I don't think anyone is going to base his salary on one game. I mean I watched Champ Bailey get torched by Porter and the Raiders left and right last year, but there are still plenty of teams that would be willing to pay him what he's getting.

I don't know, I'm not saying it's not important how he plays against Moss, but I don't think it'll be the deciding factor in anything.

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RetroRaiders81
                    Even if he does cover Moss, they have alot more recievers to cover. I think they should definitly re-sign him.
                    everyone stop making this kid happy with your raider talk.
                    I never hear the end of it in his messages.

Comment

• B-DON
                      hi
                      • Mar 2004

who the hell is basing clements career on one game. Im not. All i am saying is i dont want to give clements champ bailey money and watch him get burnt all year, simple and plain. i know clements will have a huge career so shut up with the basing his career on one game

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

would anybody here pay that much for champ bailey again after they saw him get lit up all year? if so let me hear it cuz i sure as hell wouldnt pay him that much. i would of rather paid winfeild than bailey

Comment

• Billscusey
                          • Nov 2004

I completely agree, our team takes a huge step backwards without him!

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

As much as I'd hate to see it....I wouldn't be surprised if the phonecalls that TD got about moving into the first round were teams interested in Nate Clements. It's a tiny chance, but there is still a chance that he may get traded on draft day. We move up into the 1st round and draft one of those top CBs, and then get another day 1 pick too.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                              Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                              I mean I watched Champ Bailey get torched by Porter and the Raiders left and right last year.
                              Champ who?

And thats there 4th reciever Gabriel.
                              The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                              X