PDA

View Full Version : Bills have contacted Eagles about Henry

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 06:07 PM
This is from Jay Glazer's report on foxsports.com

EAGLES CONTINUE TO BE ACTIVE IN TRADE MARKET: First the Eagles thought they had a deal with the Ravens regarding Corey Simon, until Simon's contract demands were too high. Now the Eagles have dabbled in the running back market.

The Bills have contacted the Eagles about a possible trade that would send RB Travis Henry to Philadelphia. (Rick Stewart / Getty Images)

FOXSports.com has learned that the Eagles have held talks with the Bills regarding a potential trade for RB Travis Henry. The Bills have phoned the Birds on more than one occasion and Philly appears to be interested. However, like the Simon deal, Henry's lust for a new contract could kill such a trade from occurring.

It's no secret the team wants to add a RB to go along with last year's stud Brian Westbrook, and Henry would be a great fit for any team looking for a solid workhorse and locker room guy. Buffalo asked for a second rounder but would probably take a third-rounder or even a fourth that would move up to a third if Henry met certain incentives.

In the end, Henry's contract terms will likely dictate if such a deal occurs or not. It certainly doesn't hurt to explore it either, does it?

Michael82
04-14-2005, 06:12 PM
hmmm, maybe the trade would involve one of their OL or Corey Simon.... :scratch:

gonzo1105
04-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I think we could get the 35th overall pick for him. I dont think this would be a swap of picks type thing.

Devin
04-14-2005, 06:16 PM
I dont know. This year there just isnt much in the draft past the third. Last year at the end of the 2nd there were picks being made that would have been first rounders this year.

Michael82
04-14-2005, 06:16 PM
I think we could get the 35th overall pick for him. I dont think this would be a swap of picks type thing.
That would be awesome!

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I honestly think this is being put out there now to press Green....I guarentee that the Bills have more than just two teams intrested in Henry, and might be willing to just take a pick, although the 35th might be tough to get

Remember...... Alexander and James can be "had" for 2nd rounders...

Devin
04-14-2005, 06:28 PM
good point.

lordofgun
04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I honestly think this is being put out there now to press Green....I guarentee that the Bills have more than just two teams intrested in Henry, and might be willing to just take a pick, although the 35th might be tough to get

Remember...... Alexander and James can be "had" for 2nd rounders...
Yeah, but Alexander and James will be playing for a lot more money.

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah, but Alexander and James will be playing for a lot more money.

Arnt the Eagles like 15 mil under the cap anyway?? So why do they care about Travis Henrys contract, even if they had to extend it....he's not getting big money, unless he proves his worth

Dozerdog
04-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Is there a link to this? I can't find the story.

ShadowHawk7
04-14-2005, 08:34 PM
No way we get that early of a pick for Henry.

gr8slayer
04-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Arnt the Eagles like 15 mil under the cap anyway?? So why do they care about Travis Henrys contract, even if they had to extend it....he's not getting big money, unless he proves his worthYeah they have lots of cash but now that TO wants more of that cash theres no telling how they stand.

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah they have lots of cash but now that TO wants more of that cash theres no telling how they stand.

Very true.....i've said it once, and i'll say it again, guys like Owens, Moss, Sapp might be good players but teams are much better without them......

no headaches to deal with, but most importantly, no higher standards to have to be forced to hold them to. Greedy showboats. end of story

Romes
04-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Is there a link to this? I can't find the story.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3540962

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 10:18 PM
its front page now....

SABURZFAN
04-14-2005, 11:54 PM
we picked up the extra pick from the Eagles to get henry.it's funny how it's possible that we'll trade him to philly for another possible draft pick.

Michael82
04-15-2005, 12:06 AM
its front page now....
It's on the front page too....

http://www.billszone.com

:up:

gr8slayer
04-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Very true.....i've said it once, and i'll say it again, guys like Owens, Moss, Sapp might be good players but teams are much better without them......

no headaches to deal with, but most importantly, no higher standards to have to be forced to hold them to. Greedy showboats. end of storySeems to be working for the Pats so far.

ShadowHawk7
04-15-2005, 11:44 AM
No way we trade Henry for a conditional 4th next year, like the article says. :mad:

Ed
04-15-2005, 11:49 AM
we picked up the extra pick from the Eagles to get henry.it's funny how it's possible that we'll trade him to philly for another possible draft pick.

Actually, it was Tampa Bay that we got an extra 2nd round pick from and used it on TH. Apparently they're in the mix now too though, so it would still be funny if we ended up trading with Tampa.

Jayhawk
04-15-2005, 12:04 PM
No way we trade Henry for a conditional 4th next year, like the article says. :mad:
screw that