Tampa Bay Bucs Interested in Travis Henry!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathadder
    • Mar 2003

Tampa Bay Bucs Interested in Travis Henry!!

General manager Bruce Allen said he contacted the Bills on Wednesday about the possibility of acquiring running back Travis Henry, who has one year left on his contract but wants out of Buffalo.

"I spoke to the Bills," Allen said Thursday, careful not to elaborate.

Although the Bucs likely will speak to a number of teams over the next seven days, the possibility of acquiring Henry, a 5-foot-9, 215-pounder who has two 1,000-yard campaigns in four seasons, could seriously alter their approach on draft day April 23.

Should the Bucs pull off a trade, which likely wouldn't happen until next week, they could turn their attention to the two highly rated receivers, USC's Mike Williams or Michigan's Braylon Edwards, or can trade up to get either Utah quarterback Alex Smith or California quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Henry's agent, Hadley Engelhard, said he has had a discussion with the Bucs and anticipates further conversation.

"We have had dialogue, and will continue to talk," Engelhard said Thursday. "There are several teams that would be a good fit for Travis."

Last edited by Michael82; 04-15-2005, 05:31 AM.
    http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

very nice!

looks like TD's patience is coming through. Now there is competition for Henry: Cards, Bucs, and Eagles. 8 Days till the draft!
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Aug 2004

I am pleased, but not surprised to read this! Tampa Bay has been quietly mentioned a couple of times in the past as being interested in T.Henry.

With TD opening discussions with both TB and Philly about Henry, he is really putting the pressure on both of them and Arizona to give the Bills a better deal than he had been offered by the Cards up until now. The man's playing poker and, so far, I must admit that I like the way he is playing this situation out. At the very least, he is keeping us all very interested in seeing how this all plays out!

I'm beginning to get the feeling that he just might be looking for a way to sneak back into the bottom of the first round to snatch a player that the coaching/scouting staff are really interested in. Two second round picks or a second and a very high third rounder might be attractive to a team looking to fill multiple needs (Dallas ?).
      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

This may make Dennis Green give in before the draft with the swap of 2nd rounders or maybe one of his 3rd rounders.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'd rather deal with philly.they have the 35th and 63rd picks.i'd like to package henry with something to get both of them.that would give us 3 2nd rounders.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Rhettoric
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            i'd rather deal with philly.they have the 35th and 63rd picks.i'd like to package henry with something to get both of them.that would give us 3 2nd rounders.
            I don't think that will happen with TO wanting a new contract already and I think they are going to release Freddy M. Philly is going to need at least one of those picks to draft a new receiver.
            "Is his junk out?....Now it's a party."

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Ive been saying this for a while the Bucs are looking at him and I think they will give up their hight 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gobuffalo2007
                Ive been saying this for a while the Bucs are looking at him and I think they will give up their hight 2nd round pick.
                they have 2 also....don't they?

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by deathadder
                  General manager Bruce Allen said he contacted the Bills on Wednesday about the possibility of acquiring running back Travis Henry, who has one year left on his contract but wants out of Buffalo.

"I spoke to the Bills," Allen said Thursday, careful not to elaborate.

Although the Bucs likely will speak to a number of teams over the next seven days, the possibility of acquiring Henry, a 5-foot-9, 215-pounder who has two 1,000-yard campaigns in four seasons, could seriously alter their approach on draft day April 23.

Should the Bucs pull off a trade, which likely wouldn't happen until next week, they could turn their attention to the two highly rated receivers, USC's Mike Williams or Michigan's Braylon Edwards, or can trade up to get either Utah quarterback Alex Smith or California quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Henry's agent, Hadley Engelhard, said he has had a discussion with the Bucs and anticipates further conversation.

"We have had dialogue, and will continue to talk," Engelhard said Thursday. "There are several teams that would be a good fit for Travis."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/15/Bu...ppy_Bill.shtml
                  As of this morning from WDAE 620 the animal radio station in Tampa they stated the Bills and Bucs are close to dealing Henry to the Bucs for a 2nd round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    they have 2 also....don't they?
                    2 3rds!!!!!
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Where are all the TD bashers now? Or all those..."The Sky is Falling...TD get the deal done NOW!!"

Once again TD shows us that he knows what he is doing...if we listened to the Pavlovian impulse jerks around here, our team would never progress and get better. With a chance at a higher 2nd rd pick or even an extra 1st day pick, we have a better chance at getting some good quality players that we might have otherwise not had a chance for!!!

Personally, I do like the idea of having 2 2nd rounders (TB picks at #36 - even higher than Arizona) - a better chance to get Matt Jones? Or Baas???

Mikey82 - where did you get the idea that TB has 2 2nd rounders??? I haven't seen that and can't find any substantiation of that...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Where are all the TD bashers now? ..
                        Don't jump the gun. A deal hasn't been made yet.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• clumping platelets

Travis will have a new address in Tampa, Philly, Phoenix by next Sat

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Well now....this could prove interesting. Tampa is a team that doesn't mind paying for the right player.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                              Travis will have a new address in Tampa, Philly, Phoenix by next Sat
                              I don't think he can afford 3 houses. That's why he signed an extension w/ the bills.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X