PDA

View Full Version : Interesting position for TH to Philly

jpdex12
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
With the newest trade talk about Henry and the recent post on this site about Jamaal Brown visiting the Bills, can you imagine if we traded Nate and TH for their #31 and #63 picks? They would still have the third pick in the second round. I don't want to see NC leave, but he's gonna command big money. I think that it would be smart to let him play the last year out.

Philly may swap us TH for their #63. That would be a fair deal and the most likely to occur. Then we would have two second rounders. It does reak of smokescreen for the liking of Denny Green! Nice rhyme!

BADTHINGSMAN
04-14-2005, 10:38 PM
With the newest trade talk about Henry and the recent post on this site about Jamaal Brown visiting the Bills, can you imagine if we traded Nate and TH for their #31 and #63 picks? They would still have the third pick in the second round. I don't want to see NC leave, but he's gonna command big money. I think that it would be smart to let him play the last year out.

Philly may swap us TH for their #63. That would be a fair deal and the most likely to occur. Then we would have two second rounders. It does reak of smokescreen for the liking of Denny Green! Nice rhyme!

Id hope for a bit more than the #31 for Nate Clements..

Michael82
04-15-2005, 12:08 AM
I agree. I want AZ's first rounder for Nate.

gonzo1105
04-15-2005, 12:28 AM
I see us eventually trading Henry either to Tampa, Philly, or Arizona for a 2nd rounder and calling it a deal. I'd take Philly's 63 for Henry. Then we'd draft a young tackle have Teague play LT for a year then have the rookie step in. We'll also draft a center who will hopefully be starting by their second year.

Sportsuser101
04-15-2005, 08:52 AM
That would be a stupid trade for us. Anything less then a high 1st round pick for Clements would just be ignorant to do it.

RedEyE
04-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Nate's not going anywhere this year.

sb_bound
04-15-2005, 08:59 AM
I would trade Clements for a mid first rounder this year and a conditional second next year that can become a first rounder if Clements makes the Pro Bowl.

jamze132
04-15-2005, 08:59 AM
That would be a stupid trade for us. Anything less then a high 1st round pick for Clements would just be ignorant to do it.
I agree. Clements is worth it and the trade needs to be done. Not going to be able to afford both Clements and McGahee when the time comes. And if losing Clements this year causes us to lose more games, than we don't have the great defense that we thought we had. Isn't there some gy named Vincent who could step in for a year to play CB?

gobuffalo2007
04-15-2005, 09:00 AM

Clements stock will rise after this season just wait.

mysticsoto
04-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I agree. Clements is worth it and the trade needs to be done. Not going to be able to afford both Clements and McGahee when the time comes. And if losing Clements this year causes us to lose more games, than we don't have the great defense that we thought we had. Isn't there some gy named Vincent who could step in for a year to play CB?
That's easy to say, but who is interested in NC? Reports at Washington being interested sounded more like rumors than anything. Ty Law is still out there and nobody has grabbed him, and Surtain is still available and might be gotten for a 3rd rd at this point, if someone with good negotiation skills were to work Saban up a little - he hasn't gotten much offers for 2nd so he might consider it.

I know Nate is younger and at the top of his game, but I really don't see the interest. I do see us grooming a new CB with potential from the draft this year, in case we do lose Clements next year though...which is a serious possibility!

Dicknoze69
04-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Nate's not going anywhere this year.

Exactly.

ShadowHawk7
04-15-2005, 11:46 AM
I'd take Philly's 63 for Henry.

As would I, that would be a fair trade, if not a probable one, if the trade talks pick up.

jamze132
04-16-2005, 12:54 AM
That's easy to say, but who is interested in NC? Reports at Washington being interested sounded more like rumors than anything. Ty Law is still out there and nobody has grabbed him, and Surtain is still available and might be gotten for a 3rd rd at this point, if someone with good negotiation skills were to work Saban up a little - he hasn't gotten much offers for 2nd so he might consider it.

I know Nate is younger and at the top of his game, but I really don't see the interest. I do see us grooming a new CB with potential from the draft this year, in case we do lose Clements next year though...which is a serious possibility!Are you serious? If Donahoe let it be known that Clements was on the trading block, I would bet that 75% of the NFL would inquire as to what he wanted in return. There has been no dialogue about it because Clements is still a year away from FA. Which is why we must act now to get the max in return, if thats the route that the Bills wanna take.

Bills 4 life
04-16-2005, 07:59 AM
CLEMENTS WOULD GO TO MINNESOTA WITH WINFIELD AND COTTRELL.

Jayhawk
04-16-2005, 08:07 AM
I agree. I want AZ's first rounder for Nate.
I'd take that or Clevelands one

lordofgun
04-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Keep Clements. He's not going anywhere after this year unless we trade him.

DynaPaul
04-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Keep Nate a Bill.