PDA

View Full Version : Doug Flutie on TV

JWcolour
04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey guys, this is kind of random...im a dolphins fan but I love Flutie and if anyone was just watching the Yankee's game, Flutie just caught a line drive foul ball and saved the life of some huge dude. Right out of the middle of the crowd Doug Flutie just perfectly snags this ball. It was awesome

this might be in the wrong forum but I don't know

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Hey guys, this is kind of random...im a dolphins fan but I love Flutie and if anyone was just watching the Yankee's game, Flutie just caught a line drive foul ball and saved the life of some huge dude. Right out of the middle of the crowd Doug Flutie just perfectly snags this ball. It was awesome

this might be in the wrong forum but I don't know

Wow, some people just can't get enough of that midgets jock strap, huh???

Tell me, what does it smell like? Is it made of gold? :loser:

JWcolour
They just interviewed him too, it'll probably be on sportscenter

justasportsfan
the midget just seems to be making plays. Was it Rob's life that he saved? :snicker:

JWcolour
04-14-2005, 06:38 PM

Thats about the response i'd expect from someone from Fairport

JWcolour
04-14-2005, 06:38 PM
the midget just seems to be making plays. Was it Rob's life that he saved? :snicker:
You mean Rob Johnson SUPERBOWL CHAMP!?

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM

No, if it was Rob, he would of got knocked out cold by a the wind of a swing and miss....then Doug would be right up coach PHILLIPS ass to go out and play :funny:

justasportsfan
04-14-2005, 06:40 PM
You mean Rob Johnson SUPERBOWL CHAMP!?yeah. By laying on the grass. I've been training my nephews to do that. Didn't know you could be a millionaire that way.

Italian Stallion
04-14-2005, 06:41 PM

Yeah you're right...... smart, intelligent observations always come from us Fairport folk. Thanks man!!!

JWcolour
04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah. By laying on the grass. I've been training my nephews to do that. Didn't know you could be a millionaire that way.
Funny how he leaves the Bills and BECOMES THE CHAMPION!

justasportsfan
hey don't knock fairport. That's where my friends get their drugs. :mad:

JWcolour
Yeah you're right...... smart, intelligent observations always come from us Fairport folk. Thanks man!!!
You must be drinking the canal water

justasportsfan
04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Funny how he leaves the Bills and BECOMES THE CHAMPION!even Ryan Leaf could've done that if he signed w/ the right team and just sat down.

JWcolour
04-14-2005, 06:45 PM
even Ryan Leaf could've done that if he signed w/ the right team and just sat down.
Ehhh i don't know, Johnson brought a swagger to that team...

justasportsfan
04-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Ehhh i don't know, Johnson brought a swagger to that team...
did you watch those games he started when Brad went down? The only way they scored was by kicking field goals.

JWcolour
04-14-2005, 06:49 PM
did you watch those games he started when Brad went down? The only way they scored was by kicking field goals.
Because he was too busy trying to mentally prepare the team for their upcoming glory. HE SAVED THE SEASON!

justasportsfan
04-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Because he was too busy trying to mentally prepare the team for their upcoming glory. HE SAVED THE SEASON!you're definitely are a finfan :crazy:

JWcolour
04-14-2005, 06:52 PM
"I used the force"

Doug Flutie on saving a mans life at a baseball field.

Turf
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Could someone delete this thread.

McGee
04-15-2005, 04:18 AM
Could someone delete this thread.:goodpost: (http://misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

Jan Reimers
04-15-2005, 07:26 AM
I love how some Zoners vilify Flutie - who was 21-9 as a starter with the Bills and helped keep the franchise in Buffalo - yet are amused by a sociopath like Michael Vick.

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 08:13 AM
I love how some Zoners vilify Flutie - who was 21-9 as a starter with the Bills and helped keep the franchise in Buffalo - yet are amused by a sociopath like Michael Vick.

But a lot also can't stand Vick while being sick of the hero worship given a locker room cancer who consistently tried to hog the spotlight

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 08:28 AM
But a lot also can't stand Vick while being sick of the hero worship given a locker room cancer who consistently tried to hog the spotlightI agree, you forgot to say Rob was a cancer on the field too.

