PDA

View Full Version : draft watch...Robertson skipping senior year at Kentucky

venis2k1
12-11-2002, 01:21 PM
University of Kentucky standout junior defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson will bypass a final year of college eligibility, ESPN.com has learned, to enter the 2003 NFL draft.

An All-SEC second-team selection this year, Robertson apprised university officials of his decision on Monday, and is in the process of completing the paperwork required by the league. He is also in the final stages of choosing a player representative.

Robertson, 21, is expected to be selected in the early rounds of the draft, and his pending inclusion further deepens an already impressive lottery class at the defensive tackle position. His departure is not linked in any way to the Monday decision by Wildcats coach Guy Morriss to leave Kentucky to fill the head coaching vacancy at Baylor.

The decision to leave school early, sources said, was made well in advance of Morriss' contact with Baylor. It is not yet certain when Kentucky officials will announce Robertson's departure.

Robertson played in 32 games, all starts, during his three college seasons. The 6-feet-3, 310-pounder had 114 tackles, nine sacks, five forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

The 2002 season was his best, as he recorded career bests in tackles (48) and sacks (five). Known primarily as a run-stuffer, Robertson demonstrated good pass rush skills as a junior, making a strong comeback from an ankle injury that slowed him most of the 2001 campaign.

anybody know anything about this guy??? "early rounds" could fall to round 2.

ArcticWildMan
12-11-2002, 01:43 PM
He'll most likely be taken by the second round.

I like Kindal Moorehead as a possible pick. He plays DE right now, but he is a perfect DT prospect for the NFL. He's got good size and has very good speed.

venis2k1
12-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Colin Cole is my pick at DT

ArcticWildMan
12-11-2002, 03:31 PM
I'm just praying that a projected 1st rounder (ala Josh Reed), falls into the 2nd round for us to grab!! :pray:

Bert102176
12-11-2002, 03:38 PM
we won't get Robertson cause he'll be gone before we get to pick