PDA

View Full Version : Preseason-is it worth it?

Billscusey
04-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey Zoners, I have a friend who is a Green Bay Packers fan (I know, I know, we can't all see the light!) and she really wants to go see the Packers play the Bills during the preseason. I have never been to a preseason game, and I just wanted to know if it was worth the trip.

- How do ticket prices compare to regular season prices?

- Is the tailgating any good?

- How many empty seats are there? I don't want to go if the place is gonna be empty.

- My friend really wants to see Brett Favre, what's the chance that he and other starters for both the Bills and the Packers will sit out?

- Basically, are preseason games any good?

Thanks for your opinions and answers to these questions. The drive is a bit far from Toronto if we aren't absolutely sure we want to go.

Novacane
04-13-2005, 08:38 PM
i enjoy the pre-season games. If the packers game is kids day this year the place will prolly be sold out. It was last year. Still should be able to get pre-season ticks of Ebay for no more that $15-20 each. I've gotten them as low as $5.

Bill Brasky
04-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Preseason games are fun and if you get a good deal on tix I'd say go.

My GF had never been to Buffalo, let alone a pro football game, so last year before we moved down here I took her to the Titans game because I knew we wouldn't be able to make it to a regular season game and I couldn't go a whole season w/o going to at least 1 game. Preseason games are mostly families and kids and people just looking to chill out.

The games are cheap and they're still entertaining, but nothing beats regular season/playoff games, that's a whole different universe.

Slim
04-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Pre Seasons cool, i like wacthing rookies develop there game a little bit before the season starts. I also like watching the guys who are fighting to make the team, i like wacthing them lay eveything out on the feild. It gets me enough football to hold me over till the regular season

LtFinFan66
04-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Preseason and a couple of bucks will get you a decent cup of coffee. Other than that, unless you want to see a lot of guys play who will be bagging groceries come Sept, I would not waste $$ going to one

ShadowHawk7
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm going to the Bears preseason game, cause that's prolly the only chance I'll get to see the Bills live all year. It should be awesome.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Go for it. Preseason games are nothing to sneeze at. They are actually pretty fun, especially as a chance to see rookies and other on the bubble guys play.

The first half is usually very competetive, and in the second half things slow down.

But you can still tailgate, and since it is in the summer you are very likely going to nice and warm and comfortable for the whole game.

It's entertaining---even though not as good as a regular season game---at least you don't go home with a knot in your stomach if they lose.