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 09:17 AM
I agree, you forgot to say Rob was a cancer on the field too.
I didn't forget...We're talking about the midget. That's what makes the Flutie faction laughable. To make Flutie look better, they endlessly compare him to Rob. The fatal flaw with that argument is that everyone agrees that Rob stunk. That doesn't change the fact that Flutie, like Vick, is an overhyped mediocre QB

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 09:31 AM
I didn't forget...We're talking about the midget. That's what makes the Flutie faction laughable. To make Flutie look better, they endlessly compare him to Rob. The fatal flaw with that argument is that everyone agrees that Rob stunk. That doesn't change the fact that Flutie, like Vick, is an overhyped mediocre QB Your transparency is showing Johnsonite.

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Your transparency is showing Johnsonite.

:lmao: I know that's a joke because no one could be stupid enough to suggest I was defending the world's biggest sack target :D

RedEyE
04-15-2005, 09:36 AM
But a lot also can't stand Vick while being sick of the hero worship given a locker room cancer who consistently tried to hog the spotlight

Winners hog the spotlight - that's what keeps them going.

Vick isn't a locker room cancer. In fact, he's almost as elusive with the media as he is on the field. He doesn't like the camera. However, that doesn't mean he won't do an endorsement or two and pull in some cheese.

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 09:38 AM
:lmao: I know that's a joke because no one could be stupid enough to suggest I was defending the world's biggest sack target :Dyou don't miss a chance to take a shot at the midget. Admit it, you hate the midget so much because he was waay better than your boy Robo. Taking shots at Rob is your version of a smokescreen to hide that fact that you are/were a Johnsonite.

How anyone can hate Flutie more than they hate Rob is beyond me. I am not a Flutie fan, but he's been the best qb we've had since Kelly.

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Winners hog the spotlight - that's what keeps them going.

Vick isn't a locker room cancer. In fact, he's almost as elusive with the media as he is on the field. He doesn't like the camera. However, that doesn't mean he won't do an endorsement or two and pull in some cheese.
Never said Vick was a locker room cancer...that was the midget.

you don't miss a chance to take a shot at the midget. Admit it, you hate the midget so much because he was waay better than your boy Robo. Taking shots at Rob is your version of a smokescreen to hide that fact that you are/were a Johnsonite. :yap:

How anyone can hate Flutie more than they hate Rob is beyond me. I am not a Flutie fan, but he's been the best qb we've had since Kelly.I really can't disagree with that. :peace: Which is sick :ill:

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Never said Vick was a locker room cancer...that was the midget.
:yap:

Rob was a cancer in the lockeroom too. He even took shots at the City of Buffalo. Drew would've been too if we kept him longer. Why don't you go out of your way to take shots at them every chance you get?

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Rob was a cancer in the lockeroom too. He even took shots at the City of Buffalo. Drew would've been too if we kept him longer. Why don't you go out of your way to take shots at them every chance you get?

I don't see many people blindly worshipping either Rob or Drew...next :crazy: question?

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 10:07 AM
I don't see many people blindly worshipping either Rob or Drew...next :crazy: question?I have yet to see anyone worship DF on this thread , but I see your intense hatred for an overachieving qb who did nothing but play his heart out for this team and yet hardly any negative response from you when the subject is about Drew or Rob who did worse than the midget.

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Rob was not nearly the lockerrom cancer Flutie was.

Have you ever really listened to a Flutie interview? "I threw 3 TD's", "I ran for the first down" "We had 4 turnovers", "We could not make the first down", "We were sacked too often".

Valerie
04-15-2005, 10:10 AM
That's so cool! Thanks for sharing, JWColour!!! :) I didn't see it nor did I see the replay. Hopefully they'll run it again. I'm a Flutie lover and proud to admit it!:heart: Maybe I'll have to become a Yankees fan now. lol :jk:

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Rob was not nearly the lockerrom cancer Flutie was.

Have you ever really listened to a Flutie interview? "I threw 3 TD's", "I ran for the first down" "We had 4 turnovers", "We could not make the first down", "We were sacked too often".What people fail to see is that what he says is blanketed by what he does on the field. Rob blamed his OL for his problems.

