PDA

View Full Version : If the BILLS get the Bucs 2nd rd pick

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
We would have two second rounders SO...is there a possibility that we draft Nugent with that second round pick :question: Not that I want him we need help on the O-line so J.P. doesn't get killed out there and like I've said before I don't want a rookie K who has never kicked in the NFL we had that happen with two other kickers as you can remember!

Dozerdog
04-15-2005, 08:32 PM
I'd only see it if he were there with our 3rd round pick.

But from listening to TD's offseason interviews- Id say no.

Slim
04-15-2005, 08:34 PM
We would have two second rounders SO...is there a possibility that we draft Nugent with that second round pick :question: Not that I want him we need help on the O-line so J.P. doesn't get killed out there and like I've said before I don't want a rookie K who has never kicked in the NFL we had that happen with two other kickers as you can remember!

if u really want the answer to that question, look at all the BillsZone forums about it

gonzo1105
04-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I think if we get the two 2nd rounders. We better not pass on Baas with the first pick we have to play Center.I drool over the thought. Then we would take the best CB/ DT on the board with the 2nd 2nd rounder and then take what we didn't take out of them two in the 3rd.

AndreReed83
04-15-2005, 10:09 PM
I think that if we get two 2nd Rounders and their is a first round prospect available late in the 1st round (30th-32nd), we might move up and snag him. I think I'd rather us stay put, but if that player we move up for is worth it, do it.

tampabay25690
04-15-2005, 10:55 PM
I think if we get the two 2nd rounders. We better not pass on Baas with the first pick we have to play Center.I drool over the thought. Then we would take the best CB/ DT on the board with the 2nd 2nd rounder and then take what we didn't take out of them two in the 3rd.

You are right on with that commenet, if the Bills take Nugent in the 2nd round I will be pissed......

Bert102176
04-16-2005, 12:20 AM
I've heard the Bucs may release Derrick Brooks do to his salery think they would wanna trade him for Henry, he's a big improvement over Posey, but I would really like their 2nd round pick, just wondering what you all think

Jerry Ewert
04-16-2005, 12:34 AM
if the bills did get two 2nd rd picks, iwould like too see them pick baas and then the best dl. games are still won on the line

jamze132
04-16-2005, 12:56 AM
I've heard the Bucs may release Derrick Brooks do to his salery think they would wanna trade him for Henry, he's a big improvement over Posey, but I would really like their 2nd round pick, just wondering what you all think
Isn't Brooks in his mid to late 30's? WTF would we trade Henry for Brooks when we don't need a OLB?

gr8slayer
04-16-2005, 01:02 AM
I will be a unhappy little coconut if we take a damn kicker with our any first day pick.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-16-2005, 01:57 AM
I love Nugent, I also think that the Bills need a better PK than Lindell, and I would be absolutely delighted to see Nugent in a Bills uniform---BUT...I also think that the Bills have too many other needs that need to be addressed to spend a Day One pick on a PK in this draft. Particularly when there are some other pretty decent PK prospects who should still be available in the late rounds.

Trading T.Henry to Tampa for a draft pick would make it an absolute necessity that the Bills take an O-lineman early--probably an OT prospect that could be moved into the starting lineup if T.Teague or R.Tucker fail to get the job done at LOT and C respectively and J.Peters proves to be unable to learn the LOT position. Taking a Center that could be developed to replace T.Teague and R.Tucker would probably have to wait for later--after taking a big RB to back-up W.McGahee. Someone like G.Mruczkowski, who may still be around in Round 5.

As has been discussed in other threads, a CB and a DT are other needs, with the priority for taking a CB depending on what the Bills intend to do with N.Clements.

IMHO, getting a pick from Tampa Bay or Philly in exchange for T.Henry still doesn't change what the Bills priorities in this draft are--if anything, it would underscore the urgency to address their offensive line needs early on--although it might give them a bit more flexibility in how they go about doing that.

Sportsuser101
04-16-2005, 10:31 AM
I'd be furious if a kicker was drafted on day 1 for us I don't care who it is.

Samphin1
04-16-2005, 01:12 PM
I think Tampa may end up trading their picks to move up and pick Alex Smith. Miami has these rumors spread all over them. Again, I don't see the point of trading for a malcontent oft injured backup when perfectly good rookies with less mileage and concerns are in the draft.

Tatonka
04-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Ross, the scout who did the interview on bb.com the other day, specifically commented on kickers, saying that everyones boards are different, but made mention of janokowski being drafted in the first round, and while he has turned out to be a good kicker, he didnt agree with the value.. something to that effect..

funny thing is.. all the people clamoring for a kicker.. are you telling me you would be totaly confident with a rookie kicker and the game is on the line? i know i wouldnt...

Sportsuser101
04-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Ross, the scout who did the interview on bb.com the other day, specifically commented on kickers, saying that everyones boards are different, but made mention of janokowski being drafted in the first round, and while he has turned out to be a good kicker, he didnt agree with the value.. something to that effect..

funny thing is.. all the people clamoring for a kicker.. are you telling me you would be totaly confident with a rookie kicker and the game is on the line? i know i wouldnt...
See Nate Kaeding for results.