PDA

View Full Version : OT Draft Prospect Visits

ILOVEMIBILLS
04-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Didn't see this anywhere else...

Brown: Hard work remains key
By Jammal Brown
Special to ESPN.com

Hello all. The draft is only nine days away and this has been a busy few weeks. I'm excited about the visits that I've been making and have had the chance to meet some excellent coaches and front office people.

Last week, I visited with Philadelphia, Buffalo and New England. This week, I have traveled to Baltimore, Pittsburgh and St. Louis. The feedback has been good with the teams, and I feel much more comfortable interacting in person than taking a written exam. I know that some teams have wondered about my ability to learn a new system, and all I can say is, I'll do whatever it takes to be the best player that I can be. If that means that it requires more time watching film, reading the playbook or spending time with the coaches, I'll do that.

I am the first to say that I may not be great at everything, but football is something that is important to me, and I realize that to be a dominant football player in the NFL, it's going to require a lot of hard work and commitment. I love playing football and it's hard to believe that a team is actually going to pay me to play for them. I'll have the best job in the world.

Playing for the Sooners has helped me develop into a better football player, and in a funny way, I probably got spoiled by the fact that we competed for a national championship every year, I made All-American, and I won the Outland Trophy. I want to have the same success in the NFL. Winning is a lot better than losing.

It's hard to believe that so much goes into the draft process for some teams. I guess with the pressure to win and with the amount of money that is being paid to the players, everyone wants to find players that can help teams win now. It was the same way at Oklahoma. The coaches were always pushing us and trying to bring in the best recruiting classes every year. We were so competitive at OU that there is no doubt that many former teammates will be in the same situation as me in a couple of years. It was fun blocking for Adrian Peterson (the best running back in America) and protecting Jason White's back and watching him throw all those touchdowns! I'm ready to do the same for some NFL team.

I'm ready for the draft to be here. I'm excited to find out where my new home will be. Everyone says playing in the NFL is a dream come true. For me, it really is. I am fortunate that I've had so much success at OU and that we won so many games. I feel my mom's presence every day and am truly blessed to be in this situation. With her by my side, how could I ever lose? I guess I've come a long way from being a kid in Lawton, Okla. The dream is almost a reality, but it won't end on draft day&the draft will just be the beginning.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2037066)

Sportsuser101
04-14-2005, 05:15 PM
If we somehow get a way to get him look for Mike to move to LT.

Tatonka
04-14-2005, 06:52 PM
mike is not moving to lt.. td and mularkey have stated it time and time again.. it is not happening.. we will just continue to have the most expensive RT in the league.

Sportsuser101
04-14-2005, 07:05 PM
mike is not moving to lt.. td and mularkey have stated it time and time again.. it is not happening.. we will just continue to have the most expensive RT in the league.
Like I said if we draft Brown, which is very unlikely to happen, Mike will be forced to move to LT. Brown can't handle the LT position. At least Mike has the ability to make a possible change.

The_Philster
04-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Like I said if we draft Brown, which is very unlikely to happen, Mike will be forced to move to LT. Brown can't handle the LT position. At least Mike has the ability to make a possible change.

He has excellent feet and good overall athletic ability, which is why he shows the potential to start at the LOT position in the NFL.
link (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8640)
You were saying?

jpdex12
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
link (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8640)
You were saying?
Thanks for stopping that blasphamy Philster! Besides, MW is too slow for LT.:bf1:

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Sounds like a good prospect..TD is probally trying to meet with him and get to know him some before they go trading up to get him...

Remeber this little fact everyone.....the only two college player visits the Bills had in Buffalo last year were Lee Evans and JP Losman....TD don't mess around, and it could very well be that McNally has a stiffy for Brown, and the Bills might try to package something to get him

LifetimeBillsFan
04-15-2005, 01:53 AM
We'd have to move up to get him because there's no way that the best OT or OG left on the board at the end of the first round is going to get past NE. As I've pointed out in several posts, their offensive line doesn't feature many guys who were taken high in the draft, but they have suffered some losses on the O-line the last couple of years and need to bring in another stud that they can fill in around to keep up the quality of their O-line--especially with the money that they are giving Dillon and will be giving to Brady.

Sportsuser101
04-15-2005, 08:48 AM
So because you give someones opinion on a player its true? Ok I guess I have to do this from now on. IMO Mike will be forced to move to LT if we draft Brown. Jesus.

Sportsuser101
04-15-2005, 08:50 AM
We'd have to move up to get him because there's no way that the best OT or OG left on the board at the end of the first round is going to get past NE. As I've pointed out in several posts, their offensive line doesn't feature many guys who were taken high in the draft, but they have suffered some losses on the O-line the last couple of years and need to bring in another stud that they can fill in around to keep up the quality of their O-line--especially with the money that they are giving Dillon and will be giving to Brady.
They've got too many holes to make them a guarantee for a T or G. They need to work on ILB and CB.

Mr. Cynical
04-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Every time I think about his $9M cap hit I get pissed. No such thing as a $9M RT on a righty QB team. It's stupid. TD needs to own up that he made a mistake drafting him #4 and either reneogtiate a huge paycut or trade him. We can't afford to have a $9M RT. Noboby can.