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 10:13 AM
That's so cool! Thanks for sharing, JWColour!!! :) I didn't see it nor did I see the replay. Hopefully they'll run it again. I'm a Flutie lover and proud to admit it!:heart: Maybe I'll have to become a Yankees fan now. lol :jk:

I spoke too soon Phil w/ regards to the worhip thingy. :hitself:

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2005, 10:41 AM
What people fail to see is that what he says is blanketed by what he does on the field. Rob blamed his OL for his problems.
No, what he says is not blanketed by what he did on the field. Flutie NEVER accepted any responsibility. RJ rarely did, but did so occassionaly.

Yasgur's Farm
04-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Hey Fairport... Village of Macedon here.

BAM
04-15-2005, 11:18 AM

That was a bit inappropriate.

Don't mind this moron, dude. I thought it was cool!

BAM
04-15-2005, 11:20 AM

I hear ya, Jan!

I don't understand why people constantly rip on him every chance they get. He has been our best QB since Kelly as of yet...

Valerie
04-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Best looking for sure. lol

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 11:38 AM
No, what he says is not blanketed by what he did on the field. Flutie NEVER accepted any responsibility. RJ rarely did, but did so occassionaly.going out publicly and specifically pointing the finger at the OL is not acceptiing responsibility. Granted he may have not been as vocal as DF. The point I was trying to make w/ Phil is that if you hate DF for his locker room problems at least he performed on the field while Rob was a less of a lockerroom cancer he was still guilty plus sucked on the field and blasted the City of buffalo.

If Phil's criteria of hating a player weighs on what is said on the lockeroom alone then he's got no case as to why Flutie is to be hated more than Rob. He's admitted he was a huge Rob supporter which is why I'm bustin his chops.

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Best looking for sure. lolI thought you found his twin Gary Coleman cuter :idunno:

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 12:30 PM
going out publicly and specifically pointing the finger at the OL is not acceptiing responsibility. Granted he may have not been as vocal as DF. The point I was trying to make w/ Phil is that if you hate DF for his locker room problems at least he performed on the field while Rob was a less of a lockerroom cancer he was still guilty plus sucked on the field and blasted the City of buffalo.

If Phil's criteria of hating a player weighs on what is said on the lockeroom alone then he's got no case as to why Flutie is to be hated more than Rob. He's admitted he was a huge Rob supporter which is why I'm bustin his chops.Did you miss the part where I pointed out that he
consistently tried to hog the spotlight ? I didn't mean that just off the field. If you've got open receivers downfield and time to throw...why the **** would you pull the ball down and run? I saw it regularly with him. every QB does it once in a while but it seemed to be a more common occurence with the midget.

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Did you miss the part where I pointed out that he ? I didn't mean that just off the field. If you've got open receivers downfield and time to throw...why the **** would you pull the ball down and run? I saw it regularly with him. every QB does it once in a while but it seemed to be a more common occurence with the midget.Oh and Rob didn't try to hog the spotlight by trying to break the franchis record for no. of sacks in a season? :shocked:

Whether you liked how he played on the field or not Phil it doesn't matter ,21-9 + 2 playoff appearances Phil.

You were a fan of a qb who couldn't win. The bills were a better "TEAM" even when AVP took over .

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Oh and Rob didn't try to hog the spotlight by trying to break the franchis record for no. of sacks in a season? :shocked: :rofl: Good point

Whether you liked how he played on the field or not Phil it doesn't matter ,21-9 + 2 playoff appearances Phil. The first of those two seasons he played well...I'll grant you that...but the second...he was carried by the defense

You were a fan of a qb who couldn't win. The bills were a better "TEAM" even when AVP took over .Technically...I was hoping for a better future with RJ...Flutie's best days were clearly behind him. When they both started sniping at each other, I was all for cutting both of them before the 2001 season and going with AVP. Out of the 3 of them, AVP was the only one who acted like a true leader and actually cared more about the team than making himself look better than he was.

