PDA

View Full Version : Jets Interested in T.Law

LifetimeBillsFan
04-16-2005, 01:37 AM
While a lot of attention has been paid to the problems that the Jets have been having with coming to terms with franchised DE John Abraham, they are also facing a problem with the "other" Abraham on their roster that could significantly impact their defense this coming season.

According to published reports in the NYC press, CB Donnie Abraham has been mulling retirement this past off-season and the Jets are allowing him to skip their off-season workouts in the hopes that his desire to play the game will be rejuventated by some extended time off. There was an article about this in the NY Daily News on Thursday that I didn't get a chance to see in time to post a link for it, but it is also mentioned in the "Notebook" section at the end of this article--which also mentions that the Jets are targeting a CB in the up-coming draft: URL: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/story/300022p-256857c.html

Another article in the same newspaper mentions (at the end) that the Jets may be interested in acquiring Ty Law. Those of us Bills fans from the NYC area who are familiar with Jets HC Herman Edwards' style of dealing with the media here understand that the kind of coy response that he is reported to have given in the article best interpreted as his way of giving an affirmative answer without actually doing so: URL: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_JETS_OFFSEASON?SITE=NYNYD&SECTION=FOOTBALL&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I don't know if the Jets can afford both John Abraham and Ty Law, so whether they make an attempt to sign Law may be dependent upon whether they keep or trade J.Abraham. If they keep J.Abraham, but D.Abraham follows through on his intention to retire, the Jets could be left with some real concerns at CB.

I felt that the Bills and Jets were very close as teams last season. It is problems like these that the Jets have encountered this off-season (including the loss of J.Ferguson, L.Jordan and their inability to secure the TEs that they were seeking to replace A.Becht) that have me thinking that the Bills may be a hair better than the Jets this coming season, even with JP starting at QB for the first time.

jamze132
04-16-2005, 09:03 AM
I hope the Jets end up in salary cap jail one day.