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 12:51 PM
:rofl: Good point
The first of those two seasons he played well...I'll grant you that...but the second...he was carried by the defense
Technically...I was hoping for a better future with RJ...Flutie's best days were clearly behind him. When they both started sniping at each other, I was all for cutting both of them before the 2001 season and going with AVP. Out of the 3 of them, AVP was the only one who acted like a true leader and actually cared more about the team than making himself look better than he was. CXarried by the D. Hmmmm. So why were you a huge Drew supporter when he was carried by the D saying "it's not all his fault, it's a team game" ? Double standard. :mad:

TedMock
04-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Will this ever be put to rest? Flutie and Johnson both sucked....period. Let's see; we had a top 5 defense, RJ was a ******, and Flutie's offense averaged just over 14 points per game. Luckily the defense put a few in the endzone. Hey, does that mean Drew was better since his offense technically scored more? Speaking of Drew, he got hit so much with us that he totally lost all confidence and essentially became a worthless QB too. Okay, let's get this straight. RJ = sucks, Flutie = sucks, Bledsoe = sucks. In case anybody is unaware of this, not one of them is still on the team, nor will they ever be held in high regard as a Buffalo Bill. If you want to talk about good, quality, HOF, QB's, that actually were worth 2 *****'s to our beloved organization, talk about Jimbo. Or, better yet, let's move on. What's our new QB's name? :crazy:

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 01:47 PM
CXarried by the D. Hmmmm. So why were you a huge Drew supporter when he was carried by the D saying "it's not all his fault, it's a team game" ? Double standard. :mad:

I called him on his flaws too :peace: ..I just didn't blame Drew when the WR dropped a ball or the line missed a block, etc, etc. Same held true with the runt. I blamed him for his own mistakes and not those of everyone else on the team. It seemed like a lot of people blamed Drew for everything short of the Pearl Harbor attack...when every post they made was about Drew and they ignored the rest of the problems, it skews perception. I've always been pretty even with my criticisms but I've also defended a player if he's blamed for too much. That holds true with every QB from Kemp to Kelly to Collins to Flakes to RJ to Drew to JP

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Will this ever be put to rest? Flutie and Johnson both sucked....period. Let's see; we had a top 5 defense, RJ was a ******, and Flutie's offense averaged just over 14 points per game. Luckily the defense put a few in the endzone. Hey, does that mean Drew was better since his offense technically scored more? Speaking of Drew, he got hit so much with us that he totally lost all confidence and essentially became a worthless QB too. Okay, let's get this straight. RJ = sucks, Flutie = sucks, Bledsoe = sucks. In case anybody is unaware of this, not one of them is still on the team, nor will they ever be held in high regard as a Buffalo Bill. If you want to talk about good, quality, HOF, QB's, that actually were worth 2 *****'s to our beloved organization, talk about Jimbo. Or, better yet, let's move on. What's our new QB's name? :crazy:

nice post...in answer to your question...for some reason I'm thinking Losman :scratch:
as far as me and justa...we're just having a little fun with this...he's always been fun to debate with, IMO

he's always wrong but still:ontome:

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Will this ever be put to rest? Flutie and Johnson both sucked....period. Let's see; we had a top 5 defense, RJ was a ******, and Flutie's offense averaged just over 14 points per game. Luckily the defense put a few in the endzone. Hey, does that mean Drew was better since his offense technically scored more? Speaking of Drew, he got hit so much with us that he totally lost all confidence and essentially became a worthless QB too. Okay, let's get this straight. RJ = sucks, Flutie = sucks, Bledsoe = sucks. In case anybody is unaware of this, not one of them is still on the team, nor will they ever be held in high regard as a Buffalo Bill. If you want to talk about good, quality, HOF, QB's, that actually were worth 2 *****'s to our beloved organization, talk about Jimbo. Or, better yet, let's move on. What's our new QB's name? :crazy:NO!

justasportsfan
04-15-2005, 01:54 PM
he's always wrong but still:ontome: :funny:

ticatfan
04-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Never heard any cancer talk in all the years up here or the past few in chargerland, maybe the was a few babies on the bills team back then ,that did like seeing some little guy winning. And if he was'nt pulled maybe there would be a super bowl in buffalo.

The_Philster
04-15-2005, 03:35 PM
We might've...had he played special teams in place of Daryl Porter that day :laughter: